Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

Where Would You Like To Live In The Uk?

Where would you like to live in the UK?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to live in the UK?

• Birmingham
    • Bradford
    • Liverpool
    • London
    • Manchester
    • Reading
    • Sheffield
    • Other

Salaam

Edinburgh is better then Glasgow... although Glasgow has better food places... o man! the chicken pakoray :D

But I like the Masjid in Edinburgh better.

Would like to live near that Masjid, near the Uni and all the Halal places.

London just has nasty food, been food poisoned there too many times... :D

KH

PropellerAds

Glasgow has friendlier people :D

Has a nice masjid, nice halal places, great universities..have u ever been to any of these places mr desert? :D

Sheffield

Without a shadow of a doubt. I take offence at one of the posters comments about there!!

Sheffield However, now lets see:

1) Plenty of Islamic bookshops to suit all tastes.

2) Plenty of Masjids for the diverse communities there.

3) Houses still cheap-ish(certainly compared to the rest of the country).

4) Halal food shops in abundance, friendly services.

5) Practical Islamic activities & groups always going on, there is always a lecture or a food invite or Islamic talk to visit.

6) Cheap Food (but not Cheap Quality). OK you Londoners, check this out.  FISH AND CHIPS the size of an Oil Rig can be bought fresh in Cleethorpes for around TWO POUNDS! (I wish I took the photo of the shop ). In London its £8quid to sit down, £3 quid to say “Hello†and £14 for a Chip Butty!

7) Extremly Revert Friendly City. Alhamdullilah there are many reverts here and just get more and more. The Muslim community here treats them always as special and I know several who have fitted in and married into the community. In fact I would say not fair cos they get better treatment than most Paki/Arab Muslims! All communites are like this I guess (not saying its just Sheff) but why the sudden influx of reverts? Must be a reason..

8) This is one of the best reasons, as poster Mu’maneed says very nicely about countryside.

Sheffield is half an hour from the Peak District.

Literally Alhamdullilah I timed myself  from the local petrol station it was 12:30.

At 1PM I saw the “Wellcome to the Peak District†sign

– followed by  Rolling Hills, A Lake with Sailing boats, Beautifull Sunny day, Meadows, Coffee Shops,  Hill Climbers. Ramblers etc.. The beautifull fresh open air which Allah(swt) bestowed upon us away from the City – great for just sitting and contemplating the wonders of Creation.

In fact a few of us brothers are now InshAllah arranging a camping visit to Castleton (Beautifull area full of ruins of the many castles designated for Public Camping). InshAllah fire a barbie up in the open countryside, walk down to the lake, read Salat in the open air – i.e.> Bliss!!!

And when your done – half an hour to get home! It’s the perfect mixture of a hectic city life, solid Muslim community with the contrast of beautiful scenery available just down the road (and cheap enough to buy a house still (just) and start a family.

You can keep your London!

:D

my thoughts exactly! :D

Edited by *MuSlIm*

Thanks for that.

London smells of poo  :D

(just kidding!)

Asalahmo Alaikum.

Lived in Bradford untill i was 16 bought my own pad ( rented) in Leeds. Went to unit there met a woman married her finished uni and moved to Harrogate.

I am living in my ideal city, Birmingham! Its got everything I wanted and more, Al'hamdulilah. Wouldn't like to live in London :D Too much a busy place for me!!! And really expensive! :D

Your Muslim Sis

Sheffield

Without a shadow of a doubt. I take offence at one of the posters comments about there!!

Sheffield However, now lets see:

1) Plenty of Islamic bookshops to suit all tastes.

2) Plenty of Masjids for the diverse communities there.

3) Houses still cheap-ish(certainly compared to the rest of the country).

4) Halal food shops in abundance, friendly services.

5) Practical Islamic activities & groups always going on, there is always a lecture or a food invite or Islamic talk to visit.

6) Cheap Food (but not Cheap Quality). OK you Londoners, check this out.  FISH AND CHIPS the size of an Oil Rig can be bought fresh in Cleethorpes for around TWO POUNDS! (I wish I took the photo of the shop ). In London its £8quid to sit down, £3 quid to say “Hello” and £14 for a Chip Butty!

7) Extremly Revert Friendly City. Alhamdullilah there are many reverts here and just get more and more. The Muslim community here treats them always as special and I know several who have fitted in and married into the community. In fact I would say not fair cos they get better treatment than most Paki/Arab Muslims! All communites are like this I guess (not saying its just Sheff) but why the sudden influx of reverts? Must be a reason..

8) This is one of the best reasons, as poster Mu’maneed says very nicely about countryside.

Sheffield is half an hour from the Peak District.

Literally Alhamdullilah I timed myself  from the local petrol station it was 12:30.

At 1PM I saw the “Wellcome to the Peak District” sign

– followed by  Rolling Hills, A Lake with Sailing boats, Beautifull Sunny day, Meadows, Coffee Shops,  Hill Climbers. Ramblers etc.. The beautifull fresh open air which Allah(swt) bestowed upon us away from the City – great for just sitting and contemplating the wonders of Creation.

In fact a few of us brothers are now InshAllah arranging a camping visit to Castleton (Beautifull area full of ruins of the many castles designated for Public Camping). InshAllah fire a barbie up in the open countryside, walk down to the lake, read Salat in the open air – i.e.> Bliss!!!

And when your done – half an hour to get home! It’s the perfect mixture of a hectic city life, solid Muslim community with the contrast of beautiful scenery available just down the road (and cheap enough to buy a house still (just) and start a family.

You can keep your London!

well said brother :D

GLASGOW!!!!

Noone said Glasgow:( but I see that other is catching up with London :D

C'mon other!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Salaam

Glasgow is a good place to reside in :D

Peace,

Glasgow is a good place to reside in

By far the best people in the country :D

London is expensive... I guess that's the drawback, but then you get the London salary, which is a plus LOL