1. 1. Which Madhab do you follow?

• Hanafi
    • Shafi'i
    • Malik'i
    • Hanbali
    • I dont follow a Madhab
    • All of them
    • What is a Madhab?

No You are not following the Rasool Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã you are actually Blind following modern day scholars who tell you dont blind follow madhabs .

PropellerAds

Wa aleykum assalam brothers and sisters,

I don't follow any madhab, I think none of them is perfect. :sl: I follow Quran, and Sunna. It is my madhab, of course I always checked if I don't understand something.

They are more perfect then Following ones desires sister , they are almost perfect for the Simple fact non of them contradict the Quran or sunnah .

But in order for you to follow the Quran and Sunnah directly , you must have Knowedge on the Arabic language , the Science of Hadeeth , and knowledge on Shariah .

How many Normal Muslims can meet that criteria ? I doubt you or me fit that .

Dear brother in Islam,

Yes, they are almost perfect. But not perfect in all cases. For example in one madhab for women is better wear hijab while she reading Quran, in other isn't said anything about that. Where is the truth? Could truth have many options?

Of course these madhabs have more knowledge than me, but blind following could be bad, then you even don't know believe in weak or strong hadith. Even Islam teachers say that it is not compulsory to follow madhab, and we have fatwa about this.

:sl:

You have Fatwas from modern day scholars who are laa Mathabis themselves sister , in fact thats the only thing you have.

But notice you could not answer me on what i have said on the conditions to perform your own deducing and Ijtihad , Blind following a madhab is much easier and more feasible for a layman to do than to start learning in depth Hadith science amd Classical Quran Arabic , which i am sure most of us dont have time for to start with.

Throughout history of Islam Sunni scholars and laymen followed madhabs , its only modern day scholars who are salafis that say dont blind follow and they are not the Majority.

Dear brother,

You also not answered to my question. Maybe one day I will choose madhab, but for now I don't feel any need for that. Of course you won't understand me in this question, so our discusion haven't any value.

Your question shows you need to learn the basic teachings of Madhabs , if you think they contradict each other then you are wrong and need to study exactly whay a Madhab is.

In a Nutshell its and explanation fo the Quran and Sunnah made easier for the layman , and it differed as per geographical location thats why you have different madhabs concentrated in different parts of the Islamic world .

No Madhab contradicts Quran and sunnah all of them have daleel and all are correct. we can go into more detail if you like.

Dear brother,

I know this information already. So if people from non Islamic country, how should they choose madhab? Of course they are righ, but it is really not easy desicion.

Wa aleykum assalam brothers and sisters,

I don't follow any madhab, I think none of them is perfect. :sl: I follow Quran, and Sunna. It is my madhab, of course I always checked if I don't understand something.

Asalaamu Alaikum, sister madhabs do come from the Qur'an and Sunnah they do not come from the desires of others. All four madhabs are going in the right direction but take slightly differing directions along the right path. All agree on fundamentals but differ on Fiqh which is actually a blessing to this ummah. If there were no madhabs then there would probably be 1000 different groups so madhabs are a blessing.

We follow one madhab just so that we don't fall into the trap of following our desires. Please do not fall into the trap of i follow Qur'an and Sunnah and not a madhab as this is a clear fallacy. All madhabs ONLY follow Qur'an and Sunnah and are all correct by which scholars of the past 1400 years have also stated the same about them. There will never be another like the four imams and their madhabs are timeless and are still being developed so they are also dynamic and will be relevant until the end of time.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Dear brother,

I know this information already. So if people from non Islamic country, how should they choose madhab? Of course they are righ, but it is really not easy desicion.

A person chooses their madhab after studying and from there establishing which madhab they are inclined towards. A person should also choose their madhab based on the fact that they are able to get sufficient resources on the particular madhab and scholars bu which they can get the answer to any fiqhi questions.

I was wondering something about madhabs.

I follow the Shafi'i madhab, but i practice some things in the Hanafi madhab. I was wondering if this is allowed because I heard you have to stick to only one madhab.

Do you guys know anything concerning this?

Asalaamu Alaikum, The answer to your question:

Sticking to One School

It is not religiously binding on the Muslim to stick to one school on all matters, without exception, as both al-Tahtawi and Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on them), the two leading late authorities for fatwa in the Hanafi school, both explain. Rather, there is nothing wrong with taking a dispensation if there is a need; what is impermissible is to make it a habit to seek out dispensations [i.e. even if there is no hardship or need].

The Path of Taqwa

The path of taqwa, as the scholars explain, is to avoid taking dispensations unless there is genuine hardship in following one's own school. In fact, they say that those who have learned their own school should seek out the strictest positions from other school whenever reasonably possible, so that one's worship and practice is sound without argument.

