Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
- IQRA -

R U Drinking (min) 8 Glasses

so, are u drinking atleast 8 glasses of water a day?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. so, are u drinking atleast 8 glasses of water a day?

• Yes
    • No
    • More than 8 glasses a day
    • 7 glasses/day
    • 6 glasses/day
    • 5 glasses/day
    • 4 glasses/day
    • 3 glasses/day
    • 2 glasses/day
    • 1 glass/day
    • Never count
    • Dont care

:D

hehe...this poll may seem pointless

but it could create awareness..of staying healthy... :D

or mayb i wana see if the gawaher forum members r staying healthy...

May Allah swt allow us to drink the water of Kawther/kosar...Ameen

PropellerAds

No sis not pointless at all , in fact very important to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily .

jazakumullah khair .

I try and drink 8 glasses, (2 litres) sometimes I achieve it but other days its difficult, especially when its cold, not easy to drink much then!!! :D

Good poll though. Its a big issue. Helps in more ways than people realise. i.e. my husband for one! :D

Your Muslim sis

Assalamu-alaykum,

Doesnt this 8 glasses also depend upon your height, weight, and level of activity? after all, athletes or people who exercise daily might need more, and 8 glasses could flood a couch potato's kidneys.....I do believe the latest research says that we should drink just enough water so we are never actually thirsty, since thirst is the hypothalamus' signal that the body needs water....some days we might need 4, others 6, others 8.....In KSA you need about 12....

:D 8 glasses :D i cant even drink 6, my tummy feels like its going to explode

i drink abut 4 glasses

^You don't have to drink them all at once :D

I drink about two or three, I know I should drink more, but I'm just never thirsty enough.

I drink like 1 or 2 cups, sometimes I forget and dont drink anything a very bad bad thing. This causes me dizziness and tiredness...

I have been drinking more than I usually do, lik 4 or 5 :D as its been really hot around her lately :D

I usually drink 2 or 3 glasses a day...

I agree with sis Kaneeza tho. :D

salam,

Since arriving into the West, I have found that many people here have been brainwashed about water. It seems to have been drilled into them from a very young age. When it's hot, they drink plenty of water so they don't dehidrate, even though the people are just walking outside, or sitting down. It takes a long, long time for someone to dehidrate. I used to play football at noontime in 35-40 degree heat...

The water also has to be FREEZING. Most people find the room temperature (which I drink) terrible, something to stay away from. When I was younger, there used to be a boy, who after playing football, when to his house to get a drink of cold water, and immediatelly died from brain inflamation. Cold water can also cause common cold, sore throaght, and fever, or possibly lung inflamation

If you get injured, the only solution seems to be ice, no matter what the injury, short of broken bone, which is fine, but not good enough.

in my country, they say your kidneys can go bad overtime if you drink too much water, especially before you go to sleep. My mom had such problems.

I would just advise you to be carefull, while you're young, it doesn't hurt, but once you get older, and your organs start shutting down one by one, you might regret it

I only drink when I'm thirsty, at room tempereature if possible.

Not only that, but for those of you who are Muslims, as everyting in Islam, you should only do it in moderation!

wa-salam

salaam,

You are right Bro Dzenan, whatever you drink you have to be able to use up, cause there is such a thing as water weight! If your organs dont use it, or you dont sweat it out through physical activity, then you'll be a little puffy and its hard on your kidneys....Physicians say we need 8 glasses, but a lot of times people forget that the physicians also say to do an hour of daily exercise....

Assalamu aliakum

Everythingin moderation.

Water in my opinion you should drink enough of, not too much not too little.

There are more health benefits from drinking plenty water than harm. Main ones are, headaches, digestion, prevents water infection and keeps you alert and basically healthy. Drinking water helps to flush out the toxins in your body, thus clearing your body of the harmful substances.

When its hot you generally need more water in your body. you sweat more, your body is working harder to keep you cooler etc. Has anyone ever noticed having headaches more when its hotter? Its usually because one isn't drinking enough.

Also, sometimes thirst is confused for hunger and instead of drinking one starts eating when you don't really need to, thus over-eating.

