Islamic Forum
Barayev

Islam in Chechnya

Chechen Children Struggle For Survival

GROZNY, November 19 (IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link) & News Agencies) - Images of suffering children and mothers are everywhere in the emergency ward single room of Grozny's children's hospital.

A six-month-old child suffering from septicemia lies on an adult's bed, crying endlessly.

Two children aged three months are suffering from bronchial pneumonia.

The alarm system on two incubators began to wail, and the nurse set off for the balcony to switch on an emergency generator.

"We have power cuts every day," she explained.

In the daily struggle to survive in Chechnya, lack of medical equipment and supplies in the war-torn country is taking its toll on children, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported.

Furthermore, international aid is unable to cope in the fight against illness and malnutrition.

"Bronchial pneumonia is the main disease of small children," said Sultan Alimkhadzhiev, chief doctor at Grozny's children's hospital.

"Their immune system is weak because of the abysmal sanitary conditions and the poor health of their mothers," Alimkhadzhiev lamented.

Although UNICEF and Medecins du Monde have enough drugs to treat 90 percent of diseases, Alimkhadzhiev said, the Chechen hospital don't have the equipment for example to detect cases of tuberculosis, which are becoming more and more common.

"We have the impression that the world has forgotten Chechnya. Every day one or two children die because of insufficient equipment or medication," he said.

84 % Of Children Ill:

As many as 84 percent of Chechen children suffer from neurological and psychological illnesses, said Hasan Gadayev, the head of Chechen Ministry of Health's maternity and child health division.

The information was revealed in an All-Russian Children's Health Survey during which 320,000 children underwent routine checkups in Chechnya.

According to Gadayev, more than 40 percent of the children have pathological vision and hearing problems, while about 70 percent of those examined have tuberculosis.

"This is an extremely high rate of incidence," he noted.

"So of course we dispensed proper medication and also preventative treatment, such as placement in special rehabilitation centers for those who live in areas where tuberculosis is widespread," he added.

The consequences of the Russian military attacks, the Health Ministry official warned, will have a major impact on the health of our children for many years to come.

Endless Fear:

The Grozny hospital was not saved from the Russian bombing as it has only 150 beds out of the 312 it is supposed to possess.

The missing beds are in a bombed-out part of the building, and repair work has been delayed indefinitely for lack of funds.

The southwestern district in which the hospital is located, Chernorechy, was particularly badly affected by bombing in the early stages of the second Chechen invasion four years ago.

Russian military vehicles spreading in the Chechen capital of Grozny cause daily fear even for ambulances which avoid traveling at night when they risk being fired on by Russian troops at the city's many checkpoints.

The water supply was destroyed during the first Chechen invasion (1994-96), and water is delivered in a truck by the Polish Humanitarian Organization which also supplies schools and hostels for displaced persons.

The water program, financed by the European Union which has earmarked 26 million euros (31 million dollars) for humanitarian aid including medical care to Chechens both inside Chechnya and in neighboring Ingushetia, serves around 59,000 people.

Reduced Numbers

Among its beneficiaries are the children of School 41, in central Grozny.

In the main hall where the day's meals are served, with desks as tables, a group of 30 children wait for their lunch of soya supplied by the World Food Program (WFP) and distributed to all Chechen schools by the Danish Refugee Council.

"This is their lunch. Tomorrow it will be rice. We also provide rolls filled with meat, for two rubles (five cents) each," a kitchen-worker said.

The WFP provides 68,000 hot meals a day for the children of Grozny and the republic's six outlying regions.

The damage caused by the Russian invasion has also reduced by half the number of children the school is able to receive, its 700 children squeezed into the sole building that has remained intact.

"Our main problem is repairs," director Lisa Saidkhasanova said, pointing to the bombed-out buildings with their roofs caved in.

"There are lots of children who would love to study, but we don't have the room, or they stay at home," she said.

Thirty-four children are crammed into a small primary class-room, heated by a stove donated by the Red Cross.

However difficult their situation, these children are well-off compared with their comrades in the refugee camps in neighboring Ingushetia, where 7,000 children are able to receive some rudimentary education only because UNICEF is paying their teachers' salaries.

At least 100,000 civilians and 10,000 Russian troops are estimated to have been killed in both wars, but human rights groups have said the real numbers could be much higher.

The Russian military has a record of abuses in the Islamic republic, raising Russian and international waves of criticism.

