Islamic Forum
al faqeer

People of The Book" & The Muslims

What's that?

Acts 9:13ff But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he did to Your saints at Jerusalem;

14. and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."

15. But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of israel;

16. for I will show him how much he must suffer for My name's sake."

ýÃÇÌÇÈ ÃäÇäíÇ íÇ ÑÈ Þà ÓãÚÊ ãä ßËíÑíä Úä Ã¥ÃÇ ÇáÑÌá ßã ãä ÇáÔÑæÑ ÃÚá ÈÞÃíÓíß Ãí ÇæÑÔáíãý. .13

ýæååäÇ áå ÓáØÇä ãä ÞÈá ÑÄÓÇà ÇáßåäÉ Çä íæËÞ ÌãíÚ ÇáÃíä íÃÚæä ÈÇÓãßý. .14

ýÃÞÇá áå ÇáÑÈ ÇÃåÈ. áÇä Ã¥ÃÇ áí ÇäÇà ãÎÊÇÑ áíÃãá ÇÓãí ÇãÇã Çãã æãáæß æÈäí ÇÓÑÇÆíáý. .15

ýáÇäí ÓÃÑíå ßã íäÈÛí Çä íÊÃáã ãä ÇÌá ÇÓãíý. .16

You uttered a blaspemy against a messenger chosen by our Lord. You don't know what You were doing, may God forgive You.

So Ananias spoke to Lord to get approval for something that Jesus or God had not given ANY hint, authority, permission or prophecy (or anything like that) about. Just as in case of Paul.

You know, there is lots of people who claim that God has spoken to them, without ANY evidence (we muslims have Koran).

Why did not Jesus bother to mention about persons who are MAIN FOUNDERS and philosophers of modern church in its current form?

As much as we know, Paul (persecuting/hating christianity as a Jew, who noticed that christians just fled and spreaded their religion wider because of persecutions) could have sent Ananias ahead of him to "confirm" his healing from "blindness", according to acts Ananias were "new christian", how well it does fit into picture indeed...

Why would have god chosen Ananias or Paul for these tasks? Why not Peter for example, or any other discipline CHOSEN BY JESUS HIMSELF?

Why would/could you put your trust into salvation for "revelations" of common man, even killer of christians, who claim that they have received message from God (or Jesus)?

And more importantly, why does your God play games with Muslims, forcing them to believe into something that has not been ordered to be believed by God or any prophet?

If you go along that road, all christians should be mormons, Joseph Smith ALSO claimed that he had revelation. Why would it be less important than one with Paul/Ananias?

Don´t you get it? That "suffering for my name" was expected, but cheap price for saving Judaism. Judaism was no longer in danger as christianity departed from it into prophet-worshipping (that happened when Jesus was introduced to non-Jewish Greek people, and when they came majority after destruction of Jerusalem/Palestine by Romans), after that no Jew would take it seriously. Christianity could not be destroyed from outside, but from inside.

Paul had all motives for it, as he demonstrated earlier, and even Jesus said that not single one of those who kill even one of his followers would be among righteous people.

PropellerAds
This following true story will explain the above quoted parable of Jesus:

A young backslidden hurting woman came to her mother with this;

"Mom, I know I did wrong in leaving my husband, and leaving my sons also.

I have not been obedient to Jesus and have messed up my life.

I am so sorry to God.

But, as I sat on your couch very sad, Jesus touched me and I started crying.

I am so happy now because He reminded me of his parable of the landowner

who hired workers to work in his vineyard.

He told me that even though I have come in to work for him at late in the day

instead of in the morning, he said I will get paid the same wage as those who have been working all day.

His workers who did not leave their spouses or mess up their lives as I did,

but they have borne the burden and heat of the day.

The faithful workers cannot compalin because Jesus promises all of us eternal life...

the same wage will be paid to those who started early and for those who came in late like me.

Her life was blessed greatly by God nad she is doiong better thane ver.

When she cried to Jesus he reminded her of his parable and she understood that it was

not too late to start doing what is right before God.

This is Christianity's understanding of Jesus' parable of the Landowner, the Landowner is Jesus.

And may I ask WHERE did you get this one???? I could just as well invent ANYTHING from my head about Jesus, like that when he asked to turn other cheek, he asked to turn cheek of that man hitting you :-) . There is just no reasoning to support that.

Was this something that Jesus or God said? No.

This has NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER into ANY scriptures (Bible or Koran), and there is no basics even to interpretate these parallels in this way even by any reasoning.

And if Jesus was "Landowner" in Matt.20:1-16, who was "foreman" in it, and who was "Gardener" ("taking care of the wine yard") in similar parallel of Luke 13?

