Islamic Forum
Peacemaker

Wierd/scary Experiences

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÍúãäö ÇáÑøóÍöíãö

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Insha’Allah you are in the best of health and imaan.

"In the last few weeks i've had weird and somewhat scary experiences at night.. On the first occasion, I'd just fallen sleep, only to wake up ten minutes later to a huge weight pressing down on me from on top of the duvet.. When i looked it was nothing.. i couldn't move or scream when i tried to.. and all the while i kept reciting the kalimah in my head, it lasted a minute or so and then the weight eased off..

The second time happened last night.. It was half hour before fajr salah, just like the last time. I was lying face down and had just closed my eyes.. Then suddenly the same thing happened, only this time i could feel something holding me down by the back of my neck.. THe same kind of weight, i was totally paralyzed for a few minutes.. Kept reading my kalimah and then it disappeared..

Lastly, my mum told me she had a similar experience in her room a while back, only she saw a figure dressed in black with a faded face, it stood at the foot of her bed for a short while before falling on top of her bed rendering her paralyzed for a few minutes like me..

I dont know whats happening in our household but its scaring the life outta me.."

Any help would be appraciated, JazakAllah Khuryun

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

PropellerAds

:D

its happened to me as well, i prayed fajar salah and went back to sleep, then later on a bit i noticed something drop on my chest, which woke me up, i thaught it was my nephew to which i never payed any attention and kept my eyes close, this thing started getting heavier and heavier, i got nervous and realised that it was a jinn, i tried to shout and talk but nothing was coming out of my mouth, eventualy i recited ayatul kursi and the burden lifted. apparantly if u forget to do your adhkar after fajar it may happen, its happnd a quite a few people i know.

always remember to do your adhkar after fajar and maghrib including the 4 Quls, 3 times each, ayatul kursi etc. read sura al baqarah in your house on a regular basis

Edited by kandahari

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

JazakAllah Khuryun Brother for your reply, I am very grateful.

So does it happen to you anymore?

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

JazakAllah Khuryun Brother for your reply, I am very grateful.

So does it happen to you anymore?

no it hasnt happned to me lately, but there is definalty something in my sisters room, shes had some problems as well, the old man living in that house before had commited suicide in that room, dont know if its anything related, Allah knows best. ive slept in that room a few times and ive always had a bad dream.

always remember to do your adhkar after fajar and maghrib including the 3 Quls, 3 times each, ayatul kursi etc. read sura al baqarah in your house on a regular basis

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Edited by kandahari

Assalamu alaikaum

Happened once to me before, not sure if I was awake or dream.

See imam for exorcism?

Wassalmau alaikum

Assalamu alaikaum

Happened once to me before, not sure if I was awake or dream.

See imam for exorcism?

Wassalmau alaikum

its just one of them things that are comon, as i said its when u dont do your regular adhkar, dont scare the sister more by getting her to do Ruqya, inshallah its nothing major, Allah make it easy for her.

JazakAllah Khuryun Brothers Luffy & kandahari, I am very grateful for the prompt replies, May Allah (SWT) reward you. Ameen

JazakAllah Khuryun Brothers Luffy & kandahari, I am very grateful for the prompt replies, May Allah (SWT) reward you. Ameen

:D B)

gosh that's really unpleasant. i don't know the words for these extra things, could someone pm me and tell me what words i need to say in english, i would be most grateful.

Salaam,

It's only a jinn trying to suffocate you. They try to do so when people are asleep, but God usually protects us. Make sure you sleep on your right side with wudhu and recite ayaatul kursi before sleeping. Have faith and don't fear.

Make sure you pray all your prayers and abstain from all things haraam.

Peace

Aytul Kursi is the best one for Jinns, I have been told. And the 3 Qul's is a must... Ensure you recite them before sleeping. Insha'Allah it should stop.

I have noticed, that to prevent any mishap of the sort (supernatural) Surah Ya'Seen is also excellent.

Recently my daughter was screaming abnormally after returning from going out... and she would not settle... I recited aytul kursi she did not settle... Then I tried Surah Ya'seen, and Al'hamdulilah she settled right away...

Let us know if it works and what happens.

Your Muslim sis

It's more likely to be "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Sleep_paralysis"]sleep paralysis[/url], than a Jinn.

It's basically about the brain being awake, whilst the body is still sleeping.

Making duas during this period is good, because it will keep your mind occupied.... and... it may be a Jinn afterall!

once you fall asleep wudu breaks, same if you have done istakharra. i don't mean to sound silly but how does that work.

i think a jinn trying to suffocate someone is quite scary.

Salaam,

Yes I know sleeping with wudhu breaks your wudhu. But the point is to go to sleep in a pure state.

Peace

Lol Insignia of Islam very funny (do you realise we share the same signature, never realised that before)

Also this isn't about me by the way..

JazakAllah Khuryun Insignia of Islam, eli_chy05 & sawsan for the replies, very gratefull.

thanks for clearing that up insigna of Islam.