The U.N. Human Rights Committee slammed in a panel on November 7 the ill-treatment of detainees under interrogation, executions and torture in the republic of Chechnya.

Earlier, the Russian human rights watch-dogs issued a book on October 8 documenting hundreds of cases of civilians killed or abducted in Chechnya.

The 542-page volume covers abuses recorded from eyewitness accounts by activists working in Chechnya from July to December 2000 - a period in which Russia's main attack on the Chechen Caucasus republic had been completed.

PropellerAds

Russia Bans Tarawih Prayer In South Chechnya

GROPZNY, October 30 (IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) - The Russian military administration has banned Tarawih and prevented inhabitants of south Chechnya from performing the prayer, triggering a wave of condemnation of Chechen Muslims, particularly the elders.

Russian media quoted an administration official as saying the ban was motivated by fear that independence-seekers would exploit the prayer to encourage more attacks against the Russian forces during the Muslims holy fasting month of Ramadan.

The decision sparked off anger among the Muslim population, especially elderly Chechen Muslims.

Dagestan Pravda reported that some of the elders sent a message to the Russian military administration to allow them to perform Tarawih prayer in Masjids, but have not received any answer to date.

The Russian military authorities also slapped a curfew in southern areas from 2100 pm up to 700 am, practically preventing people even from performing Fajr (Dawn) prayer.

However, moving to the north of Chechnya, particularly the capital Grozny, where a larger number of Russian forces is deployed, Tarawih has not been banned.

Pro-Moscow Chechen police tour Masjids and detain those suspected of belonging to Chechen resistance.

The Russian military administration has approved broadcasting Tarawih on local television.

During Ramadan, Chechen men and women used to gather every day for Tarawih prayer, recitation of Qur’an and religious sermons.

Iftar

Chechen villages are famous for holding collective Iftars, with one family cooking for the rest of the village once during the month.

In case there are more than 30 families in a village, two or three families could share in preparing one Iftar.

Children of Chechen "Spetzoperations"

by Anna Politkovskaya

Novaya Gazeta

May 19 2002

Do you still think you should be supporting the war in Chechnya because of some aim that's being pursued, so things wouldn't get worse? We have reached a stage in Russia now, where every schoolchild knows that Chechnya is being "cleaned", and adults no longer bother with the inverted commas.

"Zachistka" in this sense entails thoroughly sorting out someone or something and, on the whole, we prefer not to enquire too closely into who or what. For this meaning of this old word we have the war in Chechnya to thank, and more particularly the high-ranking military brass who routinely update us on television with the latest news from Russia's Chechen ghetto, popularly known as the "Zone of Anti- Terrorist Operations".

It is March 2002 and the thirtieth month of the second Chechen war. "Zachistka", if we are to believe the military, is precisely the aim of the current "special measures". From last November until now, lunatic waves of special measures have been sweeping over Chechnya: Shali, Kurchaloy, Tsotsan-Yurt, Bachi-Yurt, Urus-Martan, Grozny; again Shali, again Kurchaloy; Argun again and again; Chiri-Yurt.

Towns and villages are besieged for days; women wail; families try desperately to evacuate their adolescent sons - where to doesn't matter providing it's a long way from Chechnya; village elders stage protest demonstrations. Finally, we are regaled with general Moltenskoy himself, our supposed commander-in-chief of the 'Front Against Terrorism', festooned with medals and ribbons, there on the television screen, pumping adrenalin, larger than life; and invariably against a background of corpses and "cleaned" villages.

The general reports some recently achieved "significant success". But there's still no Khattab with Basayev.... And you know full well that something isn't right, because you went to school when you were little and can do enough mental arithmetic to add up the numbers of enemy fighters he claims to have caught over the past winter. It amounts to a whole regiment of them. Just the same as in last year's warfare season.

So, how many fighters are still there? What exactly does "zachistka" involve? What is the truth, and who is telling it? What have these special measures actually turned into? What is their aim? Last, and most important, what are their results?

His eyes looked so calm

- I was relieved when they took us out to be shot.

- Relieved? What about your parents? Didn't you think about them then, and how sad they would be?

Mahomed Idigov, recently taken out to be shot, is 16.