:sl:

to my brothers muslims and non-muslims please take your time and read.

after acknowledging to a great argument with my friend for about a year now i noticed that they believe it and when beleiving something its hard to change their part when they know and they have it , i tried many ways when i talk about Islam i make them observe into Islam and forget abit about christianity but after a while hes back as a christian FIRM! , the only solution for them which gives them a proof and to make them understand is like Sheikh Yusuf said , let their heart seek the truth , and the only way which Sheikh yusuf tried and many other nonmuslims is that at night before they sleep dont pray * oh Jesus (pbuh) but pray this prayer and say ( Oh GOd the one and Only , you can say Allah if you want , and yes its better ,, but the intention must be from the heart and when it talks to the Almighty GOD thats when the persons communication becomes very very diffrent its to do with faith communication .. you pray and ask GOD this ,.. Show me the right path .. and inshallah when you sleep inshallah and inshallah you will see a dream a sign...

this will be authentic for the people , however

the heart should be scincere and which wants the here after , and removes hes ego before asking the question .. btw Allah knows what you will choose later or now and knows that if a sign comes what you will do either deny or not . . . . . .

Allah (SWT) will give (hdaya) for the people if they actually wants it .

an important tip brothers christians before you pray please

release your self from shaytans surroundings by saying this word before you pray ( a otho bil Allah min al shaytan alrajeem )

brothers please translate what i wrote in the brackets from my brothers and sisters and please brothers say the words in the brackets before praying so the satan doesnt control you and have your heart blocked in not in a sincere manner....

thank you very much for taking your time and Allah rewards you with the best of Health and happiness through out your life Ameen.

Edited by alsheeba

I can understand that it is important for you to convert Christians, but why is it important for Christians to convert? Even if Islam is true, surely Allah would not punish people simply because they were not convinced by your arguments? If anything Allah should praise people who refuse to convert if they are not totaly convinced. And if they aren't totally convinced, that's the fault of the people trying to convert them.

I can understand that it is important for you to convert Christians, but why is it important for Christians to convert? Even if Islam is true, surely Allah would not punish people simply because they were not convinced by your arguments? If anything Allah should praise people who refuse to convert if they are not totaly convinced. And if they aren't totally convinced, that's the fault of the people trying to convert them.

Muslims have no duties or obligations beyond conveying the message of Islam.

Salam.

There are many who feel it is the duty and obligation of every Muslim to institute Sharia worldwide, therefor reducing non-Muslims to the rule of Muslims.

And why limit the pact to "people of the book"? Why not promise tolerance to all religions? Why limit it? Why leave out Eastern religions and Hinduism? Are they not worthy?

Edited by Livius

And why limit the pact to "people of the book"? Why not promise tolerance to all religions? Why limit it? Why leave out Eastern religions and Hinduism? Are they not worthy?

Yes, they are worthy. The Prophet Muhammad promised tolerance to pagans.

Welcome back ... long time no see : )

Wassalam,

Y

Welcome back ... long time no see : )

Thank you Yasnov, that is appreciated. I am not sure if I will stay long, though. It seems that I am barred from posting in most of the forums I used to post in. Maybe I'm too radical.

Yes, they are worthy. The Prophet Muhammad promised tolerance to pagans.

Then why the emphasis so often on "People of the Book"? Are they, in any way, to be treated differently than other non-Muslims?

Hi Livius,

The people of the book were originally the people to whom religion was revealed - they have been sent the one true religion by Allah through His Prophets, although the Qur'aan is the final and preserved revelation of God. That said, Muslims and People of the Book share a relationship of Mercy. Therefore, there is emphasis on the People of the Book.

And do not dispute with the People of the Book except by (the way) which is best, unless it be with such of them as transgress, and say, 'We believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you, and our God and your God is one, and to Him do we submit (Al-`Ankabut 29:46)

The food of those who were given the Scripture (before you) is permitted to you and your food is permitted to them. And (lawful to you in marriage are) chaste women from among the Believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you (Al-Ma'idah 5:5).

Concerning any Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, he/she could be Hindu, Buddhist etc - these also enjoy the privileges of living under a Muslim state and are referred to as dhimmis, which in translation means "the protected people". They are also referred to as the People of the Covenant.

According to wikipedia, A dhimmi is a non-Muslim subject of a state governed in accordance with sharia law. The term connotes an obligation of the state to protect the individual, including the individual's life, property, and freedom of religion and worship, in exchange for "subservience and loyalty to the Muslim order", and a poll tax known as the jizya. This status was eventually extended to Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians and so forth.

Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him said:

"On the Day of Judgment, I will dispute with anyone who oppresses a person from among the People of the Covenant, or infringes upon his right, or puts a responsibility on him which is beyond his strength, or takes something from him against his will" (Abu Dawud).

