Islamic Forum
al faqeer

EISA (JESUS) PBUH in the QURAN

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

JESUS in the QURAN

The Islamic view of Jesus lies between two extremes. The Jews , who rejected Jesus as a Prophet of God, called him an impostor. The Christians, on the other hand, considered him to be the son of God and worship him as such. Islam considers Jesus to be one of the great prophets of God and respects him as much as Ibrahim (Abraham), Moses, and Mohammed. (Peace Be Upon Them) This is conformity with the Islamic view of the oneness of God, the oneness of Divine guidance, and the complementary role of the subsequent mission of God's messengers.

The essence of Islam - willing submission to the will of God - was revealed to Adam, who was passed it on to his children. All following revelations to Noah, Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus, and finally Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Them) were conformity with that message, with some elaboration to define the revelation between man and God, man and man, man and instructions. Thus, any contradictions among revealed religions is viewed by Islam as a man-made element introduced into these religions. The position of Jesus in the three major religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - should not be an exception.

Although the Quran does not present a detailed life-story of Jesus, it highlights the important aspects of his birth, his mission, his ascension to heaven, and passes judgements on the Christian beliefs concerning him. The Quranic account of Jesus starts with the conception of his mother, Mary, whose mother, the wife of Imran, vowed to dedicate her child to the service of God in the temple. When Mary became a woman, the Holy Spirit (the Archangel Gabriel) appeared to her as a man bringing her news of a son. We read the following dialogue in the Quran between Mary and the Angel:

"When the angel said, "Mary, god gives you a good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, -high honoured shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to God. He shall speak to men in the cradle, and of age, and righteous he shall be, "lord" said Mary "How shall I have a son, seeing no mortal has touched me? "Even so, he said "God creates what He will".

When he decrees a thing He but say to it, "Be", and it is. (Al-Imran 3:45-47)

In a chapter (Surah) entitled "Maryam" (Mary), the Quran tells us how Mary gave birth to her son, and how the Jesus accused her when she brought the child home:

"Then she brought the child to her folk, carrying him, and they said, "Mary, you have surely committed a monstrous thing. Sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, nor your mother a woman unchaste. Mary pointed to the child; but they said, 'Hoe shall we speak to one who still in the cradle, a little child. And he said, 'Lo, I am God's servant, God has given me the Book and made me a Prophet Blessed He has made me ,wherever/may be; and hi has enjoined me to prayer, and to give the alms so long as I live, and likewise to cherish my mother; He has not made me arrogant and wicked. Peace be upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised up a live. "Maryam 19:29-33)

in the same chapter, following the above quotation, God assures Mohammed (PBUH) and through him the whole world, that what is told above is the TRUTH about Jesus (PBUH), although Christians might not accept it. Jesus is NOT the son of God: He was obviously enough, the son of Mary. The verses continue: "That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him, He nut says to it, 'Be, and it is. (Maryam 19:34-35)

After this strong statement about the nature of Jesus, God directed Mohammed (PBUH) to call the Christians to worship the one God: "Surely God is my God, and your God, so surely serve him. This is the straight path". (Maryam 19:36)

The rejection of the very idea of God having a son is restated later in the same chapter with even stronger words: "And they say, The All-merciful has taken unto Himself a son. You have indeed advanced something hideous. As if the skies are about to burst, the earth to split asunder and its mountain to fall down in the utter ruin for that they have attributed to the All-merciful a son; and behaves not the All-merciful to take a son. None there in the heavens and earth but comes to the All-merciful as a servant" (Maryam 19:88-93)

The Quran recognizes the fact that Jesus had no human father, but this does not make him the son of God, or God himself. By this criterion, Adam would have been more entitled more entitled to be the son of God, because he had neither a father nor a mother, so the Quran draws attention to the miraculous creation of both in the following verses; " truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then He said upon him, 'Be' and hi was. (Al-Imran 3:59)

The Quran rejects the concept of Trinity God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit - as strongly as it rejects the concept of Jesus as the son of God. This is because GOD IS ONE. Three cannot be one. The Quran addresses Christians in the following verses from the Surrah entitled "An-Nisaa" (The Women)

People of the Book, do not go beyond the bounds in your religion, and say nought as to God but the Truth. The messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only the messenger of God, and his word (Fulfilment of his word (Fulfilment of His command, through the word "Be", for the creation of Jesus) that he committed to Mary, and a spirit originating from Him (was given life by God). So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not 'Three'. Refrain, better is for you. God is only one God. Glory be to him-that He should have a son! To Him belongs all that is in the Heavens and in the Earth; God suffices for a guardian.