He is a pupil in the tenth grade of School No 2 in the town of Starye Atagi, Grozny region. He has a favourite pair of jeans, a much loved tape recorder, and a stack of pop music cassettes which he enjoys listening to. He's a typical 16-year-old. The only disturbing thing about him is his eyes, which have the level steadiness of an adult's. They don't go with his teenager's skin problems and adolescent gawkiness.

There something wrong, too, in the measured way Mahomed relates the story of what was done to him. In the course of "zachistka" he was subjected to the same electric torture as the grown men. Having themselves been tortured, these men pleaded with Russian officers not to torture the boy but to torture them again in his place.

- No way, was the reply. - We get good counter-terrorist information out of schoolboys.

When I ask about his parents, Mahomed pauses for a time. His eyebrows finally arch childishly as he tries not to cry. He manages, and replies clearly and directly, as you can when something's over,

- Other people get killed too.

Indeed. Why should Mohamed have it easier than other people. Everybody is in the same situation. The "zachistka" of Starye Atagi from 28 January to 5 February was the second time the town had been "cleaned" in 2002, and the twentieth time since the beginning of the second Chechen war.

It is subjected to "special measures" nearly every month. The official explanation is plausible: with a population of around 15,000, Starye Atagi is one of the largest towns in Chechnya. It is 20 kilometres from Grozny and ten from the so-called "Wolf's Gate", as Russian soldiers call the entrance to the Argun Gorge. It is considered a trouble spot full of terrorist wahhabites and their sympathisers.

But what has this to do with Mahomed? On the morning of 1st of February, when the twentieth "zachistka" was at its most ferocious, masked men seized the boy from his home in Nagornaya Street, threw him like a log into a military truck and took him to a "filtration point", where he was tortured.

- It was very cold that day. First we were "put against the wall" for several hours, which means you stand with your hands up and your legs apart, facing the wall. If you try to lower your arms you get beaten immediately. Any soldier who walks past is likely to hit you. They unbuttoned my jacket, pulled up my sweater and cut it into strips with a knife, like a clown's jacket.

- Why?

- Just to make me feel the cold more. They saw I was shivering.

I can't bear it. Mahomed is too dispassionate. I can't bear the calm, thoughtful look on his face as he relates his appalling story. I wish this child would at least cry and give me something to do. I could comfort him then.

- Did they hit you a lot?

- All the time. On the kidneys. Then they put me on the ground and dragged me through the mud by the neck.

- What for? Did you know why they were doing it?

- Just because. For fun.

- But were they trying to get something out of you?

- For a whole day there was nothing. They just hurt me. They took me to interrogation in the evening. They interrogated three of us. They showed me a list and said, "Which of these people are fighters? Where are they treated for injuries? Who is the doctor? Whose house do they sleep at? Which of your neighbours is feeding them?" I answered, "I don't know".

- And what did they say?

- They said, "Do you need some help?" And they tortured me with electric current. That's what they meant by helping. They connected the wires and turned a handle, like on a telephone. The more they turned it, the stronger the current that passed through me. They asked me where my older brother, "the wahhabite", was as well.

- And is he a wahhabite?

- No, of course not.

- What did you say?

- I didn't say anything.

- And what did they do?

- They passed the current through me again.

The war has been lost

- Did it hurt?

Mahomed's head on his thin neck slumps down below his shoulders, into his angular knees. He does not want to answer, but it is an answer I need.

- It hurt a lot then?

- Yes, a lot.

- Is that why you were relieved when they took you out to be shot?

Mahomed is shaking as if he has a high fever. Behind him is an array of bottles with solutions for medicine droppers, syringes, cotton wool, tubes.

- Whose is this stuff? It's for me. They damaged my kidneys and lungs.

There are a lot of people in the room, but it's as silent as if we were in an uninhabited, sound-proof bunker. The men are completely motionless. Somewhere outside the Idigovs' house the nightly artillery barrage is starting, but nobody so much as stirs at its uneven booming which sounds like the drums at a funeral.

I realise that this war, which from force of habit we still call an 'anti-terrorist operation' has been lost. It can't be continued solely for the momentary gratification of a group of people who long ago has gone mad. The silence is broken by Mahomed's father, Isa, a haggard man whose face is deeply etched with suffering.

- I was wounded serving in the Soviet army. I served on Sakhalin. I know the way things are. During the last "zachistka" they took my oldest son. They beat him up and let him go, and I decided to send him as far away as I could, to people I know, where he'd be safe. Was I wrong to do that? During this "zachistka" they've crippled my middle son, Mahomed. What am I to do? My youngest is already eleven. How long will it be before they start on him? Not one of my sons is a gunman. They don't smoke or drink.

