Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ana_Muslimun

H a v e Y o u H e a r d ?

Shujah and Nabeel - Teenagers Locked Up in Belmarsh & Woodhill

Date: 06-Nov-2004

H a v e Y o u H e a r d ?

The majority of the Muslim youth in today’s society are caught up between rap stars and music, between celebrities and fashion. But how many of us can relate or even imagine the trauma that our Brothers Shujah-Ud-Din Mahmood and Nabeel Hussain are going through?

Shujah is only 17, a year ago he completed his GCSE’s, and he is now locked up in Woodhill Prison for being an honest Muslim living in Britain. Shujah narrates the ordeal he went through:

“I woke up for Fajar Salah, my window was open and I could hear whispering outside and Qadr Allah as soon as my alarm went off I heard huge loud bangs! And shouts of ‘Police, Police, Police!’ They did not harm me, they asked me a few questions the likes of it were, if there was a bomb, explosive materials, chemicals or gases or anything else that may harm a Police officer. So I told them I have a penknife if that counts (mind of a terrorist). They arrested me and took me to Paddington Green Police Station, they asked me if I wanted a solicitor and I replied "no I want my Brother" not realising my brother was also there! So I told them "I want Arani". They asked me Arani’s surname? who is he? where is their company? and where have you heard of him? I replied "I do not know where they are but I want Arani."

They accused me of not being a normal 17 year old teenager but that I had a chilling cold look in my eyes and because of that I was not normal. I stayed in solitary confinement for ten days, I was the first to be charged because of my age and was taken to Woodhill. There I realised the amount of media hype and lies that had spread and also later found out that they had been under instruction to make me feel “uneasy� at the beginning of my stay at Woodhill.

Insha’Allah I make du’a that I am released but I see Woodhill as my home now and I have no faith in the British justice, as in my same prison I have fellow Muslims who have been detained for years without even being charged. How can I expect Justice from these people?’

As we kick back and relax in our comfy homes leading our normal lives our young brother is locked up, alone in a four walled cell that he looks at day in day out.

While normal young brothers are busy in their lives, enjoying their sports, going out, eating nice food, our brother is deprived of all this. How can we neglect our brother? We too have to answer to Allah (swt). Shujah has been seperated from his brother who is in Belmarsh. They can't speak on the phone and have not seen each other for over 6 months.

Shujah has been in Woodhill for over 6 months and is awaiting trail for such an absurd and ridiculous charge that we make du’a that he is released sooner than that. Ameen

Nabeel Hussain is also a shining example of patience and perseverance. He is just 19 and at such an age he has been brutally punched by the Met force at the time of his arrest and grappled for no apparent reason as no resistance had taken place whilst being arrested. Another brother who was also there at the time of the arrest was punched in the face.

He too was also arrested at the same time as Shujah and is also at Woodhill. Nabeel’s mother has a disability so she has visited him very few times, because she cannot travel far and because of transportation needs which cannot be met. Their local Muslim community would rather invite the Police force and have tea with them, than help the families of the victims.

Brothers and Sisters we have to do something about this crisis that affects this Ummah which You are a part of. Sisters are we feeling this mother’s pain of the loss of her son? Brothers do we know of the suffering that these brothers are going through? No, is the answer to both these questions, because if we felt the hurt and the pain our pens would be to paper and our keyboards would be clicking. All we simply have to do is write down some words of encouragement, remind them that Allah is with them at all times. Remind them of their purpose in life and the promise of Jannah. Encourage them to recite Qur’an and enjoin in much Dhikr (remembrance of Allah). Make these Brothers feel like they have the Ummah behind them, make them feel like they have actual brothers and sisters that care about them, however long or short the letter may be, the point is that we are trying and Allah does not over look any deed. In A hadith by Imam Muslim it was narrated:

"Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the hereafter… Allah is helping the servant as long as the servant is helping his brother."

"And hold fast altogether to the rope of Allah, and do not draw apart from one another" [3:103]

"Remain conscious of Allah, and keep alive the bond of brotherhood amongst yourselves" [8:1]

Insh’Allah Try to help by visiting "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.stoppoliticalterror(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.stoppoliticalterror(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

This is horrible.. :D

May Allah SWT reward them for what they are going through.

With each difficulty there is ease, and inshaAllah our brothers will be out of this misery soon..

:w:

Here are their addresses.

Why not send them an Eid card at least?

Shujah-Ud-Din Mahmood MX4292

HMP WOODHILL

Tattenhoe Street

Milton Keynes

Bucks

MKH 4DA

Nabeel Hussain MX4311

HMP WOODHILL

Tattenhoe Street

Milton Keynes

Bucks

MKH 4DA

Edited by Anj

Why not send them an Eid card at least?

What a lovely thought. :D

Why were they in possession of 600kg of ammonium nitrate fertilizer?

People, we are not going to close you off, just simplt provide a source!!

And i can clearly say that these 2 chaps are innocent

assalamu alikum

the so-called 'war on terror'! they should seriously consider renaming it to the 'war on Islam' !! :D :D :D

With each difficulty there is ease, and inshaAllah our brothers will be out of this misery soon..

:P :P

wa'aykum salam

Where did you get that from?

please provide a source

I think Livius was talking about this:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1193103,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1193103,00.html[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1098271971911_95?hub=World"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...11_95?hub=World[/url]

However strangely the CTV link is the only recent one I can find (October), all others are from April.. :D You would've expected more recent links from UK news websites..

Edited by Anj

Mr Garcia, Mr Khyam and Nabeel Hussain, 19, of Horley, Surrey, are accused of possessing ammonium nitrate fertiliser for a purpose connected with terrorism.

Ok they might have possessed that but

How can they say for 100% they had somat to do with terrorism

asslamualaikum

jazakhallah for this, and the addresses brother Anj, anyone going to send a card or anything?

walaikumsalam

assalamu alikum

^ eid card sounds like a good idea! insha'Allah if i get round to it- i'll get my dad to fill one out! :D best things we can do at the moment is pray for them! :D

w/s

Edited by strider

Ok they might have possessed that but

How can they say for 100% they had somat to do with terrorism

No, not any more than those that are sending them cards can say they are innocent either.

Seems a strange thing to keep around though.

can anyone bring forth some recent proof please? innocent till proven guilty! B)

Muslim => prays=> religious => extreamist <= >terrorist.

There is ur proof dude.

Whether or not he is Muslim has no bearing on whether or not he is innocent.

What has he said about this other than he believes he's being persecuted for being a Muslim? What is his defense?

Muslim => prays=> religious => extreamist <= >terrorist.

So if you found a group of 5 christians or jews in a muslim country with half a ton of ammonium nitrate fertilizer (a chemical that can and often has been used in bombs) amongst them, you wouldn't be suspicious at all?

The boys and the other men are not given a chance to speak puyblically in the court of law, to defend themselves, nor are they given access to lawyers. THIS IS part of the PROBLEM.

The defence, is based on evidence available, not just subkjective feelings, and there seems to be a complete black out on evidence, and its sources that led to the arrests. For all we know its probably a set up.

Part of the campaign to promote paranoia and fear of Islamists and Moderate muslims themselves, so they can be more eaisly eliminated and deported for no apparent reason.

The boys and the other men are not given a chance to speak puyblically in the court of law, to defend themselves, nor are they given access to lawyers. THIS IS part of the PROBLEM

All those that were charged were given their chance in court and they had lawyers. They were given a chance to defend themselves.

The defence, is based on evidence available, not just subkjective feelings, and there seems to be a complete black out on evidence, and its sources that led to the arrests. For all we know its probably a set up.

Personally I don't know whether they are guilty or not. The whole situation seems suspicious and it is likely that they are but I don't know. Im just bothered at how people automatically think that they are innocent and this is some racially motivated set up to make muslims or Islam look bad. I seriously doubt that anyone in the government cares enough about Islam to spend their time and money to make it look bad. The truth is that muslims simply can't come to admit to themselves that there are crazed muslims in the world who want to kill people. Thats why we have all these theories that are soley based on muslims' own denial.

Part of the campaign to promote paranoia and fear of Islamists and Moderate muslims themselves, so they can be more eaisly eliminated and deported for no apparent reason.

I think this statement is a pretty good example of what I said earlier.