Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LegalEagle

Christian Chickenhawk Cheney V Abizaid

Iraq insurgents still strong, general says

Senate comments contrary to Cheney's view of 'last throes'

The Associated Press

Updated: 11:58 a.m. ET June 23, 2005

WASHINGTON - The top American military commander in the Persian Gulf disputed a contention by Vice President Cheney that the Iraqi insurgency was in its “last throes†and told Congress on Thursday that its strength was basically undiminished from six months ago.

advertisement

Furthermore, Gen. John Abizaid told the Senate Armed Services Committee, “I believe there are more foreign fighters coming into Iraq than there were six months ago.â€

In a CNN interview last month, Cheney said that “the level of activity that we see today from a military standpoint, I think, will clearly decline. I think they’re in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.â€

Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, the committee’s senior Democrat, asked Abizaid if he realized he was contradicting Cheney.

“I don’t know that I would make any comment about that other than to say there’s a lot of work to be done,†said Abizaid. “I gave you my opinion.â€

Clearly if your're a member of the Crusader Chickenhawk party then your're pretty optimistic after all your kids are fat, white and at Harvard

Edited by LegalEagle

PropellerAds
Clearly if your're a member of the Crusader Chickenhawk party then your're pretty optimistic after all your kids are fat, white and at Harvard

Eagle, long time no see, I hope all is well.

I am a Republican (the party to which Cheney belongs), but my daughter is not fat (she is two months old now). Also, no one in my family has even been to Harvard, nor have any of my friends. I am white, that seems to be the only thing you nailed.

Anyways, I personally was shocked at what Cheney said, and his comments were obviously wrong. I may be a registered republican, but that doesn't mean I always agree with them, as is the case here.

That is the most racists thing I have heard since..... oh Howard dean. Be original next time and not so racists.

Are you brown? See, sounds stupid. :D

Hey LegalEagle, you know those stereotypes go both ways, but I won't stoop to your level.

What's funny is how incredibly wrong that stereotype is. Going to Harvard, especially law school, is something that you'd stereotype liberals more than conservatives. I'd advise at least having a clue before speaking...

:D

Could our American brother please expand on the war record of Bush and his top men, to show us all how couragous they were when it was their time to fight for the land of the free?

Bro Eagle leave white and fat people alone, we are lovely!

Peace

Could our American brother please expand on the war record of Bush and his top men, to show us all how couragous they were when it was their time to fight for the land of the free?

Peace

Now Eagle, you could learn something from Abubakar here. Now this is how one intellegently tries to make a slam.

I don't know about the others but President Bush served in the Texas Air National Gaurd as a fighter pilot. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell was a career Military officer with a very distinct military record. Those are the only two I know about off the top of my head.

I've read some disturbing things about Powell and Mai Lai.

Peace

Salaam

Bro you didn't go to Harvard did you ? :D

say it ain't so....

Salaam

Bro you didn't go to Harvard did you ?  :D

say it ain't so....

Well....

not even to visit.

Peace

please provide a source for your " disturbing things about Powel and Mai Lai ".

Peace

You mean like the suicide bombers , sending "someone elses " children , and the parents of jihadis -getting "others " to do their work ?

Hmmm....."white and fat people " .......interesting Abubakar ,,,,,,got a bit of a racist streak ,do ya ?

Disturbing things means he went to "ihatetheusa" and they said that one time Powell called an Iraqi a "jerk". HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION! Drag him to the Hague!

Edited by Lateralus

:D Brother Z

I have heard the same but on trying to follow them up I found absolutely nothing.

I would suggest that it is either misinformation or an urban myth.

Peace

You mean like the suicide bombers , sending "someone elses " children , and the parents of jihadis -getting "others " to do their work ?

Hmmm....."white and fat people " .......interesting Abubakar ,,,,,,got a bit of a racist streak ,do ya ?

:D Paragon

I suggest you use a new name, Tangent would be an apt name, (as in going off on one). Can I come to the christening?

I will not bother to repeat for you yet again that I am completely oppossed to the killing of women,children and non-combatants. Oh looks like i have!

'got a bit of a racist streak, do ya?' - you just saw through me :D strange my black African wife and mixed race children never did! :D

Peace

Nice "sidestep[ " Abubakar....

But you weren't making racist remarks about Black women or mixed children ....were you ?

That's allright Abubakar , dont feel bad , when one holds certain views , they tend to "jump out of the mouth" sooner or later. :D

....and afterall , it explains alot about your ideology . [no smiley ]

Nice "sidestep[ " Abubakar....

But you weren't making racist remarks about Black women or mixed children ....were you ?

That's allright Abubakar , dont feel bad , when one holds certain views , they tend to "jump out of the mouth" sooner or later. :D

....and afterall , it explains alot about your ideology . [no smiley ]

:D Tangent

I wasn't making racist remarks about anyone.

If you thing I was please quote them for me so I can correct your misunderstanding.

Peace

Correct your own "mistakes " , Abubakar .....K ?

Which translated into English means,' I cannot back up my false allegation, there is no substance to it, I am only here to point score.'

Peace

:D  Paragon

Which translated into English means,' I cannot back up my false allegation, there is no substance to it, I am only here to point score.'

Peace

Points ? That's childish ......

No , it means you made a racist remark , the words came from your mouth ....you deal with it .

Not my problem ..........savy ?

As far as Legal Eagle ? I wouldn't bother with him .

Points ?  That's childish ......

No , it means you made a  racist  remark , the words came from your mouth ....you deal with it .

Not my problem ..........savy ?

As far as Legal Eagle ? I wouldn't bother with him .

I said ' leave white and fat people alone. We are lovely'.

Who am I supposed to be racist against?

Peace

Figure it out , I've got confidence in ya .

I have re-read this thread 3 times and can see no place where I have been racist.

Peace

I have re-read this thread 3 times and can see no place where I have been racist.

Peace

How is that racist paragon, isnt he talking about himself.