Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rofi

Chit Chat Between Brothers And Sisters

:D

I know the forum has said that all chit chat should be kept within gender rooms, and brothers and sisters shouldnt 'cyber-mix'

But looking at the blogs, i have seen otherwise, i see brothers and sisters joking about and 'chit-chatting', maybe we dont realise this, and maybe, i, myself may have contributed.

I think we should be careful, please forgive me if i offended anyone :D

PropellerAds

lol, it's true.

It's ironic because there was a couple of topics about how blogging is haram, it encourages fre-e-mixing and causes fitnah.. and next thing you know, they've made a blog-section right here on IF =S.

Assalamu alaikaum

Blogging haram??? Seems Haram is an easy word throw about these days...

I know the forum has said that all chit chat should be kept within gender rooms, and brothers and sisters shouldnt 'cyber-mix'

But looking at the blogs, i have seen otherwise, i see brothers and sisters joking about and 'chit-chatting', maybe we dont realise this, and maybe, i, myself may have contributed.

I think we should be careful, please forgive me if i offended anyone  :D

Wa Alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatu,

True brother, that is way i choose to close all my thread to aviod any irrelevant comment, though i did make one topic for riddles, inshallah that will just make people just answer and ask riddles without anything else.

I guess we are all humans and sometimes we forget to keep serious, so that is permissible (Allahu'"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/glossary/glossary_a001.html#alim"]Alim[/url]) but constant idle chit chat is irrelevant.

Jizakallah khair for the reminder brother :D

Sister Afg, the word 'haram' should not be used to suit our ideologies and we shouldn't throw it about as though it was like saying 'hi' So please sister be aware of what you say.

Haram is something which is unlawful, so is it unlawful; to remind people of Allah (swt)? To show remorse for the innocent? To praise the lord? verily no, the context of other people's blogging could be classed as haram due to causing fitnah. So one needs to speak of invidual's blogging rather than generalize. I hope you understand and Allah (swt) is all-knowing.

Ehdeena siratul mustakeen :D

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

JazakAllah Khuryun Brother, it is true.

I will keep this in mind with my blog.

Insha'Allah we will strive to do our best.

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Sister, a blog can be pretty much anything and everything, from a diary, the persons interests and hobbies.....the list goes on

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Errr, I was the one who was throwing around the word 'haraam', sister, maybe you should have re-read my post and registered what I meant before jumping the gun.

Errr, I was the one who was throwing around the word 'haraam', sister, maybe you should have re-read my post and registered what I meant before jumping the gun.

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatu,

Oh i understood you perfectly fine sister and there is no need for me to register what you said, already have. It seems that your the one who needs to re-read my post, because really no one is 'jumping the gun' here.

Assalamau alaikaum

I don't think I have been cyber mixing....???

Can someone give an example of what is cyber/mixing idle chat?

Is it like this:

Bro: What you doing tonight?

Sis: Nothing much. You?

Bro: Washing my hair

Sis: What shampoo do you use?

Bro: Timotei

?

Edited by Luffy

I meant I wasn't the one... damn typos.

Anyways, as much as I can see you love giving advice and showing people the light, sometimes it's really not needed, or related to what has been said.

JazakaAllah khair for your time and efforts anyway, have a nice day =).

Asaslamu alaikum

This reminds me of my younger bros and sis about to have an argument....

LOL!

Us innocent, humble and shy Muslimahs, and arguments??

Never!

[Edit] "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=14239&hl=blogging"]The Blog topic.[/url] "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=14216&hl=blogging"]And another.[/url]

Edited by afG

Asaslamu alaikaum

I think if the blogs are segregated, the sisters one's will be active, but the brothers one won't be.

Why?

From what I've seen, the brothers seem to be posting just as much in their blogs as the sisters (well, the sections I've skimmed through, err, which is not much come to think of it), and the joking around and idle chit-chat are among the same sex in the blogs anyway (again, from what I've read) and the mixing between the genders, well it's kept on the subject of the thread.

Assalamu alaikum

The brothers forum is not as active as the sister's forum. Sister's have more than twice the number of topics and more than 4 times the numbe ro freplies.

Also blogging requires an audience, if you half the audience then I guess the motivation to keep blogging will wane. Audience being members of this forum.

And, for what your tongues describe, do not utter the lie, (saying) This is Halal and this is Haram, in order to forge a lie against Allah; surely those who forge the lie against Allah shall not prosper.

When talking about these issues Hikmah (wisedom) is also needed.

very well said brother ^^ ..

brother rofi it is very true what you have posted and inshallah i will definitely keep it in mind as will all the brothers and sisters.. :D