• Hanafi
    • Shafi'i
    • Malik'i
    • Hanbali
    • I dont follow a Madhab
    • All of them
    • What is a Madhab?

:D

No particular madhabd but if someone can follow a particular madhab it's good for them. I grew up in Saudi whr hanafi is not really prevalent but here in US i attend a hanafi Masjid which quite close to my home.

No matter whom u follow respect all of em. Sometimes there issues which a certain madhab has not covered, may then u can go look in the other madhab orf Imam for answers.

I was talking to the Imam of my Masjid (hanafi) & he said all 4 Imams were knowledgable but each had a different area of expertice. I can't recall waht was each Imam's area.. anyone knows?

PropellerAds

Assalamualaikum

Hanafi madhab...and no disrespect to others :D

For all those who have said they dont follow a madhab or dont know what it is i would advise them to read the following:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=8407&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=8407&hl=[/url]

Good job bro :D I was going to post the same link :D I'm still learning about each and trying to determine which to follow... as far as general guidelines although, insha'Allah, if I have serious concerns it can be reconciled amongst the four.

AS

Wow majority are Hanafis here... I'm one of the 3 (!) Shafi's

yeh quite a lot of hanafi followers alhamdulillah i am a follower of the hanafi madhab

There are a lot of Asians here, and they're usually Hanafi, so that explains how come there are soo many Hanafi's. :D

for some us atleast me it would b quite difficult to follow one madhab.. the reason being my dad's hanafi. mom's shafi, the area i grew up in hambali. now if one only imagine if i can follow 1 madhab. As all of em correct I follow what learnt as i grew up.

for some us atleast me it would b quite difficult to follow one madhab.. the reason being my dad's hanafi. mom's shafi, the area i grew up in hambali. now if one only imagine if i can follow 1 madhab. As all of em correct I follow what learnt as i grew up.

Asalahmo Alaikum, Deoband here

i follow the hanafi madhab...we should all respect each other's madhabs because they r all correct :D

Asalahmo Alaikum, Deoband here

Same as Hanafi isn't it?

^ yup :D

Deobandi = Hanafi !

I picked Hanafi :D

i take my rullings mainly from hanifi but if say a shafi opinion seems strong then i'll follow the shafi opinion. i dont think we should just follow 1 and ignore the rest, all four of those scholars are exellent and i belive there ijithad was never of personal desires which modern scholars do..i,e support for currpt govt. 1 man cannot know everything

we need to look at all four of these scholars.

I agree with bro slave. I have same mentality when it comes to these Scholars. :D

Eliza

Aslaam Alaykum

Wow a lot of Hanafi's here :D i follow the Hanbali madhab

I follow Hanafi Madh-hab but I am also learning basic Shafii InshAllah.

Br. Islamic Muslim, If you ask a muslim business man who runs a factory of juice that whether the enzymes he is using in his grape juice are permitted in Islam or not? What do you think he will do? If at the spur of the moment he can manage to give references to Ahadith that help him make Ijtihad, then he may be right but if he mentions a statement of an Alim he accepts, then he is following the madh-hab of that particular Alim in that particular Massala atleast. Simply put , that is a course of a layman.

How the Alim deduces his answers from different Quranic Injunctions, and Ahadiths and opinions is what the Madhhab is. Since not everyone is able to do that, they rely on the scholars to do it for them.

Everyone in Maliki Hanbali Hanafi Shafii are muslim.. no one says they are Hanafi and not muslim. Islam is the top most Umbrella and these madhahib are simply the methodoligies used to understand the Quran and Sunnah all in thier authenticities.

All four madhabs n I take what-ever the agreed upon, and whatever doesn’t concern me I leave it ==== >

I ticked the four madhab slot, because i am a Muslim. I am not a Hanafi, Hanbali, Shafii, or Maleki. I consider all of them to be correct, in their own analyses. They were all sincere scholars, who devoted their lives to interpret the deen on the basis of their criteria of analyses, for the main purpose of making it simpler for us.

In case of difference, I choose what appeals to me on the basis of dalail, and my humble understanding. I may be wrong at times (many times possibly) but Allah :D knows that my intentions are sincere. I do not choose what seems easier. At times, I choose the difficult opinion.

One simple point to remember is that the four Imams, and their students never professed that they were correct and others wrong. They respected each other's opinion, and even went to the extent of not antagonising the other. The incident where some students went to the cityu of another Imam, and were instructed to follow the yadain practice of the other. In that city, the students were told to follow the practice of the guests so that they may not feel uncomfortable. Result is obvious. :D

Wassalam

:D laa madhhabis are all around the world today and they appeared in the past

30 years , as for the salaf and most muslim scholars you will find all of them followed madhabs , even Shiekh Al Islam Ibn Taymiyya was a Hanbali .