- How are we supposed to live? I do not know how. I only know that this is unacceptable.

I know too how it has come about: our entire country has joined hands to follow the lead of our great statesmen (and not only Russia, but Europe and America too), and at the beginning of the twenty-first century we are acquiescing without a murmur in the torture of children in a present-day European ghetto mendaciously called a 'zone of anti-terrorist operations'. The children of this ghetto will never forget what we have done.

You give birth to a dead baby?

"Zachistka" began on 28th of January. In the evening several soldiers and armored vehicles surrounded the village. By dawn all streets were swarmed with APC's with their ID numbers painted over with mud. Very low, as if approaching for landing, above the village, helicopters hovered, and roof tiles as maple leaves in the fall wind, flew from the roofs away, leaving them uncovered. In the morning, on 29th of January, Liza Yushayeva, being in the last month of her pregnancy, went into labour. This frequently occurs unexpectedly and doesn't depend on the periods and parameters of "spetzoperations" set up by General Vladimir Moltenskoy, who commands the United Grouping in Chechnya. Liza's relatives went to ask military men, who were standing in the nearest encompassment, to let the pregnant women pass into the hospital, but they didin't allowed it for a long time. The women loudly shamed them, they said, you have also mothers, wives, sisters. But they answered that they arrived here to kill those who are alive, not to help those who are giving birth.

As a matter of fact, it turn out, when servicemen ended their rage, this "process" went ahead, but Liza couldn't go those 300 meters, which was the distance to the doctor, which also was closed by troops by their "zachistka's cell". So, they began to negotiate again, about a vehicle, and again time passed away. Finally, Liza was brought to the hospital. But since there, entirely other soldiers stood, they pinned down the arranged driver and Liza to the wall - like to a fighter, who's been captured: hands up, legs spread wide apart. Yushayeva endured "the wall" for sometime and then she began to faint. Soon, a baby was born, but it was dead.

Do you still think you should be supporting this war because of some aim that's being pursued and so things wouldn't get worse? Things cannot get worse. We have lost all sense of the morality and restraint we were taught in less tumultuous times, and something more vile and loathesome than we could ever imagine has erupted from the murkiest depths of our souls.

- Do you deliver a dead baby, because you weren't allowed to give birth to a live one? - point blank, like a shot, asked a woman looking into Magomed's room.

- If you know the answer, you are still a happy person.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Barak'Allah Feekum for the information brother.

I heard the other day that the term Chechnya was made up by the Russians and that the 'Chechnens' actually have another name. Do you know anything about this?

Chechens call themselves "Nokhchi".

As to the republic's name it used to be Checheno-Ingushetia. Then Chechnya and Ingushetia formed their own republics. In 1995 Chechnya became Ichkeria through the period of its de-facto independence from Russia in the late 1990s. Now its official name is once again Chechnya.

Some Chechens don't like the name, and some even call Russia "Rusnya" to make the point.

MOSCOW, February 7 (Itar-Tass) - A large group of mercenaries from

Arab countries is likely to come to Chechnya in the near time, a

spokesman at the North Caucasus Regional Operational Staff told

Itar-Tass on Monday.

"Such information has come to law enforcement agencies from a

member of one of illegal armed units who surrendered voluntarily,"

he said.

The group operates in the Vedeno district.

The former gunman said up to 40 militants who had taken camp

training in one of Arab counties were staying in a Chechnya-adjacent

territory and were ready to cross the border.

The military spokesman did not elaborate on measures taken by

command of federal forces to spot and destroy the foreign

mercenaries.

Family of Rudwan Abubaker says he wasn't bomb-making rebel

Last Updated Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:08:36 EST

CBC News

VANCOUVER - For the first time the family of Rudwan Khalil Abubaker has spoken publicly about his death and they're calling on Ottawa to do more to help.

This summer, Abubaker and a friend went on a pilgrimage to Mecca, then to visit family in Dubai. He then headed for Azerbaijan to attend a friend's wedding, but wasn't heard from again.

His name finally surfaced in the war-torn region of Chechnya, where Russian forces say they killed him in a shoot-out with rebel fighters.

