Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Afghan_Hijabi

What Gives?

:D

lately, i've been looking around myself and thinking, "what has the world come to? How come our brothers and sisters in Islam forgot their faith?" All i see at school is half naked girls and brothers who are hanging over these girls. They hide their faith as if its some big secret. I asked one of the girls in my art class what religion they practiced, because her last name looked like it was arabic. She just lowered her head and mumbled, "i'm muslim." But when i looked at her neck, i see a cross!! :D She was simply imitating the non-muslims, hoping no one would find out that she's muslim. It killed me to see this. I never thought ppl could be that ashamed of a perfect and true religion. :D

There are sisters who wear possibly the most revealing shirts ever, and then have a gold pendant with the word "Allah" engraved in it....and then they go in the bathroom to "fix their hair. " :D :D :D

I'm trying to make a difference by joining the MSA(Muslim Students Association) but even now, when the years coming to the end, we have 5 members left, and we couldnt even decide on a president. When we tried, the brothers said a girl cant be the head of this kind of association. :D I still dont know how its gonna work when the muslims refuse to contribute. :D

I havent given up hope though. I just dont know where to start to at least try and make a difference. :D

PropellerAds

Just so you know the MSA at UT and Ryerson were collectively known as Muslims Single Association :D and for good reason too..

did i ever tell you guys about that MSA girl :D .. ??

^^lol :D still.......i find the whole situation really depressing. :D

I know what you mean about the cross thing- i knew a girl who did the same thing. :D :D

La howla wa la quowata illa billah!

And the MSA thing reminds me of another thing- i had a friend who was in some group, can't remember what...the thing is the leader of the group was a "brother" and supposedly, according to her, he made them call him "Prince.." or something like that.....

?

i feel like i'm supposed to say something else, but don't know what....:D

edit: i say thing a lot..:D :D

Edited by Batoota

lately, i've been looking around myself and thinking, "what has the world come to? How come our brothers and sisters in Islam forgot their faith?" All i see at school is half naked girls and brothers who are hanging over these girls. They hide their faith as if its some big secret. I asked one of the girls in my art class what religion they practiced, because her last name looked like it was arabic. She just lowered her head and mumbled, "i'm muslim." But when i looked at her neck, i see a cross!! :D She was simply imitating the non-muslims, hoping no one would find out that she's muslim. It killed me to see this. I never thought ppl could be that ashamed of a perfect and true religion. :D

There are sisters who wear possibly the most revealing shirts ever, and then have a gold pendant with the word "Allah" engraved in it....and then they go in the bathroom to "fix their hair. " :D :D :D

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

People like this realllllllllllllllllllly make me sick. It's one thing being ashamed of being Muslim, but its a slap in the face when they bring sheer disgrace to the Ummah with their actions or words. I mean why in the world do they even bother calling themselves Muslim? :D

These walking- talking contadictions are the ones that are responsible for non muslims believing that Muslims are suppressed etc etc.

URGH!!!!!!!

:D :D

Edited by ~mehnaz~

Just so you know the MSA at UT and Ryerson were collectively known as Muslims Single Association :D :D .. ??[/i]

Are they accepting new members? O_o

Salaam,

if its any help, better to hide your faith than wear hijab and be promoting credit cards and store cards methinks....

(found it quite amusing as it happened today...)

Maybe they are ahamed of their faith now because they are at school, lots of people lack confidence when younger. Later on, in just a few years, they will be more comfortable with themselves and be strong enough to be whoever they feel they erally are inside.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

sad! X_X may Allah protect us from this kind of stuff, and guide the youth of Islam and give them the strength and courage to not be ashamed of something they should not be ashamed of. and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family. ameen T_T

Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman said, "The Prophet said, 'Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until there will be no-one who knows what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are. The Qur'ân will disappear in one night, and no Ayah will be left on earth. Some groups of old people will be left who will say, 'We heard our fathers saying La ilaha illa Allah, so we repeated it.' Silah asked Hudhayfah, "What will saying La ilaha illa Allah do for them when they do not know what prayer, fasting, ritual and charity are?" Hudhayfah ignored him; then Silah repeated his question three times, and each time Hudayfah ignored him. Finally he answered, "O Silah, it will save them from Hell", and said it three times. (Ibn Majah)

Those students sound really messed up. The parents have neglected them and will probably regret it later. :D

i had a friend who was in some group, can't remember what...the thing is the leader of the group was a "brother" and supposedly, according to her, he made them call him "Prince.." or something like that.....

Edited by Shagird

I feel sick after reading that.

(not really but you understand what I mean)

Edited by Sallahudeen

:D Really sad to see indeed. I wasn't muslim in high school, so I don't know how tough it is being Muslim in that situation, but that's still no excuse to give up the deen. May Allah protect us.

I dont know bout the UK, but here in Canada/U.S. you know funny unislamic things happen by the muslim children.

I know i've said this before on the forums but i used to know this one girl in high school who was sunni muslim, she'd come to school all in proper clothing but as soon as she stepped into the campus she would run to the girls room and change into very alluring clothing and then spend all her day this way and then when time to leave for home she'd change back!

Anyway you know in high school people do stuipd things but many of them are guided later in life :D through Allah's grace. Some people even do haram things while they are older while they know it but still Allah in his mercy guides them!

If you condemn them now they will only alienate themselves more from Islam. We should use good judgement in these situations.

a cross? May Allah help us all.

sis I would encourage you to join the MSA. despite negative views of the way MSA's are conducted...inshaAllah you will enhance all the good ones. However difficult or fruitless it may seem , remember that you're fullfilling an obligation......and even if you make a difference in one person's life it is worth it. Not only will you help current muslims but inshaAllah give dawa to those who have yet to accept Islam.

don't give up sis. Remember our prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam and how he persevered.

pm me inshaAllah and I will give you contacts of Ryerson and U of T MSA's who can give you tips and encouragement inshAllah.