So there are a lot of benefits from drinking. :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002471.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002471.htm[/url]

Your Muslim Sis

salam,

yes, if it's really hot, you'll get a headache, but drink too much water, and you'll also get one, especially if you didn' t eat anything.

Whenever I drink too much water I feel bloated and uncomfortable. So, its not actually easy to drink too much water without knowing is it? Obviously you stop when you feel you have had enough. i.e. if you drink one glass at a time, then you're not going to drink too much at once are you? And then the water you just drank will be in your system serving its purpose, and probably needing replacement by the time you're next ready for another glass!

So I cannot see how it is possible to drink too much? You would feel, as with anything, when you have eaten/drank too much, right? :D

I know I would.

Your Muslim Sis

hey aren't we getting water when we drink tea or coffee or eat fruits?

well i trust Allaah because he gave us everything we need. i don't think we should count this. when i need water i will be thirsty thats it :D

Asalamualaykum,

I dont drink unless I'm thirsty. Just the same wiht eating I dont eat unless Im hungry. But anyways I'm like wondering with the water pollution just about everywhere (okay maybe just in the states) what type of water are we suppose to be getting 8 glasses a day with? I'm just thinking about the pollution. Where I work we're not allowed to drink that water cuz one of the neighboring towns that contains the plant for that town contamiated the water source some how and at home we have well water... so drinking water just got alot more expensive for my family :D

it's cheaper to buy pop than milk but water is cheaper than both alhumdulillah :D

anyways thanks for the heads up on the water thing brothers and sisters, alot of info i didn't know, so informative - chocolates all around! :D

Minimum 2 litres a day if i am all busy.

Maximum 4 litres a day.

I kinda got used to the frequent visits to the toilets but its does the body a lot good.

but personally i beleive water uptake should conincide with the level of activity you are doing. The more you lose fluid from the body the more uptake is required.

To add more benefits to water. Drink a luke warm glass mixed with juiced of half a lemon. It does wonders for your liver. Dunno about the gurls but a healthy Liver is very important for us guys.And for the obese try adding a tea spoon to honey.

I usually do it once in a while since the first thing i have to take when i wake up is my medicine :D ...

but regarding drinks and food. Quality comes at a price and the human body is your piece of machinery. you oil it up with the good quality of foods, the better service you will get out of it. Thaz the least you can do for yourself ... but regarding longetivity .. its all Allah :D wish :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't caffiene slow water absorbtion down??? :D

So that would mean, Tea, Coffee and soft drinks are not included with the 2 litres a day requirement, but food is, as some have high water content, i.e. Melons, lettuce, tomato, cucumber etc. And when cooking you do add water, so it all counts!

Luke warm water with lemon is good first thing in the morning I have also heard. It helps with digestion and clearing your stomach out of nasty, unwanted substances. :D

Your Muslim Sis

Edited by eli_chy05

Nutritionists even say that a little alcohol to the system is good

.By this, i dont imply that i drink alcohol but what i am trying to imply is that a substance can either be used or abused

The commercial tea and coffee which we drink nowadays (with processed milk and white sugar) is rather more harmful to your system and rarely does any good other than make you feel charged (either because of the sugar content .. or for the fact that you have made it a habit of yours to drink tea)

Green tea, herbal tea, ginseng tea (the bitter tasting tea) are more beneficial to your body and eliminate toxins. My mother tells me that tea helps eliminate toxins and good for your health, from which angle ?? WHITE SUGAR with empty calories has nothing to do with toxins and any canned processed milk tea is never a good option for health food, unlike pure milk or other non processed diary product.

