Islamic Forum

When you perform Salah, do you just perform the fard or the whole designated Rakats?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. When you perform Salah, do you just perform the fard or the whole designated Rakats?

• Just Fard elements
    • Fard & some Sunnah
    • All Rakats of designated Salah
    • Other (Please state)

:D

I was wondering how people out there perform their Salah. Do they complete the designated Rakats, or just perform the Fard elements of Salah?

I can understand sometimes for time only Fard is performed. So how do you perform your Salah?

May Allah grant us the knowledge, strength and time to perform the designated rakats of salah, and increase our knowledge everyday of His deen. Ameen

Your Muslim sis

PropellerAds

option 3 for me :D

Yep, option 3 here also :D :D

Masha'Allah, so good to see option 3 being most so far!

May Allah grant you success and rewards for your dedication, Ameen.

Your Muslim sis

Fard & some sunnah. Depends on the salah. I usually have more time for Sunnah at Fajr and Isha.

AS

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

After I heard the hadith saying that whoever performs (12) sunnahs a day will have a castle built in Paradise, I tried very hard not to miss any but then I don't knwo what happened just get too lazy so I pray Sunnah when I have time and when Im not tired but at the moment I'm still working on it..

Anyone pray Witr? If yes, how many raka'as do you pray?

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Salaam,

I don't know if this is true maybe someone can correct me...

I heard that you get sins for not praying the Sunnah after the Fardh Salah...

As Salaam Alaikum,

I only do fard prayers. :D

islam4lyfe,

For someone to say that you will get sins for not doing Sunnah prayers (i.e. not obligatory prayers) and just doing Fard prayers (obligatory prayers) is taking Islam to the extreme...astagfullah. As Muslims we are not suppose to do things ilks that.

I was taught to always pray the full salaah unless I'm travelling.

Most of the time i pray sunnah as well, alhamdulillah.

But if i say have to be somewhere or i have someone waiting for me, i dot pray sunnah.

So basically if i am in a rush i will pray just fard...

But everyother time, which is most of the time i pray sunnah as well.

and inshaAllah i will continue to do so.

sis V

Main reason I asked this ques is coz I feel guilty for not being able to perform full salah. I try so hard, but cannot sometimes even complete the Fard and my daughter starts crying!!! :D

Can someone tell me, would it be okay if I laid my daughter down beside my whilst I was performing salah so she could see and not feel alone? I mean, I can place her on a towel on the floor beside me, but is there anything wrong with this?

:D For replies

Your Muslim Sis

hm sorry ive got no evidence...

but on Islam Channel,. i heard a similar question...and the sheikh said its ok to do that..in a way...looking after the child is a form of worship, so it should be fine to lay your baby besides the prayer mat. Allahu (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/glossary/glossary_a001.html#alim"]Alim[/url]

Hey how do you get Islam channel? You know what number it is?

You don't get sins for missing out on Sunnah's, but you don't get rewards either. Sunnah is optional but better if you do pray it..

Hey how do you get Islam channel? You know what number it is?

You don't get sins for missing out on Sunnah's, but you don't get rewards either. Sunnah is optional but better if you do pray it..

yeh..its on channel 836 (SKY)

they also have a website.. www.islamchannel.tv

so u can watch it via the net (but 4 sum reason it dnt wrk 4 me :D )

You don't get sins for missing out on Sunnah's, but you don't get rewards either.

Dear Sister of Islam. Who told you you won't get reward from Sunnah Salat? There are magnificent rewards for the Sunnah Salat as stated from Quran and authentic Hadith. :D

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

they also have a website.. www.islamchannel.tv

A Sis SevenEightSix Jazzakai Allahu Khayr yeah it does work for me :D

Dear Sister of Islam. Who told you you won't get reward from Sunnah Salat? There are magnificent rewards for the Sunnah Salat as stated from Quran and authentic Hadith. 

LOL Brother, if you read it again you might understand. I said that you wouldn't get sins if you MISSED the Sunnah's. I know you get loads of reward for praying them, but if you don't there are no extra rewards and no sins, understand now?

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatulalhi Wabarakatuhu

Ah! :D Silly me. Sorry about that. :D.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

:h: I try to pray all my salah including all of the sunnah since I was told that when you pray 12 rakats you build your place in Jannah. Inshallah Allah will make it easy for me and everyone else to perform all the rakats for every salah

Edited by -Mina-

Assalam Alaikum

Same with me.. sometimes option 2 or 3

Jazaak Allah Khair

I pray all fard,some sunnat and a range of nafal prayers like tahajjud,istikara,tahiyatal wudu,and some others also like taubah.Also I pray Witr prayer in the late third of night,alhumdulilah, called Qiyaam Al Layl. :D

I read all the rakats for salah, or option 2.

But i try to read all the rakats for each salah, also, it's nice to be engaged in prayer and contemplation for longer :D

You won't be doing sin by missing Sunnah, but their are rewards in performing them.