Islamic Forum
Habdisullah

Islamic Phrases And Sayings

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Insha'Allah you are all in a high state of Imaan

The purpose of this thread is to gather short Islamic phrases and sayings that are used in conversation under different circumstances. I came across a similar thread in a different forum quite by chance, and thought that starting one here might be beneficial. To my knowledge, I do not know of a similar thread on this forum, however, if such a thread already exists, my apologies and please disregard this one.

You may post as many as you wish and even suggest some for the following person to post.

Phrase: Al-Hamdulillah 'Ala Kulli Hal

Meaning: Praise Be to Allah in All Circumstances

Use: To understand and remind ones self of the truth that All Praise truly belongs to Allah, even when one is faced with hardships or difficulties, and to remain grateful

Also if one knows of a related hadith of that particular saying, it would be very much appreciated if posted. (i.e. Every time one says SubhanAllah a tree for them is planted in Paradise)

Suggestions: SubhanAllah

All mistakes are mine alone.

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala) guide us all on the Perfect Path of Islam

Walaikum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

PropellerAds

:sl:

When greeting a fellow muslim:

ASSALAMU ALAYKUM

'Peace be upon you'

HADITH:

"The one who initiates the salaam is free of pride" (Bayhaqi, Shu'ab al iman)

Another Hadith and Ayaat regarding the Greeting:

Book 41, Number 5176:

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:

A man came to the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and said: Asalaam Alaikum! (Peace be upon you!) He responded to his salutation. He then sat down. The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said: Ten. Another man came and said: Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullah! (Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you!) He responded to his salutation when he sat down. He said: Twenty. Another man came and said: Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh! (Peace and Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you!)He responded to him and said when he sat down: Thirty.

- Sunan Abu-Dawud

[An-Nisa - The Women (004:086)]

When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things.

-Yusuf Ali Translation

Phrase: Inna Lillah Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oun

Meaning: Truly we belong to Allah and truly to Him shall we return

Use: Commonly used with the loss of something dear, upon hearing a Muslims demise, or when faced with calamity

[Al-Baqara - The Cow (002:156)]

Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return":-

-Yusuf Ali Translation

We have an '(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/29262.html"]Islamic definitions[/url]' section at the right side bar, under 'Useful Links'. But its for short terms. Feel free to continue your beneficial topic. Barak Allahu feekum.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

When responding to someone’s thanks/ a way of expressing thanks:

Barak Allahu feekum

Translation: May Allah bless you

Barakallahu feek is singular and For masculine gender

Barakallahu feeki is singular and For Feminine gender

and Barakallahu feekum Plural.

For the above quote the credit goes to Brother Al Faqeer, its from his blog. JazakAllah khayr to him, if you look here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=16829&st=80&p=166659entry166659"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...mp;#entry166659[/url]

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Edited by Peacemaker

Assalamu Alaikum, Here is a beautiful Islamic phrase:

INNEE O'HIBBUKA FILLAH/ I love you for the sake of Allah.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Insha'Allah you are all well

Jazakam Allahu Khairun br. Dot for sharing the link and to everyone who contributed :sl:

Phrase: Alhumdullilah

Meaning: All Praise be to Allah

Use: Can be said at any time to show gratefulness to Allah

*When one sneezes they are to say Alhumdullilah (Praise be to Allah). The one who hears the sneeze should respond by saying Yarhamuk Allah.

This response is called a Tashmit.

Phrase: Yarhamuk Allah

Meaning: May Allah have mercy upon you

Use: Usually to reply to one who Praises Allah (Alhumdullilah) after sneezing

The one who first sneezed should then reply with:

Phrase: Yahdikum Allah wa Yuslih Balakum

Meaning: May Allah give you guidance and improve your position

Use: Usually to reply to the one who responded to your sneeze

or
Phrase: Yarhamun Allah wa Yaghfirlana wa Lakum

Meaning: May Allah have mercy on us and you, and forgive us and you

Use: Usually to reply to one who Praises Allah (Alhumdullilah) after sneezing

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 240:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Two men sneezed before the Prophet. The Prophet said to one of them, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on you," but he did not say that to the other. On being asked (why), the Prophet said, "That one praised Allah (at the time of sneezing), while the other did not praise Allah."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 104:

Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib:

The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven. He ordered us to visit the patients, to follow the funeral procession, to reply to the sneezer (i.e., say to him, 'Yarhamuka-l-lah (May Allah bestow His Mercy upon you), if he says 'Al-hamdulillah' (Praise be to Allah), to help others to fulfill their oaths, to help the oppressed, to greet (whomever one should meet), and to accept the invitation (to a wedding banquet). He forbade us to wear golden rings, to use silver utensils, to use Mayathir (cushions of silk stuffed with cotton and placed under the rider on the saddle), the Qasiyya (linen clothes containing silk brought from an Egyptian town), the Istibraq (thick silk) and the Dibaj (another kind of silk). (See Hadith No. 539 and 753).

-Sahih Bukhari

Book 54, Number 54.2.5:

Malik related to me from Nafi that when Abdullah ibn Umar sneezed and someone said to him, "May Allah have mercy on you," (Yarhamuka'llah), he said, "May Allah have mercy on us and you, and forgive us and you." (Yarhamuna'llah wa yaghfirlana wa lakum).

-Malik's Muwatta

May Allah forgive me for any mistakes I made and overlook them.

May Allah guide us all and allow us to use these sayings in order to please Allah and to remember Him at all times

Walaikum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh