Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Eyes

A Reminder

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatu,

I hope you're reading this in good health and strong iman.

You look around the forum, nice titles to threads and active....then you open it, ah, it seems understandable. All brothers and sisters discussing Islamic issues then that is when for most of us our hearts miss a beat. The attitude used towards one another is beyond comprehendable and to think it is coming from brothers and sisters is just even more shocking wallahi.

I suggest when we reply we think carefully at the implication of our posts, who we are and what sort of adab we should have while approaching such issue.

This may come to us as a big shock but we are all brothers and sisters. So let us get our act together, we are becoming way too opinionated and just use what suits us without considering the situation and intentions.

Allah (swt) knows best and let us always remember that....don't make the religion hard because it isn't.

*sighs*

PropellerAds

:D

The term if people wish to require to look it up formally is ad hominem. "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Google[/url] that, and yeah i do agree, less emotion would be so much more helpful in discussion.

I agree completely....thanks Lateralus63 for that infoermation.

Salaam

Crystal Eyes has made a very good reminder.

Even if we disagree with each other, it doesnt mean we have to become rude, make hurtful comments. Im sure this isnt Islamic.

Sometimes we have to try and see where the other person is comming from.

Edited by PTJ_MrQ

wonderful reminder, :D

*Good point Lateralus- :D alhamdillah, i already knew the term*

Salam wa alaikum

A wonderful reminder, :D

Wa alaikum salam

Salaam

Just looked up what ad hominem means, erm  :D

it simply means getting emotions involved in a situation where it shouldnt be. So if somebody proves us wrong in a discussion we should not get emotional and thus as a result become angry. If we stay desensitised to emotion we stay rational. That is of course only in situations such as discussions/debates.

^ Good definition :D

Although PTJ alredy looked it up, i thought i would just add that many times it is taken to mean "personal attack." For example, let's say two people are fighting. If one person tells the other person "You're just stupid and mean", then that is an example of ad hominem. Again, they are simply using emotion (their pesonal "hatred/anger/et.c") instead of rationality...

I also thought I would add these ayaat to this reminder:

[from surat Al Hujrat (49)]

10. The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.

11. O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

12.O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah: For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Salaaaaamz,

That was really insightful sister Batoota!!! :D