Shukran

Shaikh Al Islam ibn Taymiyah followed Hanbali, to the exclusion of the other three! Are you sure?

I have a brother on another Forum who said, and I quote:

Madhabs is not for salafis as they follow The Madhab of ibn taymiyya and Al Bani .

That confuses me. Can you go to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/all-replies.asp?id=589489&ct=1&mn=589489"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/all-replies.asp?id=589489&ct=1&mn=589489[/url] and read a post dated 20 July by him.

Which one is correct. That he was a Hanbali, or that he was a salafi and had his own madhab like Al Bani.:D

Wassalam

Akhi Ibn Taymiyya was a hanbali pls read

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimphilosophy(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ip/rep/H039.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimphilosophy(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ip/rep/H039.htm[/url] .

As-salaamu ‘alaikum

Yes, he was a Hanbali, this is why many of the Ash'aree dislike him – However, whoever obtains his books and reads them and studies them earnestly and he is knowledgeable about the different sayings or opinions related to issues of fiqh, then he would see that Shaykh-ul-Islaam was Mujtahid Mutlaq (one absolutely capable of deriving rulings after thorough research), despite the fact that he was associated with (Muntasib) with the Hanbalee Madhhab. So he would offer as the strongest opinion, that which was in accordance with the daleel (proofs and evidences), even if it was from the statements of Imaam’s of other Madhhab’s such as the Maalikee, Shaafi‘ee and Hanafi Madhhab’s.

Shaykh-ul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah said:

“He who sticks to a particular madhhab, and then acts in opposition to it - without making Taqleed of another scholar who has given him a ruling, nor does he use an evidence as a proof which necessitates acting in opposition to his Madhhab, nor does he have an acceptable Sharee’ah excuse which allows him to do what he has done - then such a person is a follower of his desires, doing what is Haraam - without a Sharee’ah excuse - and this is evil and sinful.

However, if there becomes clear to him, something which necessitates preference to one saying to another - either due to detailed proofs if he knows and understands them, or because he holds one of two people to be more knowledgeable about this matter and having more piety with regards to what he says - and so he leaves the saying of that one for the saying of the other one, then this is permissible, rather, it is obligatory. And there is a text from Imaam Ahmad about this.â€

Shaykh-ul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah said in ‘Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa’ (3/346-347)):

“It has been established in the Book, the Sunnah and the consensus that Allaah the Most Perfect obligated upon the creation obedience to Him, and obedience to His Messenger (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

It is not obligatory upon this Ummah to obey any one specific person in all that he may command and prohibit, except the Messenger (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam); to the extent that the most truthful of this Ummah and the most virtuous after its Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), i.e. Aboo Bakr (radee Allaahu 'anhu) said:

‘Obey me in what is obedience to Allaah. But if I disobey Allaah, then there is no obedience to me upon you.’ (Related by al-Haafidh ibn Katheer in as-Seeratun-Nabawiyyah, 4/439, where he said: ‘Its chain of narration is authentic.’)

They are all agreed that there is no single person who is infallible in all that he may order or prohibit, except for Allaah’s Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

That is why more than one of the scholars have said: ‘Every person’s saying can be taken or left, except for Allaah’s Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).’ (This is derived from a statement by Imaam Maalik, it was related by Imaam ibn ‘Abdul-Haadee in Irshaad-us-Saalik, 1/227, Imaam ibn ’Abdul-Barr in Jaami’ Bayaan-ul-’Ilm, 2/91, and Imaam ibn Hazm in Usoolul-Ahkaam, 6/145, 179)

And the four Imaam’s, may Allaah be pleased with them, all forbade the people from blindly following them in all that they may say; and this was an obligation upon them (to do).â€

Shaykh-ul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah said in ‘Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa’ (20/208-209):

“When a Muslim is faced with a new or unusual occurrence, then he seeks a verdict from whomsoever he believes can give him a verdict in accordance with what Allaah and His Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) have prescribed; whatever Madhhab he may be from. It is not obligatory upon any of the Muslims to make Taqleed of all the views of any one particular individual from the scholars. Neither is it obligatory upon any of the Muslims to cling to the Madhhab of a specific individual, in all that obligates or informs, except for that of the Messenger (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

Rather, each person's saying can be taken or left, except for that of the Messenger (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). Following a particular madhhab of a particular individual, due to an inability of knowing what is prescribed as Law, from other than this angle, is from that which is permitted to him. It is not something that is obligatory upon every person, if they have the ability to know what is prescribed without taking this path (of Taqleed).

Rather, it is upon each person to fear Allaah as much as he is able and to seek knowledge of what Allaah and His Messenger (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) have commanded; doing what has been ordered and keeping away from what has been prohibited. And Allaah knows best.â€

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan