Islamic Forum
urbarbie

Have To Wear Hijab Or Not Have To Wear Hijab

Assalamailikum Bro &Sis!

I'm a new convert, and I've weared Hijab since the first date I became muslim. I feel happy to do that and feel Allah always smile to me because of that, but I know it will have pressure when i go back to my own country. In these few month, some muslims come to me and tell me 'you don't have to wear Hijab!" I always said there is only one path is right. I believe I will keep doing it.

But yesterday, there is an Iraqi come to tell me again. He said there is no word about Woman should wear Hijab and cover their hair in Quran. He said Arabic is his language and he read that only prophet Muhammadan ask his wife to cover herself to avoid other man's bad appetency. Anyway, i did research yesterday, of course I can not read Arabic, but I found the translation of Quran. It said not only to prophet Muhammadan's wife but also his daughters and female believers. Is that right???And only there r some words to talk about covering and Hijab in haddith.

Anyway, maybe this title is an old title sb has asked before. Cuz this is the first time I come to this Forum, Pls help me. I confused that:

1)some muslim they said we should toe the mark of Quran and Haddith. But Quran is from Allah and Haddith is from the human being...Should we follow Haddith and believe that?

2)Quran just said should cover and cover their front body. But doesn't have word about how to cover....So we go to Haddith, is that the right thinking mode of all rules?

Thanks for answer.

(Thank a lot for Aamina's answer you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=145392, I move the topic herenow. I'm keen to get more opinion.)

PropellerAds

Asslaamu Aleykum sister,

It is obligatory on the Muslimah to wear Hijaab, and the evidence for this can be found in the Qur'aan & Sunnah

It said not only to prophet Muhammadan's wife but also his daughters and female believers. Is that right

Yes, you are right sister, Allah says in Surah Al-Ahzaab, Verse 59 ''O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. ''

Allah also said in Surah An-Nur, Ayah

31 ''And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.''

The veil is that which comes down from the head and covers the face, and the jilbaab is an outer garment with which a woman covers herself, leaving no part of her body showing.

What the Iraqi man said is a mistake, because hijaab is obligatory for women. Allaah is the One Who has commanded women to cover their adornments, including the face, bosom and all their adornments. This has been enjoined upon women as a protection against abuse and temptation. That is because women are the focus of desire, and the focus of what those who are tempted look at. So if a woman uncovers her beauty she will provoke desire, and people will become attracted to her and will follow her. This is the cause of many immoral actions such as adultery and the things that lead to it.

. Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: "May Allah have mercy on the women of the early emigrants. When Allah revealed the Ayah:

(and to draw their veils all over their Juyub), they tore their aprons and Akhtamar (veiled) themselves with them.'' Safiyyah bint Shaybah that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, used to say: "When this Ayah:

(and to draw their veils all over their Juyub) was revealed, they took their Izars (waistsheets) and tore them at the edges, and Akhtamar (veiled) themselves with them.''

So if this was not obligatory the female companions would not have done it, rather they all done it which proof it's obligatory

As for the Prophet being human and so forth...then read this hadeeth:

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah bin `Amr said, "I used to record everything I heard from the Messenger of Allah so it would be preserved. The Quraysh discouraged me from this, saying, `You record everything you hear from the Messenger of Allah , even though he is human and sometimes speaks when he is angry' I stopped recording the Hadiths for a while, but later mentioned what they said to the Messenger of Allah , who said,

«ÇßúÊõÈú¡ Ãóæó ÇáøóÃöí äóÃúÓöí ÈöíóÃöåö ãóÇ ÎóÑóÌó ãöäøöí ÅöáøóÇ ÇáúÃóÞ»

(Write! By He in Whose Hand is my soul, every word that comes out of me is the Truth.)'' Abu Dawud also collected this Hadith.

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÍúãäö ÇáÑøóÍöíãö

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Firstly Welcome to the Forum Dear Sister and to the religion of Islam, may it give you peace and ease in this world.

Alhamdulillah, it’s great to know you feel happiness at observing the Hijab and have done so since you became muslim. It’s a great spirit to have and shows you have inner strengthen to withstand the comments of others and hold to what you believe.

"Revelation of Al-Hijab

Hadith - Bukhari 1:148

“The wives of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam) used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam)went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab"

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm[using large font size is not allowed].”

The links below should provide a little more information to you, insha’Allah.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hijabvirtue.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hijabvirtue.html[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hijabconds.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hijabconds.html[/url]

You have the right thinking mode, we as muslims turn to the Qur’an, the word of our Lord. The Sunnah of Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam) that being his ways and the Ahadiths, which covers what the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam) said and did. We also have teachers, such as Imams and scholars of Islam for matters that need more depth or even if there is something you don’t understand.

The above post has pretty much covered what everything, what I say now will only be repeated so I will stop here.

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu