Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
erutanie__

Advice...?

Peace,

I was raised Catholic, but found Islam about 4 months ago. Yea, I'm really a newbie. My parents are still very reluctant to let me practice Islam, and will not let me wear the headscarf. Is there any advice anybody could give me on what to tell them, and how to get it across to them that this is the path I have chosen?

Thanks for any help!

PropellerAds

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Maybe invite some sisters round - not necessarily to speak about Islam, but just to show on a personal level iA that us Muslims can be decent and likeable. Possibly, your parents see Islam as a foreign thing, so it'd be nice for them to associate a person/face with it - hopefully one they like.

If that gets their interest, then books would be good.

Also show your parents that being Muslim makes you happy.

Wassalaam.

Assalau Alaykum Sister;

All praise be to Allah :D who guided you to the true religion, Islam.

My parents are still very reluctant to let me practice Islam, and will not let me wear the headscarf.

Maybe your parents have a pre-established idea about Islam. Try your best to kindly present the true message of Islam to both of them, tell them about prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) , tell them that prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the mightiest prophets of Allah :D , tell them that in the Holy Qur'an, no woman is given more attention than Mary and that there is a chapter named after her...

Indeed, when a person is confronted to his/her parents, it's not easy. Yet sister, many reverts managed to truly practice Islam despite the opposition of their families.

Here is an interesting website for reverts:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.welcome-back(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.welcome-back(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

Do not forget to ask Allah :D for assistance and remember Him wherever you are.

May Allah :D help you sister and guide your parents to the straight path.

Assalmu Alaykum.

Alsalamo ALikom

First of all Welcome back to Islam .... I wish Allah will help you in your path...

I my self reverted to Islam many years ago .. quite frankly it is not easy for our family accept the situation ..

However, their acceptance as of my experience will depend on which courtly are you from? what are your parents back ground and how committed they are to their religion? what is the point of view to the society? how important society onion on this subject and how much they effect your parents onion?

first of all, try to learn all what you can about Islam ... ( fro any help please contact me: - evanjoleen[at]yahoo) , then practice Islam as much as you can ... important things are:-Prayer, Fasting, reading quran, learn Islam … .. and off course the believe , the faith are very important.

Make sure that you can argue if they discuss you ... try o act as our Islam asked us .. let them know that you are now as a Muslim better to them than what you were .. Let them feel the difference in your character between you as a Muslim and non Muslim .. let them convinced that Islam change you all in all to better .. let them really believe that Islam is the key to your happiness and that you just found the eternal way to Happiness all in all ... May be and you don't know they may accept Islam ...

Then look on to your situation ... how dependant are you ? .. can you afford leaving them .. or can they accept you as you are ... walk step by step ... because you never know what is coming up ... Pray to Allah and make sure that he will never leave you alone .. he will not as you know him... he will guide you all the way....

Don't take all the steps same time .. one step each time will help you a lot ...

don't make any fight with their parents for simple things ... follow them of all things which did not effect your religion and faith ... be good to them ... but don't leave them effected your faith....

Give them and your self chance until you can move on, on your live the way it should be...

May Allah will guide, help and be with you all the way.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Sister breaking the barier in knowledge may be key, Insha'Allah if you can there are always some sort of "Daw'aa" event for non-muslims at the "East London Masjid" in Whitechapel, may be if you can take them and discuss this with muslims it may help?

Wa'Salam.

Peace,

I was raised Catholic, but found Islam about 4 months ago. Yea, I'm really a newbie. My parents are still very reluctant to let me practice Islam, and will not let me wear the headscarf. Is there any advice anybody could give me on what to tell them, and how to get it across to them that this is the path I have chosen?

Thanks for any help!

========================

My Dear Sister

When you have chosen a path of Allah, a path of Truth, do not be afraid of any body. It is necessary to respect you parents even If they are not muslim but But donot folowing there teachings. When you love Allah, you donot need to love any thing else. Allah is enough for her/his servan. Sit alone where there is no noise and disturbance. close eyes and look in your heart and ask any help from Almighty silently. He will surely solve the problems.

Bismilla - Glory to him, He only and only exists with its attributes and nothing else in fact exist - LA Ilaha Illallah There are many lamps but only one LIGHT Only ONE light. he is WAHAD

My Dear "Almight keep you on right path and prevent from the attacks of devil"

Because you were in search of truth, So Allah almighty put you on right path. His one beatiful name among 99 beautiful names is "Al-Haadi", that mean who put the persons on right path but those who are sincerely in search of truth.

However It is very very important that when you recite Sura Fatiha in pray or any time during work, you should undersatnd the meaning and be attentive to Allah. Besides, Repeat always following three names of Almighty maximum time you can, being attentive to Allah. You will see, how extra knowledge and HUDA comes to you like a shower with in a few months. Many things will be disclosed to you about the reality.

Ya Aleem, (Knowledgeable and all-knower)

Ya Khabir, (informed about every action, thing in cosmos)

Ya Haadi ( who puts on right path)

Finally I congratulate you and you have get rid of believes which are only and only based on assumptions and fabrications. and you have chosen the path of truth and wisdom.

Not only Read Quran but understand it.

Read also some Gold books Muslim Aoulya (Friends of God)

Read 4 volume of Ihya Ul Aloom of Imam Ghazali. Link is as follow. Donot hurry up in reading. Even if you read one or two pages; it is very important to understand what is being read.

"http://ghazali/"]ghazali/[/url]

Ihya (Revival of Religious Sciences)

"http://ghazali/site/ihya.htm"]ghazali/site/ihya.htm[/url]

Allah Bless You (who is present every where and is nearer to the person than his/her Jagular vein) - Amin

Stranger01