The Messiah will not disdain to be a servant of God, neither the Angels who are close to Him. Whosoever disdains to serve Him and walks proud, He will assuredly muster them to Him, all of them.

As for the believers, who do deeds of righteousness, we will pay them their rewards in full, and He will give them more, of His bounty; as for them who disdain and walks proud, then He will punish with a severe punishment, and they shall not find for them, apart from God, a friend or helper." (An-Nissa 4:171-173)

The denial of Jesus's divinity (and. For the matter, of Mary's divinity) is presented in the Quran in the form of a dialogue, at the Day of Judgement, between the Almighty Jesus. All the Messengers and their nations will gather before God and He will ask the Messengers how they were received by their people and what they said to them. Among those who will be questioned is Jesus:

"And when God said, 'O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"? He said, 'To you be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, you would have known it, knowing what is within my heart, though I do not know your knowledge; you know the things unseen. I only said to them what you did commands me: "Serve God, my God and your God." (Al-Maida 5-116)

Given that the Quran denies the Trinity and the son ship of Jesus, what, according to the Quran, was the real mission of Jesus? The answer is that Jesus was a link in a long chain of Prophets and Messengers sent by God to various nations and societies whenever they needed guidance or deviated from his teachings of Moses and other Messengers. As he was miraculously supported by numerous miracles to prove that he was a Messengers from God. However, the majority of the Jews rejected his ministry.

In another verse of the Quran, Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah which was revealed to Moses, and also conveyed he glad tidings of a final Messenger who follow him: "And when Jesus son of Mary said, 'Children of israel, I am indeed the Messenger to you, confirming the Torah that is before me, and giving good tiding of a Messenger who shall be the praised one."(As-Saff 61:6)

Note that "praised one" is a translation of "Ahmad" - The Prophet Mohammed's name. Careful study of the New Testament shows that Jesus refers to the same Prophet in John 14:16-17: "And I will give you another Counsellor (ThProphet Mohammed). To be with you for ever, even the Spirit of Truth."

The usual explanation of this Prophecy is that the counsellor referred to is the Holy Spirit, but this explanation is excluded by a previous verse in John: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counsellor will not come to you."

The characteristics of this counsellor, as can be derived from the prophecy, are that he will stay forever with the believers, he will glorify Jesus; and he will speak that he hears form God. All four characteristics apply to the Prophet Mohammed. He came six centuries after Jesus. He came six centuries after Jesus. He came with a universal and everlasting message, fulfilling the prophecy that the counsellor will stay forever with the faithful. He glorified Jesus as a great Prophet. The Quran attributes to Jesus miracles not mentioned in the Bible's Old and New Testaments, as well as specific verses in the Quran show how the Prophet Mohammad is rejected by Jews and Christians out of prejudice and misunderstanding, rather that carefully study the Bible.

It is a sad fact of history that not many are following the "straight path" to which people were called by Jesus. He was only followed by a few disciples inspired by God to support him. The non-believers plotted - as they would against Mohammed, six centuries later - to kill Jesus. But God had better plan for him and his followers, as the Quran tells us:

"And when Jesus perceived their unbelief, he said 'Who will be my helpers in the cause of God? The apostles said, 'we are Gods helpers. We believe in God; so bear witness of our submission God, we believe in that you have sent down, and we follow the Messenger. Inscribe us therefore with those who bear witness. 'And they devised, and God devised, and God devised, and God is the best of divisors. When God said, 'Jesus, I will take you to Me and will raise you to Me, and I will purify you (of the falsehoods) of those who do not believe. I will make your followers above the unbelievers till the Resurrection Day."(Al-Imran 3:52-55)

As the above verses indicate, Jesus was taken and raised to heaven. He was not crucified. It was certainly the plan of the enemies of Jesus to put him to death on the cross, but God saved him and someone else was crucified:

"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)

The Quran does not explain who was the person crucified instead of Jesus, nor elaborate on the Second Coming of Jesus. However, explanators of the Quran have always interpreted the last verse of the above quotation to mean that Jesus will believe in him before he dies. This understanding is supported by authentic sayings (Hadith) of the Prophet Mohammed may the peace and blessings of Allah him and upon all His Messengers.