Rudwan's brother, Amir says the news devastated the family of Eritrean refugees. His mother still grieves for her son, crying and praying he will return.

On Oct. 8, Russian special forces said they killed four rebels and that one of them was carrying the Canadian passport and B.C. driver's licence belonging to Rudwan Khalil Abubaker. The Russians say he was an explosives expert fighting alongside Muslim rebels in Chechnya.

But to the Abubaker family in Vancouver the news came as a shock. They say Rudwan was an avid soccer player, an aspiring model and a fan of hip hop music, not a bomb-making expert.

"He's not an explosives expert. He's not a terrorist. He's a model, a soccer player, an excellent soccer player, to the point he could have been playing on the Canadian national team," said Amir.

The family says the Canadian government is their only hope of piecing the story together, of finding out what happened and knowing once and for all if Rudwan is alive or dead.

The 26-year-old was born in Sudan, but was raised in East Vancouver where he graduated from high school in 1997.

Rudwan and his friend Kamal Elbahja left Vancouver in June. They flew to Saudi Arabia, then to Dubai to visit a cousin. "I was jealous about it. I wished I was in his place," said older brother Nasr. "In our culture the older person pays the price for the family. The young kids need to enjoy it. I was so happy for him, I said 'You go ahead.'"

But no one knows for sure what happened after the pair left Dubai. They said they were going to the wedding of another friend in Azerbaijan.

But CBC News has obtained copies of a plane ticket in Abubaker's name.

The two young men flew to Dagestan, a tiny Russian republic on the Caspian Sea, just 100 kilometres from the Chechen border. They landed on Aug. 23, the last anyone has seen of the pair.

Eldest brother Nasr believes his brother is dead. But his mother and Amir refuse to give up hope. Both choosing to believe he is in hiding and will someday return.

There are still many questions about the events concerning Abubaker that remain unanswered.

Kamal Elbahja, the young man traveling with Abubaker is still missing and the man whose wedding they were supposed to attend in Azerbaijan hasn't been seen since August.

The Abubakers have asked for a DNA sample to prove the man killed in Chechnya was indeed Rudwan. But the Russians have refused. They buried the body where it lay and say there's no plan to exhume it.

ASLAMU ALIKUM!!

I swear by Allah, everytime i see news about chechnya something in me gets disturbed because i see their sadness and helpness and there suffering. I hope one day, chechnya will have the upper hand in Russia. Insha'Allah......... :D

p.s Let's make du'a for the people in chechnya......AMEEN.........

Let us also pray for the Kurds to take the upper hand in Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Azerbaijan and other countries... Inshallah they will have a state of their own.

By The Associated Press

STRONG VOTE: Iraqi Kurds hope their apparent strong showing in the Jan. 30 national elections will strengthen their case for self-rule.

KURDISH PRESIDENT?: The position of prime minister will likely go to a Shiite, while the largely ceremonial position of president could go to a Kurd.

INDEPENDENCE WANTED: Kurds really want independence, but leaders say they'll work within the system now to push for federalism and self-rule.

WARY GROUPS: Arabs and Turkomen are nervously watching developments, fearful the Kurds will press demands at their expense.

Edited by Russian Visitor

Assalam Alaikum

Russian visitor , what do you think of the ceasefire offered by the mujahideen to the russians?

Do you think Putin should accept the ceasefire?

It seems the russians dont want the war to end.

Salam brother Barayev

i have an quistion..... are chechnya brothers some or a lot of them turks????? i heard that the 40% of chechns are turks......... can i have informmation from u

Assalam Alaikum

Russian visitor , what do you think of the ceasefire offered by the mujahideen to the russians?

Do you think Putin should accept the ceasefire?

It seems the russians dont want the war to end.

Putin and Chechen leaders (pro-Moscow) don't want talks with Maskhadov for several reasons:

1. Talks will amount to Moscow's recognition of Maskhadov's legitimacy

2. Talks will amount to Moscow admitting its defeat

3. Talks with Maskhadov will alienate Moscow from Alu Alkhanov, Ramzan Kadyrov and other Chechens whose clan has come to power in Chechnya and who now side with Moscow

4. Maskhadov doesn't control all Chechen rebels and cannot speak for all of them

I personally would have used the ceasefire offer to start talks and try to end the war, but it seems that ending the war in not in the interests of the elites in Moscow and Grozny.*

As you probably know. the new Chechen leadership, led by Alkhanov, are negotiating a political and, more important, economic agreement with the Russian Federation (of which Chechnya is an integral part). The agreement would give Chechnya more authority in the economic sphere especially, especially ways to sell its oil and use proceeds to rebuild the war-ravaged republic (but also to steal a lot of money in the process :D

*I'm not yet in power

KHANKALA.  Feb  21 (Interfax-AVN) - Federal forces have carried out an operation  against militants in the Vedeno and Itum-Kale districts of Chechnya.

