Islamic Forum
bh_warrior

Islam In Bosnia

Asselamu Aleykum,

No one has started a topic about Bosnia (how can yours forget about us? :D ), so I will start.

Islam has been really strong since the war. Before the war Islam was not strong at all and where in control my Communist and most of the Muslim leaders where taken to jail for writing Islamic books etc… When the war started in 1992, the Masjids where full and most people had to pray on the streets. Currently Islam is not as strong as it was during the war but is still doing better than most non-middle east countries. There are couple cities where religion is number one, and even many Arabs live in those cities (mostly afghan mujahideens, who came to help Bosnians during the war). Our great Islamic president/leader Alija Izetbegovic died in 2000, where 100 thousands of Muslims turned up at his funeral. Alija Izetbegovic was a respected Muslim leader, who spent around 10 years in jail under the Yugoslavian communist regime. -may Allah be pleased with him.

PropellerAds

Salam alaykum

We have not forgotten you brother! I once saw a video of serbian crimes against muslims in Bosnia and i wont ever be able to forget it. The people their went through alot of suffering.

Alhumdulillah their was alot of Mujahideen who went to Bosnia to fight against the aggressors and protect their brothers and sisters. I also read alot of stories about the Mujahideen in Bosnia - very inspiring stuff alhumdulillah.

ÇáÓÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Úáíßã æÑÃãå Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜáÇã

I have seen many Bosnian brothers and sister in Sweden and Masha*Allah some are realy pious and knowledgeable impossible to forget Bosnians brothers and sister ...

:D

I love you bosnian muslims for all the troubles you go to may Allah inshallah make it easier for all of you.

Asselamu Aleykum,

No one has started a topic about Bosnia (how can yours forget about us? :D ), so I will start.

Islam has been really strong since the war. Before the war Islam was not strong at all and where in control my Communist and most of the Muslim leaders where taken to jail for writing Islamic books etc… When the war started in 1992, the Masjids where full and most people had to pray on the streets. Currently Islam is not as strong as it was during the war but is still doing better than most non-middle east countries. There are couple cities where religion is number one, and even many Arabs live in those cities (mostly afghan mujahideens, who came to help Bosnians during the war). Our great Islamic president/leader Alija Izetbegovic died in 2000, where 100 thousands of Muslims turned up at his funeral. Alija Izetbegovic was a respected Muslim leader, who spent around 10 years in jail under the Yugoslavian communist regime. -may Allah be pleased with him.

:D bh :D

Welcome to the community brother, it's a pleasure having you among us.

No one will ever forget about Bosnia and may Allah :D have mercy of former president Izetbegovic and grant him the company of the Prophet :)

I knew a new film about bosnia. It is <Grbavica>. I ever wrote a review about the film in chinese. But I didn't watch it. Who can give me a link that download it? Thanks!

salam!

Asselamu Aleykum,

Wa-aleykum essalaam,

Mashallah Islam is on the rise in Bosna, but unfortunately Bosna is not a united Muslim nation, as the West robbed the Bosniak of their victory and handed over half the nation to the criminal serbian race. May Allah bless our departed brother Alija Izetbegovic! His work The Islamic Declaration is one of the best 20th works on Islamic revival.

Merhaba,

i am new to the forum. My name is Avdo i have in curious search to find out more about my religion. And yes i know the Bosnian Muslims have become more fundamental since the war.

Merhaba,

i am new to the forum. My name is Avdo i have in curious search to find out more about my religion.

:D Avdo,

welcome to the community.

This is a good place to learn about Islam, enjoy your stay...

As Salam Alaikum,

I am not sure of the overall state of Islam in Bosnia but I know that when my brother (in Islam) went back to his city in Bosnia, he said most of masajid were locked and only the masajid that had pious, not just Muslim by name Imams weren't locked. The rest were locked all day, every day, even when te Imam was there. He also said drugs, prostituion, and crime has increased dramatically and is a huge problem right now.

I do not know if this is throughout Bosnia or just in a couple cities. I do not even remember the name of this brother's city. But I am guessing this is the general situation in all of Bosnia.

Most of the Muslims I know from Bosnia are very pious and are very disciplined. If you ever meet someone from Bosnia, give them MUCH respect because most likely they have gone through many hard times that most people can't even fathom.

Selam'un Alyküm My Friend,

I'll say that I'm sorry about my bad English at the beginning ok? I was fool in the English lessons :D

There are too many questions that I wanna ask a Bosnian Brother. I hope you have time. I'll ask some now, and perhaps more later.

My 1. question is; Do you know if Bosnia became help from Turkey in the Bosnia War (Massacre). Sorry... I was small but I know some people that is gone to Bosnia for the war. Be sure I would come too if I were older. But I don't know much if Bosnia become political help. I spoke with a Bosnian Soldier in Sarajevo and he told us that Turkey did sent many weapons and gave bribe to the croatiens to let the helps free... But I wanna know what the Bosnian people know about this...

My 2. question is; What thing the Bosnians about us (Turks). I was 3 times in Bosnia & tell you I love Bosnia. I'm a University in Germany and (elhamdülillah) I've seen many countries in Europe. I always told people that I can't live in another Country except Turkey. But after I saw Bosnia I can say I can live and die in Bosnia with pleasure :D .I see every Bosnian people (the other moslems too of course :D ) as my brothers and sisters. I bought some books from Sarajevo but in all of them the Turks were shown as brutal people. What do you thing about us (and about or Ottoman Empire of course)???

I'll ask more questions but you have to answer these first...

PLaese pray for me everyone :D I love you all my friends...

Esselamün Aleyküm...

Salaam Aleikum,

I have recently converted to Islam. I feel like a better person and that my soul has been cleansed by the almighty Allah. I would also like to add that i am a Bosnian. Let me explain about Islam in Bosnia.

Since the war has ended Bosnian Muslims have became more attatched to Islam. Around 43% of Bosnia is Muslim. The biggest cities:

1.Sarajevo - 450,000 (80% Muslim)

2.Banja Luka 150,000 (Christian orthodox mainly)

3.Tuzla - 120,000 (90% Muslim)

4.Zenica - over 100 thousand - around 85% muslim

(note these are rough figures).

As you see muslims are majority in most major cities.

There i told you a little about Islam in Bosnia:)

My 2. question is; What thing the Bosnians about us (Turks). I was 3 times in Bosnia & tell you I love Bosnia. I'm a University in Germany

I'm from Bosnia, however as soon as the war emerged, my family moved to Germany. I spent about 7 years there before I moved to the USA. Since you ask about Turks, I have nothing but great things to say. The Turkish population as you may know (especially in Berlin, where I lived) is probbaly the leading Immigrant Nation in Germany. Although, neither one of us (Bosnian or Turks) were in our home country, Islam made it that much easier to bond and connect with our borthers and sisters.

As'Salaam Alaikum

3.Tuzla - 120,000 (90% Muslim)

Tuzla is a Turkish name,its called in Istanbul as a state :sl: nice similarity :sl:

Merhaba,

i am new to the forum. My name is Avdo i have in curious search to find out more about my religion. And yes i know the Bosnian Muslims have become more fundamental since the war.

Assalam alaikum Bosnian1,May Allah grant your wish to learn more about Islam.

There are many books on Islam by many scholars from different countries.

You can read the book "Introduction to Islam" by Dr.Mohammed Hamidullah,a scholar who

spent more than forty years in France,spreading the knowledge of Islam.

His books have been translated into various languages.Now he is no more in this world.

I also recommend you to read the book "Road to Mecca" written by the late

Mohammed Assad ,who was an Austrian Jew before converting to Islam.

In this thought provoking book,he has narrated his journey he made in

the Middle-East ,and the circumstances which lead him to embrace Islam.

His masterpiece is the translation of the Holy Quran, with commentary.

The title of this beautiful book is "The Message of the Ouran"

Hope this helps you a bit.

I'm also very interested in Bosnia, and how you guys are doing, what your problems are and how you view the other, Christian, Europeans. I like your religious leader, Mustafa Ceric, his picture is on my website. He's an example for Europeans, who should become Muslims anyway. Please answer some of these things I want to know, and if you have time tell me what you think of my website, the site is only one page and contains fun images.

Bosna moja :sl:

Nisam bosanska al volim puno!

Bosnia has so much to offer in terms of teaching Islam. Bosnians have such a great mind set and such big hearts. May Allah reward them all for the genocide that was placed upon their home and keep them safe.

Well hi there im Bosnian too but im not very into Bosnia im more into middle east especially Turkey Istambul is beautiful wallah. I am planning to visit of course Mecca and other places as well, I know that many middle easterners helped us during the rough times in Bosnia im very grateful for that THANK YOU may Allah reward all of you

Even though I am couple years late for adding my reply (hehehe) I will still post this. I think Bosnians have been through a lot and being Bosnian myself and growing up in a war, I speak from experience.

I would have to disagree that relegion of Islam in Bosnia now is weaker then in the past. I think it is actually much stronger since the war. Muslim brothers and sisters have come together and are holding strong. If they didnt, we would probably not have land, homes in Bosnia.

Assalamu Alaikum, I am not from Bosnia, but have very good Bosnian friends and I am proud of them. They are good practicing Muslims, he whole family and extended family, so I would have to say that Bosnians are not much different from any other country, there are those who are mindful of Deen and then there are those who don't care much and want to lead a carefree life. I also agree with selmic that war and hard times bring out the best in people and as my Bosnian friend says, going through the War and the hardships of that time, their Faith has become more stronger than before.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Asselamu Aleykum,

No one has started a topic about Bosnia (how can yours forget about us? :sl: ), so I will start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out!!

Now a day, a country is going along the step of Bosnian Communist Leader, Burma(Myanmar).

We have learned unforgetable days in Bosnia but we should not wait until which is happen in Burma(Myanmar)

AbuNuoMan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out!!

Now a day, a country is going along the step of Bosnian Communist Leader, Burma(Myanmar).

We have learned unforgetable days in Bosnia but we should not wait until which is happen in Burma(Myanmar)

AbuNuoMan

------------------------------------------------------

Here are Anti Islam Blogs from Burma(Myanmar)

######anti786.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

######antiallah.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kyeesaytaman.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

######ywetwar.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

padaukmyay.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_myanmartruthers.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/

Check it out, who is anti Allah, anti 786 .....

Don't forget Burma(Myanmar) who challengeing Islamic World!

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmetula Wa Barakatuhu

Thank You auntie UmAhmad for your kind words :sl:

I'll express the truth in how I feel about my Bosnian "Muslim" brother and sisters.

I think that Bosnia does not care much about Ummah because look at all the support our Muslim brothers and sisters gave us during the war all the donations etc.. what has Bosnia EVER done for Muslims??? I know that Bosnia is a poor country but still we could gather together and gone to Iraq or gaza to join as Mujadedin.

Another thing about us "knowing a lot" i disagree 100%

Bosnia is a Muslim country I know a pleanty of Bosnians who dont know how to pray including my parents. A town where I lived hated prophet Isa (phub) i did too until I read the Quran. I know many older folx who never knew that he was a prophet well due to illiteracy etc..

There are also additions to Islam I myself found about.

In the other hand there are those who are sincere in deen but we youth, its up to us to do something.

I hope that you brothers and sisters change my views and disappointment on my country.

shukran

Edited by Allahs Religion is serious

Bosnia is not in Iraq... not in great numbers no but the Bosnian army is here.

Before I say what i have to say i am not bosnian but my husband is and that is where we decided to make our home. And i know i have much to learn but i am learning.

I understand your dissapointment and i agree everyone can always do more. and understanding bosnia does not have the resources that other countries have is the first step.

you maybe right in saying many dont know how to pray but with every religion you have that. you have those whos heart is full and those who are searching... for someone to show them the way.

i know this is an Islamic forum and i am studing but to be honest i can not think of a koranic verse that suits so forgive me if i use one from the prophit jesus... he said... judge not least you be judged yourself. if somethingf you are dissapointed do not judge but do something to spead the love that you have. challenge others to open their hearts. spread the teachings you are learning.

I know plenty of people who have little and yet every chance they get they give all they can their neighbours that have less. that is one of the things that inspired me to move to bosnia from america. perhaps the quantity is not what matters but the thought and love behind it... that is something we dont do in the states.

i dont mean this to sound bad but before you loose pride in your country know that every country has people who have lost their way... dont look at the negitive look at this as a way for you to do something good.

OPPPPS I mean bosnia IS in iraq just not in great numbers... i type too darn fast sometimes :-(