PropellerAds

:D

:D brother very informative.

leechingrabbit hi there

A muslim has to believe in the Prophets Of Allah SWT it one of what muslims call the Pillars of Faith , and Not believeing Prophet Eisa PBUH is the messiah then he is denying what the Quran says .

and no muslim is a muslim if he denies a word of he Quran .

Thank u .

You would have no idea how many "muslims" I know that refuse to believe that Islam considers Jesus Christ the messiah.

Peace leechingrabbit!

As Brother Al Faqeer has written, belief in Jesus (on him be peace), including his miraculous birth, his being a Messenger and a Prophet, etc., are Pillars of Faith. Any Muslim who does not accept these is doing it either out of ignorance or in denial of the Qur'an. Both are wrong, with the latter having graver effect.

Peace out

I am christian , i belive mohammed was a great prophet just as you believe jesus is. i belive that most of you in this forum are enlightened as are most of the Islamic ppl i hae met. Basically though i say that we agree to disagree. But let us have a better understanding of each other. i pray for you all and hope the best for each and every one of you. may God/Allah bless all of you. and also may he bring you closer to him..

Peace from our Lord,

Jesus (on him be peace)

This is something I don't understand.

According to the first posting here, Muslims do believe that our Lord Jesus ascended into heaven. From what follows that he has peace.

Is it a mistranslation of "on whom is peace", or why do you pray for something that already has happened?

Peace from our Lord,

This is something I don't understand.

According to the first posting here, Muslims do believe that our Lord Jesus ascended into heaven. From what follows that he has peace.

Is it a mistranslation of "on whom is peace", or why do you pray for something that already has happened?

Muslims say " Peace be Up Him " For all Prophets of God Almighty Including Eisa peace be upon him .

Masha'Allah very informative indeed.

:D for sharing it with us.

Now i think this is related to the subject.

What is this about Isaa Alayhis Salam being crucified etc etc. Is this true or not? I am not saying it is from the Quraan to the best of my knowledge, but it was on a review. I t has deeply troubled me. Please shed some light on it if you can.

Wa alaykumus salam

What is this about Isaa Alayhis Salam being crucified etc etc. Is this true or not?

I think the post initiated by the brother covers all relevent aspects about hazrat Issa(peace be upon him). I happened to listen to a lecture by a scholar in which he explained the difference between a simple prophet and a Rasool. A prophet when designated by Allah Almighty as Rasool cannot be killed by his enemies. If you go into the Islamic history, you will find that Rasools ( peace upon them) were always saved by the Allah Almighty alongwith those, who followed their path. In Holy Quran, frequently you will find details, as how the enemies of Rasools were destroyed.

As muslims we have to believe firmly that Hazrat Issa (peace upon him) was neither killed nor crucified, instead he was ascended to heavens by the Will of Allah Almighty. This is the verdict of Holy Quran. About the actual happening of the incident, details have not been given in the Holy Quran. Infact some details are contained in the Bible of Barnabas, but we the muslims cant take it as authority cz source of the information doesn't originate from Holy Quran and Hadiths by our prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him).

Edited by Ahsan

In the faint hope of clearing out a number of misconceptions.

I will here limit myself to discuss mainstream christianity (f.ex. Catholic or Lutheran C.)

Jesus the son of God

Christians do not believe that Jesus is the son of God in a litteral sense.

It is a manner of speaking (f.ex. "We are all God's children").

Christians believe that Jesus is the "embodyment of God's word" or as it is written: "God's word made flesh".

The Trinty

The trinity means exactly a threefold unity.

Now, of course one can take the simpleton stance that:

Three cannot be one

But allready here we are off track - the trinity does not concern "numerals" but instead "unity".

F.ex.

A Father, a mother and their children are one familly,

God (the father), the word of God, and Jesus (the word of God in flesh) are one divinity.

Christians promote the trinity inorder to claim strict oneness of God (strict monoteismen), something that would otherwise be logically impossible since christians (and jews) operate with the concept of the "word of God".