"Federal  units  learned  last  night that three groups, with up to five men  each,  were moving towards the Dagestani border in the Chechen highlands.  Two  groups  were  found,  and  two  militants were killed," representative  of  the  regional  headquarters  for  the  anti-guerilla campaign  in  the  North  Caucasus  Major  General  Ilya  Shabalkin told Interfax on Monday.

He  said  the  militants  planned  to  reach central Russia through Chechnya  and  Dagestan  in  order  to  commit terrorist acts. "There is information  that  the  militants  were  directly  subordinate to Shamil Basayev, Aslan Maskhadov and Doku Umarov," he said.

Federal  forces  did not suffer any losses in the operation and are still searching for militants, Shabalkin said.

Meanwhile,  thirteen homemade bombs were found in Chechnya's Vedeno district.  Shabalkin  said  the  militants  planned to take the bombs to Dagestan.

MOSCOW.  Feb  21  (Interfax-AVN)  - An al Qaeda member known as Abu Dzeit has been killed in the Russian internal republic of Ingushetia.

"A  joint  operation  with the Interior Ministry was conducted in a private  house in a village in Ingushetia on February 16," spokesman for the Federal  Security  Service  Sergei  Ignatchenko  told  reporters  on Monday.

"The   operation  first  resulted  in  the  death  of  two  of  his accomplices.  Abu  Dzeit  hid in a special bunker built under the house. When the entrance was discovered, he blew himself up," Ignatchenko said.

He said investigators identified the body as Abu Dzeit's.

KHANKALA.  Feb  21  (Interfax)  -  Two  terrorist  acts  have  been committed  in  Chechnya  and  Ingushetia, representative of the regional headquarters  for the anti-terrorist campaign in the North Caucasus Maj. Gen. Ilya Shabalkin told Interfax on Monday.

"A  homemade bomb was set off in the Leninsky district of Grozny. A Grozny resident  on  his way home suffered shrapnel injuries," Shabalkin said. The  wounded  man  is  an  employee of the security service of the republic's communications department.

"In  addition,  a homemade bomb exploded near a secondary school in the Ingush town of Malgobek," Shabalkin said.

"No  schoolchildren  were  hurt though the bomb was set off at 1:30 p.m. when children were going home," he said.

A terrorist  act  planned  by members of the Rappani Khalilov group has also  been prevented in Makhachkala, Dagestan. A bomb of up to three kilograms  TNT  was  found on a busy crossroad. The bomb had been loaded with metal balls and bolts.

Investigators are looking for the individuals who planted the bomb, Shabalkin said.

And you (I) say Iraq is dangerous...

Edited by Russian Visitor

Salam brother Barayev

i have an quistion..... are chechnya brothers some or a lot of them turks????? i heard that the 40% of chechns are turks......... can i have informmation from u

I'm not Barayev, but Chechens, or Nokhchi, are a totally separate group from Turks, or other nationalities to this effect. Their language is different and their ethnicity is different. :D

Selam aleykum brother

Is Seyh Samil also turk?? i watched him films...... verry good modjaheedin :D

Like AMIR HATTAB

Salam brother Barayev

Walaikumsalam bro , sorry about my late reply , i havent been able to post during the last few days.

I dont know what you mean when you say that 40 % of Chechens are Turks , as Russian Visitor said they're different nationalities.

If your talking about the Mujahideen then , yes there are some Turkish brothers who are fighting in Chechnya .

I posted some pictures of the Turkish brothers in Chechnya a few weeks ago.

I know that the Chechen Mujahideen are grateful to the Turkish people for helping the Chechen refugees who had to leave Chechnya because of the war. There was a statement by Commander Shamil Basayev thanking the Turkish people for their support.

Selam aleykum brother

Is Seyh Samil also turk?? i watched him films...... verry good modjaheedin smile.gif

Like AMIR HATTAB

Are you refering too Shamil Basayev. If so then he is Chechen not a Turk. He is one of the main commanders of the Mujahideen.

