Islamic Forum
Barayev

Islam in Chechnya

PropellerAds

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.threemonkeysonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/threemon_article_chechnya_russ_second_afghanistan.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.threemonkeysonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/threemon...afghanistan.htm[/url]

Gives an overview of the conflict in Chechnya and why it is happening. Obviously given from a Western viewpoint but its is an reasonable and fairly interesting read.

Islamic Relief has a section on Chechnya,

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-relief(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/projects/chechnya/index.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-relief(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/projects/chechnya/index.htm[/url]

Good impression of what going on plus is not as 'wordy' as the last article :D

Np sister :D , My uni course im doing is about Russian history so these links help me as well

i was wondering after i read those articles....

how come russia really wants to invade chechnya????

it is most likely like an israel-palestian conflict but why are't the news talk about it???

i have one more question...the majority of chechen is muslim right???? do they practice Islam???

i was wondering after i read those articles....

how come russia really wants to invade chechnya????

it is most likely like an israel-palestian conflict but why are't the news talk about it???

i have one more question...the majority of chechen is muslim right???? do they practice Islam???

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Chechnya"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Chechnya[/url]

This gives another overview of its history

Its not on the news over here in UK because the UK government has no interest in harming realtions with Russia. However having said this we do get infrequent reports of events happening there (eg, human rights abuses etc etc)

I hestitate to give any further opinions until I read up more about the subject. The only thing Ill say with certianty is that the the Msualims (and the other peoples of Chechnya) have had a miserable time of late :D :D

Salam alaykum

Sorry about my late response , i havent been on this site for some time.

Firstly i want to say to brother PTJ_MrQ , those two links(not the islaimc relief one, the other two) arent the best since they seem to give they accuse the Chechen mujahideen of thing they havent done and they give the impression that they are divided when they're not.

Ill try to keep it simple and short otherwise it'll take all day.

The "first" war started in 1994 when the russians invaded after Chechnya declared independance after the break-up of the Soviet Union. The Russians wanted to keep Chechnya as part of Russia and not a seprate country.

Alhumdulillah , the Chechens who were vastly outnumbered and had no airplanes , helicopters etc. were able to defeat the massive russian army by 1996.

In this period the Chechens introduced shariah law but there was alot of crime about , especially kidnapping for money. Some of it was blamed on russian agents who wanted to de-stabilize Chechnya.

In 1999 a few cities in Dagestan ( a neighbouring country) also followed Chechnya's example established Shariah law. The russians decided this was unacceptable and attacked these cities. The Dagestanis asked the Chechen Mujahideen (fighters) fo help and so Shamil Basayev led some Chechens over the border to help their muslim brothers. Also around about this time there were bomb blasts in russia which were blamed on the Chechens without any proof. Later it was discovered that some police men caught russian secret agents planting the bombs. It is widely believed that it was the russians who planted the bombs so they have an excuse to start trouble in chechnya.This gave russia the perfect reason to invade again and so they invaded in 1999 starting the second war.

The reason why you dont ever hear about the Chechnya on the news is that the russians have banned all independant journalists from Chechnya so they can hide their crimes, According to most reports that ive read about one-quarter of the chechen population (thats civilians , not fighters) has been killed. And about another quarter have fled the country, If you look at pictures of Grozny you'll just see rubble and piles of stone since the russians destroyed most of it.

Here is a good short simple article about Chechnya which you might wanna read :

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.bigeye(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/012300.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.bigeye(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/012300.htm[/url]

Also here is a small piece of a report by amnesty international about the treatment of muslim children in russian prisons across Chechnya:

Amnesty International has received disturbing testimony from a survivor of the Chernokozovo "filtration camp" that detainees, including women and children, have been raped and subjected to brutal torture.

"Musa" witnessed a 14-year-old girl being raped by a dozen prison guards in the corridor outside the cells in which he and other detainees were held. The girl had come to visit her detained mother and for the price of 5,000 Rubles she was permitted a five-minute meeting. Her five-minute meeting became a four-day ordeal during which she was locked in a cell, beaten and repeatedly raped by guards.

"Musa" also told Amnesty International about a 16-year-old boy called Albert, originally from the village of Davydenko, who was brought to his cell after being gang-raped and severely beaten by prison guards. One of his ears had been cut off and the guards referred to him by the female name of "Maria". "Musa" believes that up to 10 men were raped in the camp during his 21-day detention.