The Prophecy

With out heading into a tedious discussion, I think it's fair to say that the majority view by secular experts on John 14:16, is that it refers to The spirit of thruth, aka The holy spirit, aka God's word. The christian enterpretation of the entire passage is that christians are the keepers and carriers of God's word, spoken to them by Jesus.

in the name of allaah, the most merciful, the bestower of mercy; may the peace and blessings be upon our prophet muhammad, his family, his companions and all of those who follow him in righteousness until the last day.

to further one's reading, whether he be christian, muslim, jew, etc. about jesus, upon him be peace, then please refer to this book by shaykh rabee' bin hadee al-madkhalee:

(www.)"http://masjidtawheedchicago#####/books/status_of_jesus_in_islam.pdf"]the status of jesus in islaam[/url]

walhamdulillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.

Wish we had the luxury of bein able tog o round conversin with christians! The ones i know are great people. The real work is in giving dawah' to peeps who are spiritually lost! in my dawah adventures dats the case anywayz!!

Wish we had the luxury of bein able tog o round conversin with christians! The ones i know are great people. The real work is in giving dawah' to peeps who are spiritually lost! in my dawah adventures dats the case anywayz!!

It's interesting how Muslims are concerned that Christians are a lost people when you guys just don't understand the Trinity, or Jesus's death and ressurection. I'm not convinced the Quran presents a full understanding of these doctrines either, no offense. The Trinity does not in any way make God less united, less All-Powerful, less Omnipotent, so forth. All of your 99 Names can still be held strong by the Christian concept of God as your concept of God. If Christians believe that Jesus was a preexistent divine personality of God, does that mean we are blasphemous? If we love God above all things as commanded of us and we believe in an united, all powerful God who is no less powerful, no less almighty than the Islamic God. God is merely more personal in Christianity, because of Jesus. I believe He is enhanced, better than before, instead of negated or reduced.

:sl: brothers and sisters in Islam

All of your 99 Names can still be held strong by the Christian concept of God as your concept of God.

Including Al-Wahid- The One?

It's interesting how Muslims are concerned that Christians are a lost people when you guys just don't understand the Trinity, or Jesus's death and ressurection. I'm not convinced the Quran presents a full understanding of these doctrines either, no offense. The Trinity does not in any way make God less united, less All-Powerful, less Omnipotent, so forth. All of your 99 Names can still be held strong by the Christian concept of God as your concept of God. If Christians believe that Jesus was a preexistent divine personality of God, does that mean we are blasphemous? If we love God above all things as commanded of us and we believe in an united, all powerful God who is no less powerful, no less almighty than the Islamic God. God is merely more personal in Christianity, because of Jesus. I believe He is enhanced, better than before, instead of negated or reduced.

Peace to all!!

It's not just that Muslims think Christians are a lost people, but also that Christians do feel this way too with the Trinity. It is confusing and hence could lead 1 to not believe in anything. The question is if the Trinity is divine? Did it come from God or man made and if from God, then why would God cause to confuse his followers when believing in Him and worshipping Him and bringing oneself closer to Him should not be confusing but rather a peaceful and contented experience? Nontheless, there is a post for the Trinity.

Peace everyone,

Do you know what it all comes down to? Is God and His Plan for us uncomplicated, or complicated. That is what differentiates Christians and Muslims. Christians believe God is a complicated being, one God, but how is a being unconstrained to a body and form like us supposed to exist as? God could be a Trinity. Christians also believe that there is more to Jesus Christ, the Messiah. He was to be the Seal of the Prophets, because Messiah is a much much higher rank than Prophet. He was also supposed to be our salvation, as Prophets of the past have foretold the Messiah would be. The salvation for mankind, our way to the Kingdom of God. He's not this simple figure who calls for the worship of God and that's it. That's the vibe I'm getting from searching through the Quran, keyword "Isa". I don't think the Quran tells enough about Jesus, not even any of His parables or anything.

Peace to all!!

It's not just that Muslims think Christians are a lost people, but also that Christians do feel this way too with the Trinity. It is confusing and hence could lead 1 to not believe in anything. The question is if the Trinity is divine? Did it come from God or man made and if from God, then why would God cause to confuse his followers when believing in Him and worshipping Him and bringing oneself closer to Him should not be confusing but rather a peaceful and contented experience? Nontheless, there is a post for the Trinity.

It's not confusing at all. There are three parts to God, hence the trinity, however, God is not separated into three parts, he is equally God in all three of his manifests. First God the Father, who is almighty in heaven and on earth forever and ever. Then there is the Holy Spirit, of which God transcends his throne and is emparted to his believers. Then there is the Son of God Jesus, who is equally God, but is labeled son because God came down to the earth as "son of man" through Mary.

Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace and bless be upon them) declare that God is One and Only thus they reject the Trinity. The Trinity states that God is One in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit so the Trinity and the Christians who believe in the Trinity defy, degrade and insult God and the messengers of God. In other word, Trinitarian Christians revere three gods instead of One True God.

Jesus had nothing to do with the Trinity for the Trinity was invented by corrupt and immoral Christian priests long after Jesus was gone. Jesus never says that God is One in Three. He says God is One and Only.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke, authors of the first three Gospels, believed that Jesus was not God (see Mark 10:18 and Matthew 19:17). They believed that he was the son of God in the sense of a righteous person. Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9).

Christians have falsely claimed that Jesus is the son of God and God himself. Jesus is not the son of God for Jesus is the son of man and we know that God is not a man so Jesus is not the son of God. Jesus is not God for Jesus is not God's co-equal. According to the Gospels, Jesus admits that God is greater than Jesus so Jesus is not a part of the Trinity. Therefore the Trinity is a false doctrine that insults, degrades and slanders God and His prophets and messenger.

The Trinity is false according to the Bible:

Mark 13:32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. If Messiah was God, he would know that day, that is the End of this system of things. The Omnipotent God knows all things because with him no declaration will be impossible.

1 Corinthians 11:3: Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is YHWH [Jehovah or Yahweh] - Is a man and woman literally the same person? No, well neither is Christ and God, for how could God be head over his own self. Rather God is head over all his creatures including the Celestial Christ.

Mark 12: 28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O israel, YHWH our God, YHWH is One.. 30 Love YHWH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with your entire mind and with all your strength.'

Jesus says "our God" so Jesus is not God for Jesus is a servant of God. Jesus says "God is One". He never say "God is One in Three"!!!

Therefore Trinitarian Christians have slandered , degraded and slandered God and Jesus by inventing the Trinity that denies the Oneness of God.

Evidence from the Qur’an

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_31.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_31.htm[/url]

A common mistake among people is their thinking of God as a super human being somewhere up in the sky. Then they attribute all kinds of human activity and relationships to God as if He was like human beings. Once it is clear that humans have children, such people conclude that God has children too. But God declares this idea to be false.

God tells us in His Book that there is nothing like Him (see surah 42:11). God also says that there is nothing comparable unto Him (112:4). Surely, God is not a physical being. God tells us:

"Vision comprehends Him not, but He comprehends (all) vision” (Qur’an 6:103).

God declares that those who impute sons and daughters to Him do so falsely and without knowledge (see surah 6:100). The Qur’an appeals to our reason by saying:

“The Originator of the heavens and the earth! How can He have a child when he has no consort, when He created all things and is Aware of all things?” (6:101)

This is in obvious reply to those who may claim that God has a literal son or daughter, terms which in human languages mean the offspring of a pair.

Some may say, however, that God can produce a child without having a consort. In that case, you are not speaking of a child but a creature of God. In any case, God declares that He begets not, nor is He begotten (surah 112:3).

Some may say that God has adopted a child. God declares that this idea too lacks reason. Since everyone already belongs to God, what then is the point of adopting? God says:

“And they say: Allah has taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heaven and the earth are His. All are subservient unto Him. The originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decrees a thing, He says unto it only: Be! and it is” (2:116-117).

The idea that people should be called children of God is an erroneous one. Why not call them what they are? They are mortals of God’s creating. To those who say, “We are the sons of Allah and His loved ones,” Allah tells us to say as follows: “Why then does He chastise you for your sins? Nay, you are but mortals of His creating” (5:18).

God is not like humans to need children. God declares that He is self-sufficient. He has no need for such things (Qur’an 10:68).

It just so happens that people have a tendency to regard righteous persons as children of God. But God instructs us to call them not His children, but His righteous servants. God says:

“And they say: The Beneficent has taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but (those whom they call sons) are honoured slaves; they speak not until He has spoken, and they act by His command” (21:26-27).