The Non-Muslims are under the protection of the Muslim state, and they are entitled to their obligations. Their honor and property is protected; and they are not to be damaged reputation-wise or physically.

Muslims are commanded to deal with Non-Muslims in kindness, justice and courtesy:

"Co-operate with each other in matters of righteousness and piety and do not co-operate in matters of aggression and sin." (Al-Ma’idah: 2)

These are the universal values of humanity - therefore, yes, everyone is worthy of promised tolerance.

Peace

to my brothers muslims and non-muslims please take your time and read.

after acknowledging to a great argument with my friend for about a year now i noticed that they believe it and when beleiving something its hard to change their part when they know and they have it , i tried many ways when i talk about Islam i make them observe into Islam and forget abit about christianity but after a while hes back as a christian FIRM! , the only solution for them which gives them a proof and to make them understand is like Sheikh Yusuf said , let their heart seek the truth , and the only way which Sheikh yusuf tried and many other nonmuslims is that at night before they sleep dont pray * oh Jesus (pbuh) but pray this prayer and say ( Oh GOd the one and Only , you can say Allah if you want , and yes its better ,, but the intention must be from the heart and when it talks to the Almighty GOD thats when the persons communication becomes very very diffrent its to do with faith communication .. you pray and ask GOD this ,.. Show me the right path .. and inshallah when you sleep inshallah and inshallah you will see a dream a sign...

this will be authentic for the people , however

the heart should be scincere and which wants the here after , and removes hes ego before asking the question .. btw Allah knows what you will choose later or now and knows that if a sign comes what you will do either deny or not . . . . . .

Allah (SWT) will give (hdaya) for the people if they actually wants it .

an important tip brothers christians before you pray please

release your self from shaytans surroundings by saying this word before you pray ( a otho bil Allah min al shaytan alrajeem )

brothers please translate what i wrote in the brackets from my brothers and sisters and please brothers say the words in the brackets before praying so the satan doesnt control you and have your heart blocked in not in a sincere manner....

thank you very much for taking your time and Allah rewards you with the best of Health and happiness through out your life Ameen.

quote is still standing

:sl: truth will be learned from the observers but not from ignorance

Thank you Yasnov, that is appreciated. I am not sure if I will stay long, though. It seems that I am barred from posting in most of the forums I used to post in. Maybe I'm too radical.

Ah, just contact the moderators. You need to sort this one out.

Then why the emphasis so often on "People of the Book"?

Easy reference?

Wassalam,

Y

the only solution for them which gives them a proof and to make them understand is like Sheikh Yusuf said , let their heart seek the truth , and the only way which Sheikh yusuf tried and many other nonmuslims is that at night before they sleep dont pray * oh Jesus (pbuh) but pray this prayer and say ( Oh GOd the one and Only , you can say Allah if you want , and yes its better ,, but the intention must be from the heart and when it talks to the Almighty GOD thats when the persons communication becomes very very diffrent its to do with faith communication .. you pray and ask GOD this ,.. Show me the right path .. and inshallah when you sleep inshallah and inshallah you will see a dream a sign...

That's one good advice, Brother :sl:

. . .

an important tip brothers christians before you pray please release your self from shaytans surroundings by saying this word before you pray ( a otho bil Allah min al shaytan alrajeem )

brothers please translate what i wrote in the brackets

The words between bracket mean "I seek refuge with Allah from Satan the Accursed" :sl:

Wassalam,

Y

its sad that many Christians in America are ignorant of these things and see us as outsiders and many hate crimes have happened

The us seems to be way more secular these days. There seems to be a brand of militant feminism and and political correctness that is dominating the us with the mastery of the media. Christianity is under attack here as we'll.

Actually, it depends.  Jesus, said the gates of Hell would not prevail against the Church.  Now, I have no doubt that the Church is under attack throughout the world.  It always has been.  That has never changed.  Now, I think the look and areas ie demographics where Christianity is strongest will likely change over the millennium.  For instance, Europe once a major strong hold of Christianity is slowing being converted to Islam and even secularist views.  Now, Say, for sake of argument, that Islam takes over, they're not supposed to wipe out Christianity.  We're supposed to be subdued not wiped out.  Now, you might point to Saudi Arabia and say where are the Christians, a valid point.  But, if they truly, followed Sharia law there then Christianity would be there too.  No, the real enemy is atheist secularism and scientism. Now, if Europe and the US Christianity weakens; Africa and south America may increase as evidenced by the latest World Youth day in Brazil.  Where over a million Catholics traveled to see and be blessed by Pope Francis. 

Peace be with you   

True it does take action.  However, what type of action? That is the question.  Jesus said to go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature, that whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. Whoever does not believe will be condemned. That the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Jesus didn't say military conquest.