"Musa" shared a cell for one week with Andrey Babitsky, the Radio Liberty journalist. Among his other cell mates during his 21-day detention, were a man whose hands had been severely burnt by prison guards with cigarette lighters and a 17-year-old youth whose teeth had been sawn off with a metal file and whose lips were shredded, leaving him unable to eat, drink or speak. "Musa" estimated that 10-15 new detainees were brought to the camp each day. Among those he saw were 13-14 year-old girls.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_web.amnesty(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/library/Index/ENGEUR460192000?open&of=ENG-RUS"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_web.amnesty(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/library/Index/ENGEU...open&of=ENG-RUS[/url]

Salaam :D

Like I said need to look into the history more :D, though event though there probably is bias on those two webistes they do offer valuable information and prespectives on the conflict.

Guest amani

:D

just a reminder that this is for Islam in chechneya and for discussing the political issues of chechneya we have the political discussions section :D

Assalamu Aleikum Russian Visitor and the rest I'm a Chechen my name is i'm 13 years old Deni i live at this moment in Belgieum

In Chechenië i live in Achhoy-Martan my full name is Deni Bakriëv

Assalamu Aleikum Russian Visitor and the rest I'm a Chechen my name is i'm 13 years old Deni i live at this moment in Belgieum

Salam alaykum Deni

Nice to have a Chechen on here. Achhoy-Martan is near Katyr-Yurt isnt it , or somewhere around that area.

Do you still visit Chechnya?

Salam alaykum Deni

Nice to have a Chechen on here. Achhoy-Martan is near Katyr-Yurt isnt it , or somewhere around that area.

Salam alaykum Deni

I will visit chechen now because we got the documents to leave our contry (i'm living in belgium at this moment)

next year we will go to Chechnya on a vacation

chechnya.gif

Are you refering too Shamil Basayev. If so then he is Chechen not a Turk. He is one of the main commanders of the Mujahideen.

Yes the mujahideen films are very good , i agree!!  :D

Assalam-u-alikum

brother where can i get the videos..i wanna watch them. please :D

wasalam

still waiting............

hahahahahahahahaahaahhahahahah

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahahahhahahahhahahahaahha

ahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

hahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahah

hahahhaahahahahahahahhhahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahah

hahahahahhahahhahahah...

lol lol lol lol lol lol

sorry everyone...i was reading all the posts and then suddenly this one appears out of no where and hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

hahahahahahahahahah

i probably sound stupid but it seems sooo funny...

:D :D :D :D

P.S i am not a small kid but a 17 year old who happens to have some good sense of humour...

:D :D please dont scold me ...i know whats happening in chechnya and i wish i could become president of me country Pakistan and then i would threaten the bloody Russians with nukes and tell them to get the funch out of Chechnya

Indeed chechnyians are brave people.

Wasalam

Salam alaykum SJ54

I dont know if we're allowed to put the actual videos on here. I'll just give you a website.Theres loads of videos on there:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.kavkaz.com.uk/eng/video/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.kavkaz.com.uk/eng/video/[/url]

Watch this one :

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.kavkazcenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/battlefield_chechnya/helicopter.wmv"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.kavkazcenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/battlefield_.../helicopter.wmv[/url]

By: Muhammed Al-Shareef

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=lessons&lesson_id=91&scholar_id=14"]The worlds Bravest People[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.khutbah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.khutbah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Yopu guys have just GOT to listen to that kutbah :D

Ten years of Russian barbarism

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ihf-hr(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/galleries/images.php?prj_id=&sec_id=10&gal_id=17"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ihf-hr(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/galleries/images.php...id=10&gal_id=17[/url]

ÇáÓÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Úáíßã æÑÃãå Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜáÇã

My Dua is with my brothers and sisters that has been suffering for a long time may Allah help you all, I just love their spirits and characters

Fe Aman Allah .

Regular rape of Muslim women by Russian Soldiers:

Anna Politkovskaya

Sunday April 7, 2002

The Observer

The Russian soldiers came to the house of Markha and Taus Musayeva, two sisters who live on Nagornaya Street, in the Chechen village of Stariye Atagi, at 9am on 29 January and demanded cash. There was none.

'Then we will screw you in front of your mum and dad,' the soldiers said. They surrounded Markha, pushing her from one to the other and pulling her by the arms and hair.

Tearing herself away, she rushed to the man who seemed to be the most senior and was wearing a black mask.

