Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Capri Shrimp Fry

:D

Frying shrimp in a skillet is pretty easy. I've done it a couple times. I like recipes to be simple enough so even the brothers here can make it and impress the women in their lives. Oops. Did I just say that? :D

This morning I came up with an idea for a simple shrimp recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but here's the idea...

- 1 package frozen, cooked shrimp

- 1 package frozen Capri style vegetables (green beans, carrots, zucchini squash, yellow squash)

- ground black pepper

- thyme

- juice (such as orange juice)

Thaw shrimp and vegetables. Pour some juice into a skillet and bring oven to medium flame. Add shrimp and vegetables, and let simmer for a couple minutes. Add ground black pepper and thyme (or some other flavoring of your choice). Mix everything in skillet and continue cooking for a few more minutes until complete. Scoop shrimp and vegetables into a container and discard any remaining juice from the skillet. Serve shrimp meal with rice.

Please let me know if something is wrong or if some other flavorings would be better to use.

PropellerAds

sounds good :D ....you need a little more spices in there though :D

Try it and let us know :D ...I have made many things very similar to that...

Dont ask me what spices I use though....I just throw anything in it :D (maybe some salt and garlic ?)

:D for the feedback. After thinking about it, I decided I would add some parsley to the recipe. However, I purposely chose to avoid salt in this recipe. Also, I didn't want to add more spices and such for the sake of keeping it simple, and so people can enjoy the natural taste of the shrimp and veggies. But of course anyone who uses this recipe is free to modify it to his/her liking. :D

I took sister Mujahada's advice and added more to the recipe. :D I made shrimp today using the following recipe I devised:

- 1 package frozen, cooked shrimp (about 45 medium-sized shrimp)

- 3/4 package frozen Capri style vegetables (green beans, carrots, zucchini squash, yellow squash)

- 2 or 3 pinches of salt

- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

- 1 teaspoon thyme

- 1 teaspoon parsley

- 3/4 cup juice (such as apple-raspberry or strawberry-kiwi)

- soy sauce

Thaw shrimp and vegetables in colander by running under warm water. Put a lightly-oiled pot on oven and bring to medium-low flame. Add shrimp and vegetables, and let simmer for a couple minutes. Add juice and soy sauce. Add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley (or other flavorings of your choice). Mix everything in pot and cook for a few more minutes until complete. Scoop shrimp and vegetables into a container and discard any remaining juice from the pot. Serve shrimp meal with rice or pasta.

It turned out okay :D , but still not perfect. It needs something else to give it a more unique and delicious flavor, but I'm not sure what. Maybe a light sauce of some sort? I'm not really a good cook. :D

Edited by insurrection

Brother!!!

You have better ideas then me! Masha'Allah. You could probably invent something yourself, totally from scratch.

In my opinion you're never a good cook until you experiment yourself. And you're doing that!!! So? :D

Your Muslim sis

:D for the kind words. Last night, I asked my mom to make some spaghetti. After cooking the spaghetti strings, she adds some margarine and lets it melt in while mixing. Then she added some generic spaghetti sauce. So I took some spaghetti and mixed in my shrimp meal. It was pretty yummy. :D So I would definitely recommend serving the above recipe with pasta. :D