Islamic Forum
Hasib

Gay Pakistan

:D

:D :D what is the world coming to ???

Throughout South Asia, homosexuality has been a taboo subject. But there are signs in some areas that gay people are now becoming more open in their behaviour. In this column a gay man in Pakistan talks about the advantages of being gay there compared to the West. He prefers to remain anonymous.

It is all too common to hear examples of the repression of sexuality and oppression of sexual minorities in South Asia.

But the problem with sweeping generalisations about sexuality, or anything else for that matter, is the exceptions.

I am one such exception - a gay man who grew up in Pakistan, became aware of his sexuality while studying in the US, had most of his early experiences of love and sex there, and yet decided to come back home to Pakistan.

Full story is "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4583911.stm"]here[/url]

:D again :D..

May Allah give us guidance and forgive our sins: Ameen.

PropellerAds
Guest amani

Astaghfirullah :D speechless...

do these people not remember what happened to the people of Lut AS? :D

yes everything seems to have been forgotten.. and what worries me is that its not just any other country but its pakistan.. like this is predominantly Islam..! :D

What truely worries me is the growing size of the homosexual community. It seems their numbers are ever increasing. Additionally they seem to be a very vocal minority.

What is so proud to be about being gay :D that you have to have big celebrations and march and have to announce it to the whole world ??

You dont see me going on a Straight-pride parade :D ..

really.. :D

^ :D

Pakistan is just strange... I mean it was a country formed based on Islam. They chose Islam, and now some of them have turned out soo..ugh. :D

May Allah :D guide them before its too late. :D

astaghfirullah, that's so disgusting :D

Edited by jk_89

What truely worries me is the growing size of the homosexual community.  It seems their numbers are ever increasing.  Additionally they seem to be a very vocal minority.

thats true, homosexuality was here all the time yes even in pakistan and middle east but like yank said its that they are starting to be open which is the problem,

I am not surprised though. My husband and I were talking about it last night. Actually the subject came about as there has been a bilboard Ad put up straight opposite our local Masjid... And on that there was the Living TV new series (I think) called 'The L Word' those of you whom are in the UK may have heard about it. It was disgusting, and what more is was opposite a Masjid!!! But the good thing is that someone got some black paint and has sensored out the disgusting indecent exposure on it.

Subhan'Allah! It just goes to show, these Kaffirs are being spiteful. They know there is a Masjid there, so could they not put it up somewhere else?

Your Muslim sis.

I am one such exception - a gay man who grew up in Pakistan,

Why didn't you tell us this before brother doomhammer? We shall make dua for you to go back to the right path. :D

Why didn't you tell us this before brother doomhammer? We shall make dua for you to go back to the right path

akhi.......... plz........ :D :D !!! this is part of the news article !!!!

I know I know. I was only joking. I was only showing what can happen when you take things out of context, something people who have hatred of Islam do regularly.

On the serious note, people like this are sick. Where I work, there are around 5 gay people that I know of, both women and men, and it is hard to even look at them..

You dont see me going on a Straight-pride parade  :D ..

The ultra left would condemn such and activity as bigotry. Unfortunately people seem to listen to the ultra-left.

for people who say homosexuality has been around forever and does not affect the natural balance of life and procreation, what do they have to say about the trend of being homosexual, of putting images in our head day and night and forcing us to take thier views.

well, doomhammer we have pride week coming up, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) celebrations. I don't know what we're gonna do......

( and seriousley why are they allowed to walk around naked?)

I am not surprised though. My husband and I were talking about it last night. Actually the subject came about as there has been a bilboard Ad put up straight opposite our local Masjid... And on that there was the Living TV new series (I think) called 'The L Word' those of you whom are in the UK may have heard about it. It was disgusting, and what more is was opposite a Masjid!!! But the good thing is that someone got some black paint and has sensored out the disgusting indecent exposure on it.

Subhan'Allah! It just goes to show, these Kaffirs are being spiteful. They know there is a Masjid there, so could they not put it up somewhere else?

Asalaamo aleykum,

Aah, yes, "The 'L' World" ...it made its start here in Holland too already, no surprise actually, thinking about the nations pride of our "gay capital of the world" and much more ...

I remember once a sister telling me that it is here easier to come out of the closet and admit you're gay then telling you converted to Islam. Being gay is so accepted and respected here..! :D

Edited by Chaand

I really don't know what to say. :D :D :D ! :D

Assalamu alaykum.

This story is disturbing.

What I find interesting is the comments by Ahmed, UK:

People keep saying that homosexuality is a sin or not allowed in Islam. But can someone post the actual passages where it explicitly forbids it?

This is the EXACT SAME comment that gay christians make when trying to excuse their behaviour!! I guess it's the same old song, different tune.

May Allah (swt) guide the Muslims and keep us upon the straight path. Ameen.

Assalamu alaykum.

This is the EXACT SAME comment that gay christians make when trying to excuse their behaviour!! I guess it's the same old song, different tune.
People of Lut..

As Salaam Alaikum,

Yucky. But I'm happy that he's out. Because homosexuals staying in the closet, is only going to hurt the heterosexual community. If they don't come out people are going to end up marrying thier sons and daughters to homosexuals, and put them at risk of catching AIDS, and of course living unhappy lives becuase the love and the sexual attraction just ownt be there.

salaam

:D this is disgusting

these people act so proud of themselves ...disobeying Allah and spreading their behaviour.....i cant stand when they say 'I was born this way I cant help it'

:D i'll never understand this 'lifestyle'

Edited by desertdweller

What is so proud to be about being gay :D that you have to have big celebrations and march and have to announce it to the whole world ??

You dont see me going on a Straight-pride parade  :D ..

really.. :D

Straight pride parade???? ROFL!!!!!!!!!

(that was one comment that made my day yesterday....LOL!)

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Similar stuff seems to be happening in Bangladesh:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4530637.stm"]Fighting for sexual tolerance[/url]

Wassalaam.

All these people think they are becoming more westernized and stuff and like becoming a modern country.. :D sad..! so just because you can have gay parade and kiss someone of the same gender you are now liberated: wow! :D :D

Straight pride parade???? ROFL!!!!!!!!! (that was one comment that made my day yesterday....LOL!)
:D you know how we do.. glad to be of service but really i dont get it :D

what is Ghilmans, that some commenter at the bottam of the article mentions, young preety boys??. is there a concept in Islam like this?