'Give us 300 roubles,' the man said, 'and we won't screw you.' Taus, who was being held in another room, cried out: 'I'll run to the neighbours and bring it!'

But the same drama was being played out there. Soldiers had forced Milana Kutsayeva, a beautiful 18-year-old with an infant son in her arms, into her house while her husband and father-in-law were made to stand against the wall in the court yard. She was given a choice: be raped or pay 500 roubles.

It was the twentieth time the soldiers had come to Stariye Atagi on a 'clean-up' operation. Officially, the reason was to search for Islamist militants for whom this village of 15,000 is a stronghold.

These days, however, the raids are as much for self-enrichment as they are for any military purpose. Indeed, the villagers are used to surviving from one 'clean-up' to the next. They talk about their lives in a surreal fashion. 'Do you remember, that was during Clean-up Number 19?' they say. Or 'My neighbour was killed in Clean-up Number such-and-such.' But the eight-day 'passport-checking operation' that occurred here this year was the worst action since the start of the second Chechen war. The mass document-checking process in Chechnya has turned into mass looting, as the soldiers 'clean up' whatever they like, especially cash and jewellery.

This time, however, for the first time, the soldiers ravaged the village by extorting money - or indulging their own sexual pleasure. They took 300 roubles from the poorer-looking houses and 500 from the richer ones.

Women were spared rape if they handed over earrings and necklaces. The poorest in Stariye Atagi suffered most, because they had nothing to give the Russians. Milana Kutsayeva was able to pay off the soldiers, but Markha and Taus weren't - and suffered the brutal consequences.

Money was also demanded from men. Entering houses, the soldiers told them that if they paid up, they would be free from checks or suspicion of links with armed resistance groups. If they didn't, they could be taken away to 'filtration centres', where they would be interrogated and tortured.

Payments from men ranged from 500 to 4,000 roubles (£10 to £80), depending on their age (younger men paid more) and how wealthy they seemed. From Saidash Akhmadov, of Kooperativnaya Street, they extorted 3,500 roubles, as well as a consignment of chewing gum he was planning to trade worth 2,700 roubles.

Khozh-Ahmed Akhmadov, a man of nearly 70, paid 4,000 roubles - which he had saved for his own funeral.

For not destroying or not expropriating items, the soldiers demanded payment in return, with the price for a car, for example, beginning at 1,000 roubles.

According to the Russian general staff, 70,000 soldiers are facing 1,500 members of 'illegal bandit formations' in Chechnya. The 'clean-up' operation is deemed an essential part of the 'counter-terrorist' actions.

On this occasion in Stariye Atagi, the soldiers did not even check the villagers' documents.

'As always, the real bandits bought themselves out and sat it out at home,' said Said-Emin Apayev, who lives on Nagornaya Street. 'They have a deal with the federal forces.'

Apayev did not want to buy his freedom. So he was taken to a filtration point, where, together with eight Stariye Atagi police officers employed by the Russian authorities, he was tortured for three days and nights.

One of the policemen, Ramzan Sagipov, had been injured on duty in Grozny at the end of December. And so, on 1 February, his arm was in plaster, the stumps of his torn-off fingers were bleeding and shrapnel was digging into his legs. The soldiers seized him, took away his gun and began to beat him.

But didn't he cry out that he was a policeman? 'Of course,' said Sagipov, 'they said, "You're all one band! We will shoot you all! You are sheltering fighters!" Then they tied me up and threw me into the back of a military truck on top of bodies. They were other policemen who had tried to defend villagers from looting and rape. When I tried to lift my head, they immediately kicked me in the head or beat me with a rifle-butt.'

The men were taken to a semi-abandoned poultry farm on the edge of the village. 'First they drove us down the line,' said Sagipov. 'The soldiers formed two files facing each other and threw us out of the truck at their feet, so that each one could kick us, just as he wanted to. Then they put us against the wall. I was all bandaged up and one man came up, turned me to him and said, "He is sick", and immediately hit me with a truncheon over the head. Then they took off my bandages and began to squeeze, trample and crush me.' When they had finished with Sagipov, they let him go.

The operation ended on 5 February, when armoured cars, loaded with loot, left the village.

A few days later, other looters arrived, also wearing camouflage and black masks. These were members of one of the Wahhabi units, who were demanding 'money for jihad'. Like the Russian soldiers, they wanted money from young men, or would take them by force