do you like it?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. do you like it?

• Yes
    • Makes no difference
    • No

PropellerAds

As Salaam Alaikum,

I dislike it alot. I mean it's helpful but it's really annoying to hear my webpage reloading. Also it seems to mess me up when I post things.

Like I may click "Add Reply" but then the adding process stops. Like the webpage doesn't change or anything, but you know you clicked it because the "add reply" button is now gray and no longer clickable. It's because I guess the "Latest Posts" thing would like to reload, so it interacts and messes it all up. So I have to copy my post, and then refresh the page again, paste what I said and do it all over again. This happened to me more than several times.

Is there anyway I can remove this?

(also trying to post this, it did it again!!!)

salaam

Edited by DemaChanRas

:D

I've experienced no problems at all.

I approve!lol!! Masha'Allah amu dot, keep up the good work!

sister DemaChanRas, I think you're using IE browser.

To end all these problems you're having, switch to Firefox.

There will be no more clicking sound everytime a page reloads, and no more losing of the text you type. Its IF's friendly browser. Besides, its way much better than IE.

Guest amani

i have IE but am having no problems Alhumdulillah :D

I'm glad that you liked our 'latest posts' new box. It helps in guiding you where the action is, and so increase reply speed and overall forum activity.

I'm now considering to improve it a little. Would you like to see it categorized? I mean: a section for Islamic posts, another for general posts, and a third for latest news. Currently, the topic titles don't always tell if the discusion is Islamic -related or general issue, so by categorizing, you'll be better informed.

What do you think?

Speaking of topics, I would like to repeat this plea again:

Please members:

do us all a favor and compose your topic titles carefully, use as much words to explain what its about, as you can. There are many topics which are titled with only ONE word! that is not helping. Please spend a little bit more time when you type your next topic title :D

Putting topics in the categories was a good idea.

I am thinking that should there be more posts in one category. Currently four latest posts show in each category. Should this number be more than four. Maybe six or eight. I dont know.

Asalamu Alaikum

It's looking better now.

How about allowing a skin without the new feature on for those who don't want it? I know of a forum where you can customise the features that show. Don't know whether IPB would allow that though.

:D wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Great stuff amu dot! :D

I am thinking that should there be more posts in one category. Currently four latest posts show in each category. Should this number be more than four. Maybe six or eight. I dont know.

I think it's fine how it is .. :D otherwise I think it will get a bit cramped..

Just my opinion.. :D

its possible to make it show 10, 20, 100...whatever we want.

but then it would resemble the forum index itself :D

the idea is to get your attention to the headlines, the in depth can be reached from the forum main page as usual.

also the more we make it fetch posts, the maore time it could take, and resources too.

I've tested it several times also to make sure it all show in the browser window without havig to scroll up or down, for more convenience.

bro DZ, good idea. Yes, we can have latest posts-free skin, some some members asked for that.. I promise to do it if the 'no' percentage in this poll reached 20%

Let's wait and see if there is a demand for such skin (it will be a replica of IPB for members)

I like it even more now, that its categorized :D

Please members:

do us all a favor and compose your topic titles carefully, use as much words to explain what its about, as you can. There are many topics which are titled with only ONE word! that is not helping. Please spend a little bit more time when you type your next topic title :D

i,ve realised how important this is to get new members, cos a new member joined becuase of the long descreptive title i made in study room, and now its the first link on "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] search!

:D amu dot

Yes, you are right. 4 posts in one category is sufficient.

As Salaam Alaikum,

dot I'm back to give you my analysis on Fire Fox and the latest post thingy. lol lol.

It work great with FireFox. And i'm starting to use FireFox now for everything becuase it' seems faster han IE. But who knows.

Anyway thanks for telling me to use FF.

salaam

Edited by Al Faqeer

The latest posts function isn't working for me...

Stopped working as well for me.