Caffeine is a natural stimulant and boosts your senses, which is good for certain situations where you got a lack of sleep or other such instances during exams where you slacked the whole year and need a stimulant to keep you awake (dont look at me :D )

But the continual comsumption of caffeine will become habit forming where there will be withdrawal symptoms if you stop consuming.

and when you do stop consuming your share of caffeine, your organs dont get that boost that it was continually fed with caffeine and hence slack off (pardon me i am just using simple words to make you understand, dont wanna get all biological)

Resulting in a slow metabolism overall ... in all aspects people consuming all such usually tend to lose weight but majority who consume coffe and tea tend to be fat and obsese thanks to the extra accessories they add to their drink (sugar, creme.. ladidaaa)

This is one of the reason why young monkeys(i meant people) are advised to lay off the caffeine coz our metabolism is fast and goes into hyperactive mode after consumption which is more harmful.

Tea is actually poisonous. It is a poison that will slowly kill you. Dont believe me, try this experiment (thought it will take long and make your family pet the target (muahahaha))

Assign a utensil with which you will boil tea (i dont mean the tea bags ... the powdered one but commi se comme sa tea is still tea not matter what) use the same utensil to boil your tea for a year or so. you will find that a layer has formed at the bottom, similar to the colour of tea and will smell like it too. Just like how the utensil used to boil milk smells like it.

that layer of tea is poisonous enough to kill you. this is scientifically proven want answers go to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] and waste time. Despite the washing with soap and all it still proves poisonous (and for GODS SAKE dont blame it on the utensil)

If you see a practical approach, people who are avid tea drinkers die quite early excluding the effects of high sugar. YOu are warned to drink tea and coffee as you grow old ... WHY is that,

i already told you.

A stimulant is always a stimulant and should be taken moderately. RELY on a healthy diet, excercise and rest for your energy supply not some lame beverage that makes you pant like a dog, and bonk your head against the wall every time you forget to take it.

I occasionally drink green tea but i am a fan of milk. I am planning to demand a cow from my inlaws as a wedding gift .. but thaz a different story :D

As far as water is concerned. Drinking 2 litres basically meant drinking 2 litres of glasses of pure wataaaaaaaa. The ones in food and fruits are addictional. Its good for your kidneys. Good for hydration, good for bodybuilding. People take creatine (a supplement) for water retention (hence the bloated Muscular look) where all the muscle holds is wataaa.

When drinking a glass of water ... finish it in three sips. And when you take one SIP (salivate the water whilst in your mouth ) for it aids better absorption. Infact do with milk as well.

Its best not to drink water half and hour before and half and hour after a meal. For it makes digestion slow. People with pot bellies have the habit of drinking water the instant after a meal. since the bolus of food remains afloat on water (its water absorption that takes place first and then the food and it basically takes 4-6 hours for food absorption and by that time its already dinner time and hence the dude does not get enoough absorption and due to lack of activity it end up in his adipose layer.

Since water is good at absorption. This is a technique really good for shedding of FAT FAST (i gurantee it will work :D )

There is a mode of training called the H.I.T (high intensity training) Cardio vascular activity is the best way to shed of fat.

Take running for example .. best way to shed fat, but i am just making you realise the UNIVERSAL SOLVENT is better at burning fat than those EXPENSIVE THERMO crappy fat burning supplements.

Run for a few moments at moderate pace, to warm up ... after running a few blocks RUN like you never ran before .. imagine a pack of DOGS after you ... run to the point where your heart beat is almost 80-90% ... your heart is pounding ... your body is heated up...

Stop ... wait for a minute or two to catch your breath .. you are profusely sweating ... take a bottle which contains a mixture of lemon and water and have a sip or three while salivating it. grapefruit juice with water is also an excellent option. But dont drink till your tummy is full. and continue so and most important listen to your body when to stop.

I gurantee you .. a month of doing this .... you will be a shredded BEAST B) .. or what you call em female beasts ??

Pretty pointless but hardly do we realise the importance of something which we have in plenty but ignore its true value ... just like fresh air :D ...

HAPPY DRINKING (no pun intended :D )

jazakallah brother excelent information :D

Assalamu-alaykum,

Yes Sis Eli_chy, tea or coffee are diuretics, and make the body actually LOSE water....If you do consume a lot of caffeine, you might not feel thirsty, but you will feel drained and your skin, hair, etc will show it....

LOL [at] GF's "Wataaaaaa".....your entire article above basically states that tea is good without the additives (sugar and cream) right??