Edited by wiseguy

Belief in God:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ch3-2.htm#footnote2"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ch3-2.htm#footnote2[/url]

Muslims believe in one, unique, incomparable God, Who has no son nor partner, and that none has the right to be worshiped but Him alone. He is the true God, and every other deity is false. He has the most magnificent names and sublime perfect attributes. No one shares His divinity, nor His attributes. In the Quran, God describes Himself:

Say, “He is God, the One. God, to Whom the creatures turn for their needs. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none like Him.” (Quran, 112:1-4).

No one has the right to be invoked, supplicated, prayed to, or shown any act of worship, but God alone.

God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, the Sovereign, and the Sustainer of everything in the whole universe. He manages all affairs. He stands in need of none of His creatures, and all His creatures depend on Him for all that they need. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, and the All-Knowing. In a perfect manner, His knowledge encompasses all things, the open and the secret, and the public and the private. He knows what has happened, what will happen, and how it will happen. No affair occurs in the whole world except by His will. Whatever He wills is, and whatever He does not will is not and will never be. His will is above the will of all the creatures. He has power over all things, and He is able to do everything. He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, and the Most Beneficent. In one of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad , we are told that God is more merciful to His creatures than a mother to her child.1 God is far removed from injustice and tyranny. He is All-Wise in all of His actions and decrees. If someone wants something from God, he or she can ask God directly without asking anyone else to intercede with God for him or her.

God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God. Even Jesus himself denied that he is God. God has said in the Quran:

Indeed, they have disbelieved who have said, “God is the Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary.” The Messiah said, “Children of israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever associates partners in worship with God, then God has forbidden Paradise for him, and his home is the Fire (Hell). For the wrongdoers,3 there will be no helpers.” (Quran, 5:72)

God is not a trinity. God has said in the Quran:

Indeed, they disbelieve who say, “God is the third of three (in a trinity),” when there is no god but one God. If they desist not from what they say, truly, a painful punishment will befall the disbelievers among them. Would they not rather repent to God and ask His forgiveness? For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a messenger... (Quran, 5:73-75)

Note: It was reported by the Associated Press, London, on June 25, 1984, that a majority of the Anglican bishops surveyed by a television program said, “Christians are not obliged to believe that Jesus Christ was God.” The poll was of 31 of England’s 39 bishops. The report further stated that 19 of the 31 bishops said it was sufficient to regard Jesus as “God’s supreme agent.” The poll was conducted by London Weekend Television’s weekly religious program, “Credo.”

Peace everyone,

Do you know what it all comes down to? Is God and His Plan for us uncomplicated, or complicated. That is what differentiates Christians and Muslims. Christians believe God is a complicated being, one God, but how is a being unconstrained to a body and form like us supposed to exist as? God could be a Trinity. Christians also believe that there is more to Jesus Christ, the Messiah. He was to be the Seal of the Prophets, because Messiah is a much much higher rank than Prophet. He was also supposed to be our salvation, as Prophets of the past have foretold the Messiah would be. The salvation for mankind, our way to the Kingdom of God. He's not this simple figure who calls for the worship of God and that's it. That's the vibe I'm getting from searching through the Quran, keyword "Isa". I don't think the Quran tells enough about Jesus, not even any of His parables or anything.

===========================

I have just visited two very very surprising two links, since that time I am thinking what is true and what is false?

If any one can read them and guide me pls

sites are

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_groups.google.ca/group/Truthandonly...o-z---100-truth

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_groups.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/group/PZSDFTP/web...f-mary-ascended

thanks

U have posted good points. however English translation of verses u have given are incorrect and misleading and are designed to satisfy those who have believe in fictions and not in reality:

Correct Translation which is closest to Arabic text of Quran are as under: (from a Most Qualified & Unbiased Suni Scholar Dr. Muhammad ASAD. Any one can go to famous site of Islamicity to read his translation along with Yousaf Alis's and Picthal's--- and see a big differnce:

Dr Muhammad Asad Traslate verse as under:

3:55 Lo! God said: "O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me, and cleanse thee of [the presence of] those who are bent on denying the truth; and I shall place those who follow thee [far] above those who are bent on denying the truth, unto the Day of Resurrection. In the end, unto Me you all must return, and I shall judge between you with regard to all on which you were wont to differ"

Explaining the Quranic verse, "O Jesus, I will cause thee to die (mutawaffi-ka)", Ibn Abbas is recorded as saying:

"Ibn Abbas said: mutawaffi-ka means ‘I will cause thee to die (mumitu-ka) ’."