Salaam,

You're welcome sawson and Peacemaker.

And Peacemaker, I didn't realise it either. But it's not important or significant as I'm always changing my signature with quotes and sayings.

I understand, you think by me using that quote I'm giving you a bad reputation LOL don't worry though, it will be gone soon.

Peace

No, no of course not Dear Brother, feel free to use whatever you wish whether it is similar to mines or not, its just not many people have ever used the same as me or saw interest in something that I saw interest in, if you get what I mean...

I heard this before, its called sleep paralysis, mostly attributed to paranormal expericences and a "fear", well its probably a jinn or something so just do the usual ayatul kursi with conviction ! then you should be fine.

som1 told me this only happens if you sleep on your back (and your facing the ceiling).

i always make sure i sleep on right side. this use to happen to me in my old house which was rather haunted as my mum had experiances too. erm i do remmeber though having sleep paralyisis a long time back first thing that pops in my head is sura falaq and i fall back to sleep. but this is very rare these days, and i do think jinns do try to mess with me cos in my dreams i notice jinns, i cant see anything but its like the jinns is trying to communicate with me or is watching me. is this my imagination or could be a real jinn trying to make me do haram?

bro Insignia of Islam you seem to know alot about this subject what do you think?

the brother who posted the link those scientist with explanation think they know it all but the reality is there is no explanation of it.

It's more likely to be "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Sleep_paralysis"]sleep paralysis[/url], than a Jinn.

It's basically about the brain being awake, whilst the body is still sleeping.

Making duas during this period is good, because it will keep your mind occupied.... and... it may be a Jinn afterall!

if this was sleep paralysis then why would it dissapear once i started reciting ayatul kursi ?? and other people i know have experienced the same thing have said that once they started remembering Allah it dissapears !!

well either sounds jolly unpleasant to me.

if my son is at his fathers, and i am praying,esp.isha, i always get nervous and have to stop myself looking behind me. i am sure that it is just me getting "spooked" cos i'm in the house alone. all the same it's not very nice.

to avoid this happening, i have taken to praying sitting in bed at night, on the nights when my son is not here.

i don't get so nervous then, and it stops me wanting to look behind me all the time, because the wall is behind me, and not the door.

i know it sounds silly, but there you go.

No, no of course not Dear Brother, feel free to use whatever you wish whether it is similar to mines or not, its just not many people have ever used the same as me or saw interest in something that I saw interest in, if you get what I mean...

No, actually I don't get what you mean (ending with the asterix) and perhaps it's best I don't ask you to elaborate on it.

And please, don't think I will change it for you. Like I said I change it from time to time at my own will. You didn't need to write all that.

...but this is very rare these days, and i do think jinns do try to mess with me cos in my dreams i notice jinns, i cant see anything but its like the jinns is trying to communicate with me or is watching me.  is this my imagination or could be a real jinn trying to make me do haram?

bro Insignia of Islam you seem to know alot about this subject what do you think?

If you make sure you sleep on your right side with wudhu and you recite ayaatul kursi and the 'Four Quls', you really shouldn't be troubled by any jinns. You did say how it is rare, so it could be the nuisance of jinns. If you notice jinns in your dreams, it most possibly means that they are there and are trying to mess with your head, either by giving you corrupt dreams or scaring you and making you lose hope and trust in Allah, which Insha-Allah will never happen to any of us. The shayateen are always busy trying to mislead mankind, especially the believers in every possible way imaginable - from desires to money to anger to jealousy to nightmares and black magick.

Faith is what liberates us from their reaches.

When you feel a jinn is present around you, recite the following (memorise it in Arabic too):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And say: "My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayâtin (devils).

"And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me."

(The Believers 23:97-98)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well either sounds jolly unpleasant to me.

if my son is at his fathers, and i am praying,esp.isha, i always get nervous and have to stop myself looking behind me. i am sure that it is just me getting "spooked" cos i'm in the house alone. all the same it's not very nice.

to avoid this happening, i have taken to praying sitting in bed at night, on the nights when my son is not here.

i don't get so nervous then, and it stops me wanting to look behind me all the time, because the wall is behind me, and not the door.

i know it sounds silly, but there you go.

Recite all the relevant verses and have faith sister, Allah is your guardian, believe in it.

Peace

if this was sleep paralysis then why would it dissapear once i started reciting ayatul kursi ?? and other people i know have experienced the same thing have said that once they started remembering Allah it dissapears !!

I'm not saying it's one thing, or the other! But it's better to keep an open mind about these things, in my opinion!

Some people with a headache will read Duas, others will take Paracetamol. Through the will of Allah :D either can work. It doesn't mean the former was possesed by a jinn and the latter had a regular headache!

Take the case of non-muslims who suffer from sleep paralysis. They don't make duas, but apparently survive aswell. Is it because the Jinn got bored of suffocating them?

Besides, there's no suffocation that I'm aware of. The person can still breathe, but they are paralysed and may feel a presence and/or pressing weight.

It may be related to Jinn, or not. Allah :D knows best.