Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
learning Islam

learning Islam

Salam Alaikum,

Wow...that was a long post, but well worth the read. :D it's great that you sought the truth even though you were not brought up by religion oriented parents. And i particularly liked the part where you said that you thought you were lucky being a revert because you know the real Islam, thats SO true- how many people here know others that just follow Islam because their parents do? Anyways, welcome to Islam :D !

PropellerAds

Salam,

first I wouldnt mind sis candle if you teach them here about shias, it would be a honour to bring the muslims more united in my thread!  But i guess it would be messy

yes brother you are right,so just pray to Allah that he unite us all under Islam :P & :D

salam,

Amani, I forgive you two, if you both give a hug and a kiss and stay in peace

lol we are at peace

lo........yeah i am at peace with my little sister.......... :D

Sister amani know what i mean........... :P

takecare all,

:w:

Guest amani
LOL! Im not a sister! :P

mmmmm...it happenned more than once now....I might have some problem... :D

lol i dont blame them :P look...

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 7086

(w00t) :D

ok ok im joking..this is the real thing...

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 7086

:D

Mashallah that was a beautiful story, despite the length!!

Reading your story made me think about my position as a muslim and how i take Islam for granted. subhanallah I owe so much to Allah for choosing Islam as my religion its a blessing which i cannot express in words. :D

As salam alaikum brothers and sisters,

my conversion to Islam...well...its fresh but I dont know how to start.

Eigth. I think the sunnah is how the Prophet (pbuh) acted, not how he dressed, whta he ate, etc. Putting your right shoe before the left one, or eating dates wont make us more muslims, but treating the women better and wishing for our brothers what we want for ourselves would. Thats why Im not convinced about the bear yet...I think that it was a measure to make muslims different from the rest, when the others shaved. I understand the other sunnah acts regarding the body, but not that one.

good and long story you have....but i did read it....anyway, what i;ll say, i know some people that they do everything Islamic in detail, beard , right food etc, but they dont know anything about shirk...even do not know verses etc...i think this is also an extreme....

that is very true.

us as born muslims, dont respect what we have.

but those who learn from the bottom and chose Islam later in life - ma'shallah first of all so rewarding...but they learn from the basics and learn carefully.

may Allah guide, protect and forgive us all.ameen.

:w:

ya sis your right....

learning Islam

i'm your sister should've had my pink ribbon on. :D

sister sunshinez amen to the dua.

:D brother learning Islam

any1 can make a mistake like that is not your fault every one gets into the gender confusion from time to time. (w00t)

have you got any ideas to how i can get my gender displayed under my name sorry to trouble you with my silly question. :D

Seventh. I would like to ask some muslims to stop using pictures like someone with machine guns prepared to kill, I know we should defend ourselves and some muslims are being abused and killed all the time. But that image brings more hate towards our religion. Why dont you put a heart instead of a machinegun? Love is more related to Islam than war.

I agree with that, pic of a muslim guy with a machinegun is such a turn off even to me as a believing muslimah. :D

I kinda liked ur story...it was rather interesting...I didn't knw you were a recent revert.... :D

heck I didn't even know you were so young..^^haha

w/s

Edited by sis Qassab

Asalamu Alaykum

Well I’m sorry it took so long to make a comment on your story akhi :D ….busy world ey? Anyway mashallah it was very moving, and interesting ideas were discussed in the post. I loved the end…the little bullet pointed sentence…my favourite was 9 (w00t) :D …I wish you health, strong iman and prosperity…in this life and the hereafter! :P

Salam,

Brother just reading your story makes me strengthen my iman. I was born as a Muslim and I have always accepted Islam to be my life, not because I was born in a Muslim family. I always try to follow Islam, e.g. praying, etc., but unfortunately I have never suceeded! I want to thank you for sharing your story, it makes me, and I'm sure other people too, strengthen our iman and think about Islam with a genuine and clear mind.

Salam.

Salaam..............

FINISHED :D :P :D :D

Ok so it took me like a month and a half to read it all, my motto is short and sweet :P Mashallah, am very happy for you brother and may Allah (swt) guide you and help you be stronger in your deen inshallah and all of us.

<------------ likes beards :D :D

Mashallah ... and Inshallah ... continue to inspire us with such discoveries :D

as salam alaikum,

thanks for your post and wishes, may Allah grant the same to you and all the Ummah :D

wa alaikum salam

AOA,

so so impressive your story is,no flatterring at all brother...actually i really appreciate people like you who are always in search of truth and this potential of yours made you to search for the real religion and ultimately you found the PURE LIGHT of Islam,you can say the NOOR of Islam!!!!!!!!!U are really a person who will be granted by Allah in the NEXT world inshaAllah and MAY Allah give you place in jannat ul firduas,ameen

keep ur head high and find more and more about Islam,this will give you the heights of success inshaAllah

MAY Allah give you best of all always

Asalaamo aleykum brother Learning Islam,

Don't know how times I read your story...

How did your family react now that you're a Muslim ? My biological family don't mind so much, have 3 brothers studying priesthood/missionary or something :D while others also non believing.....so they don't mind anything :D

Do they mind of your dicision or do you get weird looks ?

I loved reading this part:

Sixth. Before converting I thought that praying 5 times would be like delivering a baby! So many times! But when I got used to and strenghtened my iman its much more simple, and anyway, the time we use to pray we would have used it on superficial things that wouldnt matter if we did them or not.

Ever since I read that I keep it in mind when I feel like (astaghfirullah :P ) :"oooh again ???" it is great to keep your advise in mind !!

waleykum assalaam, :P