Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

Coca Cola, Halal?

:D dear muslims

Is Coca Cola halal? i dont mean if u "want it to be halal", plz prove a fact :D

Jazakallah kair

PropellerAds

:D

Q Is 'Coca-Cola' halal, kosher and safe for Coeliacs?

A Yes.

Q Does 'Coca-Cola' contain any alcohol?

A No.

But heres some facts about Coke:

COKE

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

Coke will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Edited by kandahari

Wow, those are some really fastenating facts kandahari, I'd heard some of them before, but there were some new ones in there.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

:D I never thought I'd get a ham cooking tips on an "http://google/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url].

Wow, those are some really fastenating facts kandahari, I'd heard some of them before, but there were some new ones in there.

:D  I never thought I'd get a ham cooking tips on an Islamic Forum.

:D No Problemo

A Yes.

A No.

COKE

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Thanx, for letting me know. That explains why i have been having stomach problems all this time. I used to get away with 2 cans everyday and 4 cans in the summer everyday. Hope theres more of my stomach left, because i cant eat much as well.

No Probs Jaffcake2000, i have like 2 cans a week now, im gona give it up completely insha'Allah, just another fact: my mate had his tooth out so he put the tooth in a glass of coke and after a few days the tooth dissapeared !! imgaine what it does to out teeth when we drink it ??

Edited by kandahari

I don't drink it, nor do I eat fast food.

If any of you drink diet coke, or diet anything, you should know that it contains aspartame which turns to poison when it reaches 80 degrees (which is inside your body). All kinds of ilnesses have been linked to this

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www2.coca-cola(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/contactus/myths_rumors/packaging_cleaner.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www2.coca-cola(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/contactus/myths_...ng_cleaner.html[/url]

its doesn't matter. chill out. why are you so angry? your making the place hot. go take a shower and drink cows milk.

No Probs Jaffcake2000, i have like 2 cans a week now, im gona give it up completely insha'Allah, just another fact: my mate had his tooth out so he put the tooth in a glass of coke and after a few days the tooth dissapeared !! imgaine what it does to out teeth when we drink it ??

yeh, it sure does disolve metal. Its a proven fact. My metal fillings have all disolved. Now i have cavaties, ouch!

Edited by jaffacake2000

Salam

A Yes.

A No.

COKE

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

I'm surprised none of the reasons have been along the lines of 'profits go to so and so', 'hidden message in slogan', etc etc. The reasons given here apply to any soft drink!!

D

Asalamu Alaikum

Is there anything wrong with Pepsi then?

Asalamu Alaikum

Is there anything wrong with Pepsi then?

Pepsi is also coke. Its just got different packaging and they added more gas into coke to make it taste good while now pepsi doesnt taste as good as coke coz they made a different version for the people who complain coke is bad.

Asalamu Alaikum

Isn't Pepsi owned by someone else other than Coke? :D

yeh could be but u neva know, they could be cousins on the other side of the world :D

if u look at the drink, the only thing different is the packaging, innit.

Asalamu Alaikum

Umm ok. So I guess Jaffa cakes of Tescos very own brand, are the same ones down at Sainsbury's and Asda.

pepsi halal? i assume dey dont since dey dont ave a "secret Inredient"

edit (by a moderator):

this post violates rule 16 - of our "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url].

Edited by dot

pepsi halal? i assume dey dont since dey dont ave a "secret Inredient"

im sure normal pepsi is Halal,But please dont take my word for it, as for Vanilla Pepsi it is HARAM "September 20, 2003 The Chicago-based Muslim Consumer Group has issued an alert to Muslim consumers regarding Pepsi Vanilla. According to a statement on the Group's web site, Pepsi Vanilla and Diet Pepsi Vanilla are "made with vanilla extract which contains 35% ethyl alcohol."

Asalamu Alaikum

Isn't Pepsi owned by someone else other than Coke? :D

They're both entirely different companies. I did a case on coke and pepsi for my business strategy class last sem. They are 2 different companies, infact the 2 most rival competitors. Pepsi owns products like pepsi, mountain dew, mirinda, aquafina (water) and some restaurants (pizza hut, kfc, taco bell).

Coca Cola company produces drinks like coke, vanilla coke, sprite, minute maid juices, dasani (water), powerade (energy drink), etc.. Coke is an older company and more profitable, although pepsi is catching up. Just as pepsi products are sold at kfc and other restaurants, coke has contract with mcdonalds and some other fast food chains. So you'll see only coke products in those places.

I substituted carbonated drinks of coke/pepsi with juices and other more healthy drinks of such companies. If i have to drink once in a while, I drink pakola (which is a famous pakistani soft drink brand, much less carbonated, more sweeter than coke/pepsi, and tastes more like sharbat).

As far as I know, pepsi and probably coca cola has parts from pigs added, during production

Al-Irsyad – the Islamic Agency for Research in Egypt has now recommended that Muslims are not to consume Pepsi Cola because it is being suspected of containing material that has been made from the intestines of pigs.

Dr. Mustofa Asyak'ah an agency member has asked for the other members of the agency to gather to discuss this problem, so that the Muslim community can receive clarity as to whether the product is haram (forbidden) or not, according to the daily Egyptian Al-Arabiyah.

Dr. Mustofa explained that the manufacturer of the drink has included a special material made from the intestines of pigs in the process of the drink's production.

"Because of this we are trying to break down of the materials used so that we might get some clarity on the issue" he said.

source: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freerepublic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/focus/f-news/1407799/posts"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freerepublic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/focus/f-news/1407799/posts[/url]

So, my advice to everyone is to stop drinking coke.

Besides, soft drinks, specially those wwhich has the 'cola' ingredient, which all coke brands are made from, destroy boh your teeth and your bones in the long run, as they deplete them of their calcium.

Dr. Clive McCay, working at the Naval Research Institute, placed extracted human teeth in cola drinks. Within two days, the teeth became very soft, and the enamel surface lost much of its calcium. Rats, well fed but given nothing to drink except cola beverages, after six months had their molar teeth dissolved down to the gum line. When Dr. McCay reported years ago the rat experiments before the Delaney hearing on chemical in foods, a lawmaker reminded him that the soft drink industry represented huge economic investments. He suggested that these alarming findings be soft-pedaled to avoid disrupting the industry and the economy as a whole. Dr. McCay countered by stating that the health of the nation's children might be as important as the welfare of the soft-drink industry.

more info here:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.carnatic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/kishore/articles/art_0008.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.carnatic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/kishore/articles/art_0008.html[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.themuslimwoman(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hertongue/SoftDrink.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.themuslimwoman(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/hertongue/SoftDrink.htm[/url]

As far as I know, pepsi and probably coca cola has parts from pigs added, during production

source: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freerepublic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/focus/f-news/1407799/posts"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freerepublic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/focus/f-news/1407799/posts[/url]

So, my advice to everyone is to stop drinking coke.

Besides, cokes destroy boh your teeth and your bones in the long run.

:D bro, i heard something along that line as well, somthing called "Pepsin"