Yes the mujahideen films are very good , i agree!! :D

Salam Aleykum brother:))))

Selam i mean the modjaheedin that has lived in 18th :D he is a great modjaheedin i dont know who is shamil basayev:D

Salam bro.

Oh you were talking about Imam Shamil! Yes he was a great Mujahid , that was a long long time ago. He wasnt a turk i dont think.

Now there is another famous fighter called Shamil , like the old Imam Shamil! :D

it's realy sad the situation in chechnya,honestly they are ignored by both muslims and non muslims alike :D

MOSCOW (AFP) - Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, one of Russia's most wanted men, has been killed in Chechnya (news - web sites), according to Russian news agencies who quoted Russian federal forces in the northern Caucasus.

"I confirm that Maskhadov was killed in the village of Tolstoi-Yurt," General Ilya Shabalkin, spokesman for the headquarters of Russian troops deployed in the region, was quoted by several Russian news agencies as saying.

Shabalkin said there was fighting in the area at the time and said Maskhadov, the president of separatist forces opposed to Russian rule in Chechnya, was hiding in a bunker under a building in the village of Tolstoi Yurt when he was killed.

Shabalkin added that Maskhadov's body had been identified but the Russian news agencies said he had provided no further details on the circumstances of the death.

Maskhadov has claimed responsibility for a number of attacks against Russian forces in the region and has been blamed by Russia for involvement in many other attacks on non-military targets including the Beslan school hostage massacre last September and a mass hostage-taking at a Moscow theater in 2002.

A reminder by IF Moderator:

We remind our members that discussing politics is not allowed in IF. We only allow the posting of:

- news (at: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/News-f140.html)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/News-f140.html)[/url]

- articles (at: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles-f127.html)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles-f127.html)[/url]

Posting any political issue is a violation of IF rules.

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre

Salam

^ The russians will pay a heavy price inshallah for this death of president maskhadov.

Shortly after president dudayev was killed in the first war , chechens took back their country from the russians , inshallah they will do it again,

We remind our members that discussing politics is not allowed in IF. We only allow the posting of:

- news (at: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/News-f140.html)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/News-f140.html)[/url]

- articles (at: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles-f127.html)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles-f127.html)[/url]

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre

Salam

^ The russians will pay a heavy price inshallah for this death of president maskhadov.

Shortly after president dudayev was killed in the first war , chechens took back their country from the russians , inshallah they will do it again,

- news (at: "http://forums.gawaher/News-f140.html)"]forums.gawaher/News-f140.html)[/url]

- articles (at: "http://forums.gawaher/Articles-f127.html)"]forums.gawaher/Articles-f127.html)[/url]

Barayev;bro...i am so sorry about the people of Chechenya.They are suffering a lot...i dont want any Chechens to die anymore...

A country of 750.000 is fighting against 200.000.000 populated RUSSIA...

when it is said Chechen;i always figure out bravery and freedom in my brain...

war in iraq,war in afghanistan;

if Chechens were populated in iraq or in afghanistan;invaders would be running away NOW...

i am Turkish immigrator whose ancestors are from Thessalonica-Grabene...when i hear about the immigration stories from my grandpa;i become sad brother...and Chechens are suffering the same now.

but what i pray is;the peace between Russia and Chechenya.

i dont want anymore Chechens to die.

i am not a praying muslim.i believe Allah but dont pray for 5 times...when the war began and when we watched T.Vs i wanted to go to Chechenya to fight when i was 14 years old...i saw my father and mother crying when they were watching T.V...

After that we forgot Chechenya;maybe because of our government

:D :D :D

but when i heard that Mashadov was killed;i got my feelings back...and saw the truth;

The most heroic nation in the world are Chechens and even the haters of Chechens know that...

We all love you.

Selam aleykum brother basayev and all chechynian brothers

InshaAllah 1 day wil be peace in Chechnya :D InshaALLAH dont worry brothers

Take care thanks for all information..... selaam..

Assalamualaikum,

brother, i am keen to know more about the crisis in Chechnya, i mean ...actually i don't understand how it started..let me tell u something, i'm 15 so please don't explain to me with a difficult word, i heard they talked a lot about chechnya just don4t know what are their main fight...and if u have some photo, it would be helpfull!

tq

sister in Islam