Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
erutanie__

Hello

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alden, I'm new to the site and new to Islam. My parents are both "devout" Catholics, and I was what you would call a "cradle-Catholic". A few months ago I sat my father down and explained to him that I was not spiritually satisfied with Catholicism, or Christianity for that matter. I'm currently listed as a practioner of Hinduism because that's as far as I could go. But, I have a friend and her parents are both Islamic. I asked them about the beliefs and whatnot, and at that instant, my mind was made up.

I just need some support I guess...this is not going to be easy. My parents both being active in society are scared for their reputations and scared for me as well.

Any advice?

Thanks__

PropellerAds

Peace,

Hi erutanie,

First off welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've found us.

We have some really knowledgeble people here on Islamic matters and i'm sure they will help you out. If you have any questions plz feel free to ask the moderating time or any senior member also will help you.. for that matter actually most people are friendly..

Happy posting..

Guest amani

Peace be onto you

welcome.gif to Gawaher...also welcome to Islam sister :D Allah willing, this site will help in any way, take a look at the "you can

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and insha'Allah we benefit from each other.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url]. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/uploads/post-1-1102388849.jpg' alt='post-1-1102388849.jpg'>

enjoy posting :D and do come to the sisters section

Edited by amani

:D

Welcome to IF sis. :D

InshaAllah your questions will be answered and you'll find this to be a friendly an helpful community. :D

Lookin forward to your posts!

Peace :D

Welcome to the forum, and may Allah guid u to the right path. I hope members of IF will be able to help u know more about Islam and whats it really about.

being scared of the reputation...well once u know whats the truth and what u really want to follow in ur life, u wont be scared of anything. if u want to know about the basics of Islam u can visit this section of IF"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=255"]Basics of Islam[/url] , and there are lots of Islamic sites online where u can get lots of knowledge.

once u know what u want to follow u wont be scared of anything then inshallah :D

:D or peace, :D

You'll find :D many reverts to Islam on IF and I'm sure they'll be of great help as far as personal experiences go.. in every other way, the rest of us :D are more than happy to be of assistance! :D

Welcome to IF and welcome to Islam Alden! :D I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

:D

Hi and welcome to IF, hoping that you can find the spiritual "enlightenment" or the completion of yourself within the walls of Islam.

The following link may be of assistance to you, its the muslim revert section, you can read about how people overcame their difficulties to revert (we say revert because we believe everybody is born muslim) to Islam.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=149"]Revert stories[/url]