Do you know how to iron?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know how to iron?

• Yes - and I am male
    • No - and I am male
    • Yes - I am female
    • No - I am female

:D

I like ironing. I have to I'm the main ironer in the family. I do all the ironing except my eldest sons clothes 'cos he is independant and likes to do his own stuff.

Cooking - no worries

Cleaning - yes its ok

I am also the only one who empties the hoover bag [ I hate it as well].

All my kids, male and female, are bought up to cook and clean and do the laundry. It makes them better people. Don't you just feel sorry for some women who end up married to a man who does nothing arround the house 'cos his Mum did it all for him?

Peace

PropellerAds

All my kids, male and female, are bought up to cook and clean and do the laundry.  It makes them better people.

Peace

:D brother, that's how I plan to do things aswell.

We have strict rules in this house. My nephew learnt how to iron when he was 3, and he could vacuum at 2 1/2yrs! He loves those things though, I need to fight him to get the vacuum back! :D

aslaam alykum,

iron, yes i know all about iron, Fe, it is a metal, usually very strong, JOKE,

ofcourse i know how to iron, infact my sister makes me iron her clothes when she goes to work :D. anyway why to muslm sisters need to iron there clothes, i mean there gonna be wearing a hijab over them anyway...................

wa alykum aslaam

Why women ned to iron? You are joking brother right?

Shagird..isnt that little bit dangerous? 3 yr old ironing?

"would i joke with you???"

erm....no :D

But women need to present themselves well in their clothes (clean and crispy), and in their manners just like the men. Just cos no one would see my hair doesnt mean i wont clean or comb.

aslaam alykum,

im not saying dont was ur clothes, DO wash ur clothes and stuff, its just dont take so long ironing them, theres not much of a point really, because noone except you husband bros/sis's parents e.t.c are goint to see them and its not like there gonna care what ur clothes are like (as long as they dont stink).

wa alykum aslaam

""Dust isn’t hard to get rid of….""  Not if you have hayfever....

I love ironing...it it my time to think. Hate washing the dishes though.

Same with me...i love ironing!!! but hate Washing dishes!!!!!!!!Urgh...Thank Allah for Husbands LOL LOL LOL!!!

Well....I would iron whatever i am going to wear outside (burqa, niqaab, and scarf) because i'd feel more confortable in them... besides, people outside do look at you, what you wear is a form of da'wah as well...if your clothes are all crinkly and untidy then they might think that Islam says to be like that.

Shagird..isnt that little bit dangerous? 3 yr old ironing?

It's not that dangerous, he only gets to use it under strict supervision. It's either that, or a tantrum! :D

Edited by Shagird

Assalamu alaikum

Yes, i know how to iron. I love ironing! :D

Wa-alaikum salam

my mommy did give me some groom training which included ironing, washing clothes, cooking, scrubbing toilets ... and dancing to the tunes of Tina Turner.

OMG :D ... nah .. mite come in handy :D ...

P.S : except for the dancing to tina turner, i do know how to do the rest :D ... guess whoz gonna be nominated for HEN PECKERS of em all :D

Assalamualaikum

yes I can iron and I iron all the time and yes...I actually enjoy it :D

Assalamu-alaykum,

Yeah I know how, but the Maid does it...She even irons my socks :D I don't ask her to, but she just takes ALL of the laundry and irons EVERYTHING :D

OF COURSE i know how to iron! whats the big deal about it? :D

OF COURSE i know how to iron! whats the big deal about it? :D

salaam...yeah i totally agree..wat is the big deal??!!! :D ...i hate ironing.........love washing the dishes though oh yeah i also HATE hanging the clothes up on the washing line or on the central heating!!lol :D :D

ma'salaamah

Asalaam Alaykum

i iron only when i have to, which really is never. But i do noe how 2 iron. :D

I can iron my own clothes. I'm not that great at it. But mens clothes? that's a different story. How do you iron pants and shirts so that you keep all the original creases/lines in place. I tried ironing for my dad once........boy they all had a good laugh at my suffering..

BTW: there should be an option that says maybe, kinda sorta

Edited by *Dreamer*

Seeing this topic again reminds me of how ironing is one of the few 'domestic jobs' I can handle properly :D I kinda like it.

AS