Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seven

Advice To Moderators

Asalamu Alaikum

Ok Dot workers, here's some advice if you already didn't know.

Now, when you warn someone over a post, you send them a PM with a link to fault. In my case, I've always been shown to the post page. That then leaves me to search for the post (if there's more than one that I posted) in the thread which was at fault.

Now, here's where the advice steps it. Did you know that you can send a link in the PM direct to the post that that certain user made that was at fault? No? Ok, here's how.

1. Load the forum topic in which the post lies.

2. Find the post.

3. Now, rather than sending a link of the topic page, if you follow the line along the top of members post, (D-ZiNeR ... Date/Time ... Post #) you'll see on the right hand side a little number. Click on that and you'll be given a link direct to the post. Gedaan!

Now, if you knew that already, alhamdulillah. If you didn't, alhamdulillah you now do. I don't want to be seen as rude or anything, but just to make your jobs easier Mr/Mrs/Miss moderators.

A few times I've had to send a PM back asking 'where exactly' I broke the rules since I had 2-3 posts on a page and I think the moderator saw me as being cheeky when I wasn't.

Of course, this could also be great for other members too. You can now send links to your friends directly to that certain post without having to navigate them to it.

PropellerAds

:D

Yeah, this has been pointed out.........

thanks bro, but mods already know that.

If you were sent a link to a topic, not to your specific post, it helps to let me know who sent it, so that I revise it with that mod.

Asalamu Alaikum

Ok, ok Dot. Well I have spent some time away from the forum so I guess I missed out.

You ought to just delete this topic then. :D