So my sister it is permitted to follow another madhhab when there is need, on condition of following the other madhhab's conditions and integrals properly but it isn't permitted to make it a habit to seek out dispensations (without need or benefit), because this is contrary to one's duty of submission.

The position of both Hanafis and Shafiis in the Arab world is that while it is best, most precautious, and most conducive to piety to follow one's own madhhab without exception, it is not obligatory to follow one madhhab in all one's affairs.

As such, one can take dispensations from other madhhabs when:

a) one does not make it a habit;

b) one does so properly and soundly.

Taken from Sunnipath

to tell the truth i used to be shaafi'ee madhhabi....but now after know what he had said i would say that i follow shaafi'ee madhhab...he had said not to follow him...but to follow tasul :sl: sunnah..and if we find him contrdicting with sahih hadhith,then follow the hadhith and leave what he had said.

when looked further, i was surprised to find out all the four shcolars had said the same

That is true sister Bint Ali , But if we examine the Madhabs we find not contradictions to the sunnah , and we see all the scholars of the salaf and early khalaf to late khalaf chose and followed a single madhab and also the laymen and thats what kept the Ummah strong from a religious point of view.

But those who spread " dont blind follow a madhab" came in these modern times and that made us weak as Muslims and if we look closer to those who say dont blind follow we find out that they are actually following the Hanbali madhab .

But you are not saying that all the scholars followed a madhab blindly do you? You are not saying that ibn taymiyah followed just one madhab for every single fatwa, without seeing what the other ones said right?

They had Knowledge about all Madhabs thats why they were scholars and Great ones i may add , but in Fiqh they Followed only one.

IF they Jumped from one verdict to another inter Madhabs they viewed that as Talfeeq

Talfeeq is an Arabic word which means joining or combining.

In Islamic jurisprudence Talfeeq refers to the process of mixing opinions selected from different Imaams Madhabs so as to compose a new juristic decision which is approved by none in any of the four Madhabs.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_pedia.muftisays(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?title=Talfeeq"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_pedia.muftisays(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?title=Talfeeq[/url]

Yeah 56 People who follow their own minds and can easily be misled by desires Allahul Musta'an .

I wonder how you did not fear Allah before making such a statement, brother al faqeer.

Dear brother in Islam,

Yes, they are almost perfect. But not perfect in all cases. For example in one madhab for women is better wear hijab while she reading Quran, in other isn't said anything about that. Where is the truth? Could truth have many options?

Of course these madhabs have more knowledge than me, but blind following could be bad, then you even don't know believe in weak or strong hadith. Even Islam teachers say that it is not compulsory to follow madhab, and we have fatwa about this.

I like this post by sister Aylin. Blind following can never be good. And you are exactly right sister Aylin, that it is not compulsory to follow a madhab. Allah swt guides who He wills.

Blind following is what the layman does , if you think the layman can follow his own ijtihad prove it please .

Give us the conditions of Ijtihad b4 you explain though.

I wonder how you did not fear Allah before making such a statement, brother al faqeer.
h

Laa madhabis have appeared in the last 40 years or so claiming we should not follow madhabs blindly they are the main problem why Muslims are so weak these days , so i second my statement.

Respected brother al faqeer, you said this:

Yeah 56 People who follow their own minds and can easily be misled by desires Allahul Musta'an .

This is with reference to 56 people who have voted for not following any madhab. You're saying that these 56 people follow their own minds and that such people can be easily misled by desires.

As if you never follow your own mind or as if you are not easily misled by your desires.

Then you say,

Laa madhabis have appeared in the last 40 years or so claiming we should not follow madhabs blindly they are the main problem why Muslims are so weak these days , so i second my statement.

You can second your statement all you like but that still does not pardon the fact that you call other Muslims weak. Who is weak and who is not, let Allah be the judge of that. One thing is certain. A person who calls others weak is one who considers himself to be stronger or greater. Isn't that so, brother? And we all know what Allah does to those who think of themselves as greater.

Allah SWT is the best judge , but there is a reason for everything isnt there ?

and the reason this Ummah has become this weak is because they gave up their core basics one of them being not following the Madhaahib and resorting to own ijtihad which in the first place is not possible to be done by any layman.

I didn't know what madhab was until now. I did often see things like Hanafi school of thought but didn't understand what it meant. I am still learning a lot of things as a Muslim.

Can anyone explain to me if as Muslims we all follow same quran and sunnah, why there is a need for these madhabs?

Do they all have same views?

Is it necessary to belong to a madhab? Why/why not?

Most importantly, are there references from quran/hadith about madhabs?

