• Malik'i
    • Hanbali
    • I dont follow a Madhab
    • All of them
    • What is a Madhab?

:D

:D ............................

You should also have put the most famous one "Imam Nafs, Hidaayatul Allah Alaih"?

lol

Yes....for those who follow their desires....LOLz

Assalamu alaikum

I follow the Hanafi madhab. :D

Wa-alaikum salam

Assalamu alaykum

I follow Hanafi madhab

And I have full respect for our brothers who follow shafi, hanbali and Maaliki madhabs.

Also I respect brothers who do not follow any madhabs.

my answer was i don't follow a madhab.....

RESTLESS SOUL??????????????? :D

Assalamu alaykum

I follow Hanafi madhab

And I have full respect for our brothers who follow shafi, hanbali and Maaliki madhabs.

I am hanfi.

i take my rullings mainly from hanifi but if say a shafi opinion seems strong then i'll follow the shafi opinion. i dont think we should just follow 1 and ignore the rest, all four of those scholars are exellent and i belive there ijithad was never of personal desires which modern scholars do..i,e support for currpt govt. 1 man cannot know everything

we need to look at all four of these scholars.

Edited by slave
  • Like 1

Asalamu Alaikum

La Madhabis are the ones that rise and fall don't they? Crazy people. :D

Assalamu alaykum

I follow Hanafi madhab

lolz.....hehehe........ i'm a sister :D

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

The more interesting question is whether you respect other brothers and sisters following other madhabs?

Wa'Salam.

People who follow other madhabs are NO different!

At the end of the day we are all following the same sunnah...

I follow the Hanafi madhab and i went to a masjid which is mostly Shafi (or Malik'i) Madhab, their Asr time is quite different to the Hanafi madhab but i prayed with them...

Assalamu'Alikum,

The more interesting question is whether you respect other brothers and sisters following other madhabs?

Wa'Salam.

Wa alaikum asalaam,

Good point. I've seen too many people say Madhab's are a fitnah, but they're only making it a fitnah by continously bringing out any differences.

It doesn't bother me about anyone following another madhab or not following a madhab.

May Allah :D guide us all.

Edited by mm_ca04

Assalamu alaykum

When I went for haj I prayed behind a hanbali Imam for forty five days. And I prayed Asr prayer against the hanafi time. The hanafi scholars say it is valid.

shukran

Asalamu Alaikum

La Madhabis are the ones that rise and fall don't they? Crazy people. :D

call me slow but i didnt get that...... :D at least i dont thin i did ....ne1 care to xplain wat he means.....

Asalaamoalaikum,

I do not follow any madhab. when i first started practising Islam properly, i was just told im a Hanafi muslim! i was so confused and bought much confusion.

After u'standing the 4 schools of thoughts, and that their are many more not just 4, i realised there is nothing that says i have to follow the rulings of an imaam (evn tho they are based on Quran and Sunnah), no where in Islam does it enforce this.

i take my rullings mainly from hanifi but if say a shafi opinion seems strong then i'll follow the shafi opinion. i dont think we should just follow 1 and ignore the rest, all four of those scholars are exellent and i belive there ijithad was never of personal desires which modern scholars do..i,e support for currpt govt. 1 man cannot know everything we need to look at all four of these scholars.

As brother slave said we simply take the stronger opinion from all madhabs.

I think if one blindly follows a madhab this is wrong, as these repected scholars (may Allah have mercy on them) themselves said do not follow me, do not write down everything you hear from me, for it happens that I hold one opinion today and reject it tommarow (meaning they had found authentic evidence to alter what they said.) and when i say something contradicting the Book of Allah or narrated from the Messenger sallalahoalahiwasalam then ignore me.. etc. When u'standing this, they are not to be followed but merley admired and respected as scholars of Islam (may Allah have mercy on them)

Also, if people who follow these madhabs say you must follow my madhab and yours is wrong, i do not agree with this either, as we have no authority to add conditions to this religion, if the prophet sallalahoalahiwasalam said follow a imaam/madhab then that would be different matter, but he never did, he simply told us to stick to the quran and his sunnah.

Alhamdulillah this religion is a simple and beautiful way of life, the issue on following a madhab is not part of the deen.

In Islam we do not blindly follow anyone, we only blindly follow Allah and His Messenger sallalahoalayhiwasalam.

Allahu 'Alim

Edited by sisQamar

lolz... :D ........

my answer was i don't follow a madhab.....

What is a Madhab? I don't follow one either... I don't think :D

Your muslim sis.

Asalamu Alaikum

So, say if you wanted to do something, and one madhab says it isn't allowed with a very strong narration of hadith, and the other says it is, I guess you'd follow the one that says it isn't or do you follow your desires (the one which says it is allowed) which isn't the Quraan or Sunnah like you say you follow. I'm guessing you must all be very strong Muslims and don't follow the one which says it is allowed right?

For example, say the Hanafi madhab said that you have to pray all 20 rakaat tarweeh salaah in Ramadhan and has a very strong narration of hadith saying you should, and the Shafi madhab said you could pray 8 only but with a weak narration of hadith, I'm guessing you would pray all 20 right since the narration of the hadith is stronger? Or do you like follow your heart and say 'oh crap, I can't be bothered with all 20. Imam Shafi says 8 is ok, so I'll just pray 8.' In a way, isn't that like pick and mix Islam? Should you really do that? Like follow your desires in deeds?

Am I just confused? :D Ok, may Allah help all la madhabis understand. I'm out of here.

What is a Madhab? I don't follow one either... I don't think

my dear sister in Islam read the following link, it will explain the status on following a madhab, with the sayings of the imaams regarding following the sunnah and ignoring their views contradictory to it

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/pillars/prayer/albaani/prayer_5.html#HEADING4"]The Prophets Prayer Described[/url]

One of my favourite sayings by Imaam Shaafi (may Allah have mercy on him):

"When a hadeeth is found to be saheeh, then that is my madhhab."

Also by Imaam Hanbal (may Allah have mercy on him):

"Do not follow my opinion; neither follow the opinion of Maalik, nor Shaafi'i, nor Awzaa'i, nor Thawri, but take from where they took."

In one narration:

"Do not copy your Deen from anyone of these, but whatever comes from the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and his Companions, take it; next are their Successors, where a man has a choice."

Allah HU AKBAR

Edited by sisQamar

Guest amani
Asalamu Alaikum

So, say if you wanted to do something, and one madhab says it isn't allowed with a very strong narration of hadith, and the other says it is, I guess you'd follow the one that says it isn't or do you follow your desires (the one which says it is allowed) which isn't the Quraan or Sunnah like you say you follow.

correctfully one should follow the stronger hadith...according to the understanding of the salafus saleh..not interpret it themselves.. there may be some people who pick and choose but that is not what *la madhabis* do

as for your example... the stronger hadith should be chosen.

When I went for haj I prayed behind a hanbali Imam for forty five days. And I prayed Asr prayer against the hanafi time. The hanafi scholars say it is valid.

when was this :D and whereabouts? :D

and as UB pointed out..we should respect each other, as, after all we are one ummah :D