Islamic Forum
Citizen X

Pita chips

:D

I ate these pita chips before, and got an idea this morning at work on how to possibly make my own. I wanted to get your feedback to see if it would actually work. Anyway, here's my idea...

Brush 1 piece of pocket pita bread lightly with olive oil on both sides. Then break pita bread into small pieces (not too small). Place them onto a baking sheet so that the outer part of the pita bread is facing down and the inner part of the bread is facing up.

Next prepare the flavoring. In a small container, use a spoon to mix together a bit of salt, some pepper, and some grated cheese (such as Parmesan). Instead of using salt and pepper, you can use some other herbs such as basil or oregano, and mix that with the grated cheese.

Then use the spoon to spread a thin layer of flavoring on each “pita chip.†Finally, bake in oven until crisp, but not blackened.

I have no idea how long and what temperature to bake it at.

So what do you think? Would this just be a charred mess? :D

Edited by insurrection

PropellerAds

Sounds alright to me, although I'd maybe grill rather than bake. Maybe it would be better to use the whole pitta bread and cut up into chips after?

Nice idea though. :D

I think it would be better to break it into pieces beforehand because after baking it would be too hard.

Also, I forgot to mention that these "pita chips" would be basically meant as crunchy snacks, but could also be dipped into hummus or some other dip. :D

It's like cheese on toast, innit. Luverly.

:D bro

No you're not crazy! Experimenting is the way you get better in the kitchen you know! And you're idea sounded really tasty!!! Something different.

Insha'Allah it works out well for you.

Yeah use the grill instead of oven!

Your Muslim sis.

I made pita chips using the following recipe I came up with:

First I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F. On a baking sheet, I took 1 piece of pocket pita bread and brushed it with Palestinian olive oil on both sides. Then I cut the bread into 8 triangles. I flipped the 8 triangles over because the underside of the bread is curved in (like the inside of a dome), so it was more suitable for holding flavorings. In a small container, I mixed together some basil, parsley, salt, ground black pepper, and a dash of grated Parmesan cheese. Then I baked this in the preheated oven for 14 minutes.

Overall, they turned out decent. However, I would like to make 2 "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ibplanet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]modifications[/url] to the above recipe. First, don’t use any salt. The salt flavor is too strong. Second, you can bake it for 13 minutes in a preheated oven and it will have the right amount of crispness to it. Fourteen minutes was okay, though.

that sounds really good, impressive

how did you come up with this idea?

Overall, they turned out decent. However, I would like to make 2 modifications to the above recipe. First, don’t use any salt. The salt flavor is too strong.

Its the parmesan cheese which has a salty flavour, thus you don't need to add anymore salt. :D

Your Muslim sis.

okaaaaaaaaaaay?!?!?!??!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........I think I'll stick with my potatoe chips!!! :D