(Bukhari, Kitab al-Tafsir, on verse 5:110). [using large font size is not allowed]

----------------------------------------------------

Quran verse 4:157: “ And their boast, "Behold, we have slain the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, [who claimed to be] an apostle of God!" However, they did not slay him, and neither did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been] so; [171] and, verily, those who hold conflicting views thereon are indeed confused, having no [real] knowledge thereof, and following mere conjecture. For, of a certainty, they did not slay himâ€.

Verse 4:158: “nay, God exalted him unto Himself and God is indeed almighty, wiseâ€.

Allah Kabir-ul-Muta’aal may sanctify soul of Dr. Muhammad Asad, who regarding verse 4:157 & 4:158 have also commented as follow:

Cf. 3:55, where God says to Jesus, "Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me." The verb rafa ahu (lit., "he raised him" or "elevated him") has always, whenever the act of raf’ ("elevating") of a human being is attributed to God, the meaning of "honouring" or "exalting". Nowhere in the Qur’an is there any warrant for the popular belief that God has "taken up" Jesus bodily, in his lifetime, into heaven. The expression "God exalted him unto Himself" in the above verse denotes the elevation of Jesus to the realm of God's special grace - a blessing in which all prophets partake, as is evident from 19:57, where the verb rafa nahu ("We exalted him") is used with regard to the Prophet Idris. (See also Muhammad ‘Abduh in Manar III, 316 f., and VI, 20f.) The "nay" (bal) at the beginning of the sentence is meant to stress the contrast between the belief of the Jews that they had put Jesus to a shameful death on the cross and the fact of God's having "exalted him unto Himself".(Quran Ref: 4:158 )

======================

Verse 5:116: AND LO! God said: [139] O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, `Worship me and my mother as deities beside God'?" [Jesus] answered: "Limitless art Thou in Thy glory! It would not have been possible for me to say what I had no right to [say]! Had I said this, Thou wouldst indeed have known it! Thou knowest all that is within myself, whereas I know not what is in Thy Self. Verily, it is Thou alone who fully knowest all the things that are beyond the reach of a created being's perceptionâ€

5:117: “Nothing did I tell them beyond what Thou didst bid me [to say]: `Worship God, [who is] my Sustainer as well as your Sustainer.' And I bore witness to what they did as long as I dwelt in their midst; but since Thou hast caused me to die, Thou alone hast been their keeper: [140] for Thou art witness unto everythingâ€.

Note by Dr Muhammad Asad about verse 5:116 & 5:117 is as under:

Sc., "after Jesus' death": this is fully evident from Jesus' subsequent reference, in the past tense, to his own death ("since Thou hast caused me to (die") in verse 117. On the other hand, the verb qala (lit., "He said") can also have the meaning of "He will say" (see note 141 below).(Quran Ref: 5:116 )

The definite article in anta'r-raqib expresses God's exclusiveness in His function as raqib ("keeper"), and can only be rendered by an interpolation of the (elliptically implied) word "alone". Similar expressions relating to God are very often met with in the Qur'an -e.g., at the end of the next verse.(Quran Ref: 5:117)

=====================================

43:61: “AND, BEHOLD, this [divine writ] is indeed a means to know [that] the Last Hour [is bound to come]; [48] hence, have no doubt whatever about it, but follow Me: this [alone] is a straight wayâ€.

Many many deliberately attach this verse to Jesus in order to supports some fictions but this verse has to do nothing with Jesus at all

Dr. Muhammad Asad (Allah Jalla Jalalo Hu may sanctify his soul) has commented on verse 43:61 as under:

Whereas most of the commentators regard the pronoun hu in innahu as relating to Jesus and, consequently, interpret the above phrase as "he is indeed a means to know [i.e., an indication of the coming of] the Last Hour", some authorities - e.g., Qatadah, Al-Hasan al-Basri and Sa’id ibn Jubayr (all of them quoted by Tabari, Baghawi and Ibn Kathir) - relate the pronoun to the Qur’an, and understand the phrase in the sense adopted in my rendering. The specific mention of the Last Hour in the above context is meant to stress man’s ultimate responsibility before the Creator and, therefore, the fact that worship is due to Him alone: and so this parenthetic passage follows logically upon the mention of the false deification of Jesus.(Quran Ref: 43:61 )

There is no doubt that Qadiani/Ahmedi/Lahri Ahamdis follower of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed are stupid and liars but bigger liars are those also who twist the meanings of verse of Quran in order to support their unsound believes

I we do not twist Quranic verses, Quran very clearly says:

1- Jesus did not die on cross as Roman pagan say. Now here there is very precise point from where our most of scholars just escape.

