Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Apple Pie Pizza

:D

I hope I don't gross anyone out with this. :D I had this Apple Pie Pizza dessert, which might sound strange :D , but it was surprisingly delicious. :D It wasn't pizza, as there was no cheese or tomato sauce, but it was basically apple pie on a pizza crust rather than an ordinary pie crust.

Anyway, I thought of an idea on how to make this from home. I don't know if I would really try this, but here's the idea...

Basically, you can get a ready-made pizza crust, such as the Boboli crust. Then you get 1 can of generic apple pie filling from the baking section of the grocery store. Hopefully this can of apple pie filling would already include brown sugar and cinnamon as part of the ingredients. Then you take the apple pie filling and pour it onto the pizza crust. Finally, you bake the pizza crust according to the directions on the package. And there you have it.

So what do you think? Might it work? I hope I don't get made fun of. :D

7313001237.jpg

253_apple_pie.jpg

PropellerAds

No harm in experimentin bro. :D This is actually a pretty interesting idea.

I think it would work. My aunt made apple pie pizza with a regular pizza crust, soo, I think yours has a chance of coming out great. :D

Thanks little sis.

What did you mean by regular pizza crust? Do you mean homemade crust from scratch, or crust that's not thin & crispy? I like to have some thickness and chewiness to my pizza crust. If I do make this dessert, I hope I can find the right kind of pizza crust. Never bought it before. :D

not weird at all brother.. at school our teacher advises us to replace many dessert bases with a ready made pizza base...lol.... so hopefully it will turn out great.. :D .. do remember to post a picture after you make it!.. :D

Sounds very interesting brother, and also very simple instead of making it yourself from scratch. I personally would serve it with Custard!!! What do you think?

Your Muslim sis.

P.s. Do let us know how it tastes!

lol bro...its so funny how you always use "ready-made" things, but :D you do a wonderful job...

sounds good :D ...if your apples dont come with (brown sugar/cinnamon) you can just put some on...

:D for sharing this recipe with us bro! :D im sure its good

Thanks, sisters. :D

I personally would serve it with Custard!!! What do you think?

Well, I'm not a big fan of custard, but that would be a fine idea if you like custard. I would personally opt for whipped cream. It's so soft and fluffy and sweet... :D

lol bro...its so funny how you always use "ready-made" things, but  you do a wonderful job...

Thanks. I like using ready-made things when possible because it's easier. Hey, I'm a guy. :D By the way, I'm liking your new icon. Don't you just want to give that little guy a hug? :D

Guess what. I made the apple pie pizza dessert. I got a basic pizza crust and a can of apple pie filling. I poured the filling onto the bread and baked it at 425 degrees for 11 minutes. It turned out okay, but not perfect. The apple pie filling did have some syrup and spices in the can, but there wasn't enough flavor. So to make this recipe good, you need to add cinnamon and brown sugar. We had cinnamon, so I could add that after baking, but no brown sugar. :D Oh well.

By the way, this cooking stuff involves so much trial and error. For this and a couple other things I've made, I've realized after my first attempt what would need to be done so that it turns out better next time. Trial and error stinks in a way because I feel bad about time and resources getting wasted. Oh well.

Anyway, you wanna see pics, don't you? :D

applepizza16ar.jpg

applepizza27nc.jpg

mmmmm looks goods... :D... to bad it didnt turn out as great as you thought :D

yea "trial and error" really does stink :D but at least we all learn from it! :D you can make it again soon, and it will be 100 times better :D

ok, im off to make ur "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=13628"]super easy cheese cake[/url] ... just bought the stuff for it today :D

:D bro :D

Assalamu alaikaum

IN the UK you can buy puff pastry and use that, rather than make your own base. But it's high in fat apparently.

I might try with the pizza base, jazakallah.

I am sure you could also use Filo pastry, apparently that has virtually no fat and also comes out beautiful.

If anybody does try it, then please let me know. I would have tried it myself but I don't have an oven. :D

:D In advance! :D

Your Muslim sis

Aww, too bad it didn't turn as good as it looks. :D InshaAllah next time it'll be perfect. :D

Filo Pastry works really well sis eli, my mother does that all the time. It tastes yummmy. But I don't have the recipe she uses, so I dunno exactly what she does. :D :D I'll check around her recipe folders..hehe

You can get ready made Filo Pastry, especially in Asian shops. The ones that you use to make Somosas with. I don't have a clue how to make Filo Pastry from scratch! :D

I have been told it works really well too. :D

Your Muslim sis

Oh no, my mother buys the Filo pastry too. :D But I was talkin about the method she uses to make the rest of it with the filling. :D (Do I make sense? :D)

Oh right!

Yeah, some people make it really nice. I can't even begin to wonder... :D

You're making perfect sense :D , its me who's dumb! :D :D

Your Muslim sis