Islamic Forum
Peacemaker

Inspirational Short Stories

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ[using large font size is not allowed]

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabarakatahu,

As requested by Brother Subhaanallaah & Sister UmAhmad I open this thread (it is solely down to these two that I even opened a blog). It will only consist of a collection of Inspirational Short Stories.

I take no credit for what is posted here.

:sl: it will give you something to reflect on and inspire you.

If you have any comments or thought to say, please click (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=156615"]here[/url].

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabarakatahu

PropellerAds

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÍúãäö ÇáÑøóÍöíãö[using large font size is not allowed]

Cannot Escape the Angel of Death

[using large font size is not allowed]

Once the angel of death (Hadrat Izra'il) appeared in the form of human being in the court of Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) and gazed continuously at a person present there for some time. When the angel of death vanished, that person asked Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him): "Who was that person?"

He told him that that was the angel of death. He remarked: "The angel of death had gazed at me in such a manner as if he had determined to take my life."

Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) asked him: "What do you want?"

He requested him to drop him in India. Prophet Sulaiman commanded the air to carry him up and drop him in India. Consequently the air carried him to India (which was very far from where he was).

The angel of death came to Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him). He asked him "Why did you fix your gaze at that person?"

Angel of death told: "I wondered that the Almighty Allah had commanded me to take the life of this person in India whereas he is sitting here in your presence."

Narrated on the authority of Khuthaima (RA). From the book "The spectacle of Death" by K. M. Islam[using large font size is not allowed]

The Man Plucked Out his Eye

Ka'ab relates, once at the time of Prophet Musa (AS), there was a drought. The Bani Israeel asked him to pray for rain. Prophet Musa told them to come with him to the mountain.

When they climbed the mountain he said to his people, "Whoever has committed a sin? then do not follow me."

They all turned back down the mountain except for one man. He was blind from one eye and known to the people as Barkh. Prophet Musa asked him, "Did you not hear what I said?"

"Yes" he replied.

Prophet Musa asked again, "Have you never committed a sin?"

Barkh paused and then replied, "I cannot remember committing a sin except for one, but I do not know whether it is regarded as a sin. I will mention in to you and if it is a sin I shall return."

Prophet Musa enquired, "What is it?"

Barkh replied, "Once I happened to pass the door of a house which was open. I glanced in and saw somebody, but I was not able to tell whether it was a man or a woman. I said to my eye, 'Out of my whole body you hurried to commit a sin, you cannot remain with me anymore', so I plucked out my eye. If this is a sin, I will return."

Prophet Musa assured him that he had not sinned and then told him to pray for rain. They prayed to Allah, "Oh Almighty, whatever you have does not finish. There is no end to your treasures; you cannot be accused of being miserly. Oh Allah show us your mercy and send forth rain."

The narrator states that they both walked home in the mud.

From 'Stories of the Pious', by Maulana Ahmed Ali, originally recorded in Rowdh.[using large font size is not allowed]

Good News for the Poor People

Once, Abu Dardaa (RA) was sitting in company with his students when his wife came and said to him, "You are sitting here with your students and we haven't got a pinch of flour left with us in the house."

Abu Dardaa (RA) said to her, "Good lady, before us there is a valley hard to travel (The Day of Judgement) and only such people can traverse it successfully who travel light."

Hearing this, his wife went away, satisfied with the reply, and did not complain any more about her needs.

Abdu Dardaa (RA) once said, "We have food and the rich also have food; we wear clothes and the rich also wear clothes. The rich people possess wealth, which exceeds their requirements, and they just see it without using it. We can also look at wealth (possessed by others) without using it. We are equal in this respect, but the rich will be required to render an account, on the Day of Resurrection, for holding extra wealth in their possession. We are free from Reckoning, for, we have nothing in our possession."

Story from "Fadhail-e-Sadaqaa Part II", translated by Prof. Abdul Karim.[using large font size is not allowed]

Look at a Man Who Will Enter Paradise

One day the Prophet peace be upon him looked at a man and said, "Whoever likes to look at a man who will enter Paradise, let him look at this man."

Abdullah Ibn Abbas, who was present and heard this comment, followed the man who was favoured with this promise. He asked his permission to be his guest which the man accepted. After observing him for three consecutive nights, without seeing anything extraordinary about him, Abdullah Ibn Abbas said, "I don't see anything about you which qualifies you to enter Paradise more than the rest of us. Can you remember one special thing you do of which I may not be aware."

After thinking for sometime the man said, "Nothing is outstanding in my life except one thing, may be, that I go to bed with a pure and sound heart towards my friends (meaning to forgive others of their bad qualities and to think good of everybody)."

Then Ibn Abbas exclaimed, "This is exactly what qualifies you to enter paradise."

Source: from the book "Luminaries of Islam" by Arafat K.El-Ashi[using large font size is not allowed]