Meaning of WA Ma Salabu:

Salabu=Crucify---- > " TO KILL A CRIMINAL AFTER BINDING HIM OR NAILING HIM ON CROSS"

Now note here that "TO KILL on cross" is a condition of CRUCIFIXION. So if some one is nailed on cross but is removed from cross when he was still alive (in deep coma) and later healed from injuries and survives; why cannot say that person now that he is "CRUCIFIED" because he did not meet the condition of CRUCIFIXION which is "TO BE KILLED on CROSS"; so we can say "(thu tried on cross) this man is NOT CRICIFIED. Now staigly meaning of "NOT CRICIFIED is "Wa MA SALABU" which Noble Quran has used.

Quran never ever deny incident of cross (show me single verse?) but STRONGLY DENY DEATH OF JESUS ON CROSS.

No where Quran says " Jesus was replaced by some one on cross (show me sing word or verse in Quran?). Quran uses word "Shublahum" which means "IT SEEMED TO THEM THAT HE IS DIED BUT IN FACT HE WAS ALIVE". It is like, that u are driving country-side and u see a person has met accident and his car stopping on one side of road and there are marks of injusries on hi shead and body and he body is no movinging at al. and u call 911 to tell them and a person ask u on 911 line, Is person died or alive; u answer " It seems to me he is died (seems to me he is died ---.> Subalahum) but when person was taken to hospital, he was found alive by Dr.

Now many our brothers says, how GOD can allow that his prophet be nailed on cross by evil people? this is chlisg & immuture question. GOD has tested his friends i all ages. because this life is test. Job )Ayub) PBUM suffered a long desease (despite he was prophet like jesus), a prophet was alive hack-sawed in a tree, Jonna was thown in ocean and went into fish belly; Even our great master Prophet Muhammad (S) was injured in Ahud field and people of Taif injured him by stones, Ibrahim PBUH was even tossed in Fire but GOD saved him, so Som of Mary was nailed on cross but GOD SAVED him from dying on cross

We hate Qadianis/Ahamdis/Lahori Ahmadis and I believe too they are liars, We we should not escape from truth of Quran which says EXPLICITLY (if verses are not twisted)

1- Jesus did not die on cross (Wa Ma Salabu)- Quran never deny incident of cross but strongly deny his death on cross

2- Later Jesus died naturally as all prophet died and after his death, his soul was raised to paradise (as it happened with every other prophet

Regarding hadiths about this subject, we can find many many hadiths i two groups 1- the hadiths that say, Jesus went heaven and willcome again, 2- there are hadiths that clearly say, that thu Jesus survived death on cross as Noble Quran says but later son of mary is naturally died. Now if we do critical analysis in the light of charcater of narratetrs and Ilme-Rajaal, we clarly see that the hadith that say that Eis ais died are ver very AUTHENTIC and the hadith that says Eisa went alive to heavens with his mortal body of flesh and bones are forged hadiths by Baab Akbar and Munabba who were Roman pagan/jewish converts (in fact Munafilk)

Professor Mahmud Shaltut, Grand Mufti-Egypt & Past Rector of Azhar University has said in Fatwa:

That according to Quran, Jesus survived death on CROSS but in later life he was died naturally & the Hadiths abt Ascend/Descend were narrated by two hypocrites "Wahab bin Munnabba" & "Ba'ab Akbar".[using large font size is not allowed][using large font size is not allowed]

But many ignorants have attached this Quranic truth to Stupid Qadianis in order to escape from truth & to support Christians' & Jewish fable

I invite all this forum and any other person on this planet to debate with me if any one like so.But debate MUST be scholarly logical, MUTURE (not childish approach) specific and to the point. Because instead of having debate properly, if u tell me , o u are an ignorant and I tell you No iam not but u are stupid; so in this way it will be waste of time [using large font size is not allowed]