Assalam alaikum:

As regards the four Fiqh schools, they are all great. Many scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them, through many centuries have successively revised their texts. So whoever wants to seek deeper religious knowledge has to study one of these four outstanding schools: the Hanafi, Maaliki, Shaafi'ee and Hanbali schools. Indeed, whoever studies one of these four schools gets two kinds of excellences:

A. To acquire and strengthen the faculty of deducing.

B. To have deeper knowledge in the field of the branches of Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence).

The above two qualities could not be achieved otherwise. Experience shows that seeking knowledge without these four schools makes the student of knowledge distracted and confused, and weakens his ability to acquire knowledge. It is not possible to say that one school is better than the other because each school excels more than the other in a given domain.

So the student of knowledge should not follow a given school blindly but should take from each school what is founded on evidence. The well-known scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them, acted according to the evidence no matter in which school it was found [whether in their preferred school or in another school] like the Imaams Abu Yoosuf, Mohammad Ibn Al-Hasan, Ibn Wahab, Ibn Habeeb, Al-Muzani, An-Nawawi, Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Katheer, Ath-Thahabi and others.

Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: 'If a man follows the school of Abu Haneefah, or Maalik, or Ash-Shaafi'ee, or Ahmad, may Allaah have mercy on them, and noticed in some issues that the evidence of the other school is much stronger and followed it, he has indeed done well and did not defame his religion at all but rather this is much closer to the truth and more beloved to Allaah and His Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, than someone who follows blindly a particular man other than the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.'

Allaah knows best.

( Islamweb )

Thank you absolute you answered my first two questions. I do think everyone should improve their knowledge by studying Islam to gain an understanding. But can you answer my other two questions or if anyone else can ? This is a new aspect of Islam for me so I want to know all information possible.

Is it necessary to belong to a madhab? Why/why not?

Most importantly, are there references from quran/hadith about madhabs?

There are 13 Mazhab :

1 . Of Al Imam Az Zuhri : Mazhab Salaf .

2 . Of Al Imam Al Ahmad Ibn Hanbal RA : Mazhab Ahmad .

3 . Of Al Imam Al Ibn Abi Al 'Izz Ibn Abdus Salaam RA : His Mazhab .

4 . Of Al Imam Al Ahnaf Ibn Qais RA : His Mazhab .

5 . Of Al Imam Al Ibn Hazm RA : Mazhab Azh Zhahiri .

6 . Of Al Imam Al Abu Hanifah RA : Mazhab Hanafi .

7 . Of Al Imam Al Malik Ibn Anas RA : Mazhab Malik .

8 . Of Al Imam Al Ishaq Ibn Mukhallad Al Marwazi RA : Mazhab Ishaq .

9 . Of Al Imam Al Rafi' Ibn Allahij RA : His Mazhab .

10 . Of Al Imam Al Auza'i RA : Mazhab Al Auza'i .

11 . Of Al Imam Al Laits Ibn Sa'ad RA : Mazhab Al Laits .

12 . Of Al Imam Sufyan Ats Tsauri RA : His Mazhab .

13 . Of Al Imam Muhammad Ibn 'Idriis Asy Syaafi'i : Mazhab Asy Syaafi'i .

Which one do you choose to follow ?

I choose Mazhab Tsalafiyyah : of Al Imam Az Zuhri RA .

Thank Thee Very Much .

There are 13 Mazhab : 1 . Of Al Imam Az Zuhri : Mazhab Salaf . 2 . Of Al Imam Al Ahmad Ibn Hanbal RA : Mazhab Ahmad . 3 . Of Al Imam Al Ibn Abi Al 'Izz Ibn Abdus Salaam RA : His Mazhab . 4 . Of Al Imam Al Ahnaf Ibn Qais RA : His Mazhab . 5 . Of Al Imam Al Ibn Hazm RA : Mazhab Azh Zhahiri . 6 . Of Al Imam Al Abu Hanifah RA : Mazhab Hanafi . 7 . Of Al Imam Al Malik Ibn Anas RA : Mazhab Malik . 8 . Of Al Imam Al Ishaq Ibn Mukhallad Al Marwazi RA : Mazhab Ishaq . 9 . Of Al Imam Al Rafi': His Mazhab . 10 . Of Al Imam Al Auza'i RA : Mazhab Al Auza'i . 11 . Of Al Imam Al Laits Ibn Sa'ad RA : Mazhab Al Laits . 12 . Of Al Imam Sufyan Ats Tsauri RA : His Mazhab . 13 . Of Al Imam Muhammad Ibn 'Idriis Asy Syaafi'i : Mazhab Asy Syaafi'i . Which one do you choose to follow ? I choose Mazhab Tsalafiyyah : of Al Imam Az Zuhri RA . Thank Thee Very Much .

Mazhab Tsalafiyyah is not all Mazhab . But all Al Imam from all Al Mazhab is at Mazhab Tsalafiyyah .

Thank Thee Very Much .

Edited by Zruce Lee