Islamic Forum

:D

Just finished the A level AS exams ... others being AOK .. but due to sickness in the middle of the term .. i could not do well in the UNIT 3B of PHYSICS .. i mean .. REALLY REALLY BAD .. coz i did not study anything from the TOPIC.

Anywho ... my problem is .. my dad ..told me to seek admission to a UNI in australia since there are option nowadays that students doing AS can join and UNI and continue their studies further there .. along with a part time job to cover the expenses etc. etc.

SHould i OPT for it ... or is it BEST TO COMPLETE MY A2 then think about it .. coz time is short and i seem to be getting OLDER by the YEAR :D

Thank you if you do reply :D

PropellerAds

How much does this unit count for?

Surely if you're doing your AS you can retake it?

How would you feel moving to Australia?

Personally, i would stick with doing the A2 course and then consider my options. I mean people can get into Uni now with 2 A Levels!

:D my post has been helpful

Just finished the A level AS exams ... others being AOK .. but due to sickness in the middle of the term .. i could not do well in the UNIT 3B of PHYSICS .. i mean .. REALLY REALLY BAD .. coz i did not study anything from the TOPIC.

Anywho ... my problem is .. my dad ..told me to seek admission to a UNI in australia since there are option nowadays that students doing AS can join and UNI and continue their studies further there .. along with a part time job to cover the expenses etc. etc.

SHould i OPT for it ... or is it BEST TO COMPLETE MY A2 then think about it .. coz time is short and i seem to be getting OLDER by the YEAR

Thank you if you do reply  

:D genetic freak,

This is a bit of a predicament you are in...

May factors seem to be clogging your mind and obstructing u from making a decision.

I would say you should pray to Allah (swt) to help provide you with the most benificial answer.

Perhaps you should also contact your school to see if you can complete the unit of 3B in Physics during your upcoming break..

It does sound benificial to come here to Australia, as it is a great country and you would get a lot out of coming here, inshaAllah.

Do what you feel is right in your heart for this situation and pray to Allah (swt) to give you the strength to make such a important and significant choice in your life.

May Allah (swt) grant you the best of sucess in whereever life takes you. Ameen.

Edited by *Verity*

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

About you being ill... don't how the system works where you are, but can't get you get a doctor's note to forward to the examining board for them to take it into account when marking the papers?

Hope you're feeling better btw!

Wassalaam.

Asalamou Alaicom wr wb

I don't really get what type of courses/subjects you're talking about... how about you do an istikharah?

May Allah give you Guidance, Ameen :D

Wassalamou Alaicom wr wb

Assalmau aliakaum

Go to Australia! It will make you stand out compared to other grads! That's so cool mashallah!

There are some Ozzy members here, they can tell you which Uni has lots of Muslims inshallah?

WEll i am already a stand out for some reasons :D .. dont wanna be a social circus in another land ... !!

But thanks for the nifty advice .. jazakallah ...

and sister verity ... i guess time heals everything ... inshallah i will get my answers someday .. thanks for caring all of you :D !!!

Hi Only thing to think about is that if you do go off to Oz to study for degree - go for the 4 years Honours degree - not the 3 years ordinary degree. Coz if you want to study a masters degree later on (esp in UK and at a good uni) you need a Hons degree. 3 yrs Oz degree is not the same as a standard UK degree!