Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barayev

British Muslims Proud Of Olympic Success Say Mcb

As usual the MCB carry on as if they speak for all of us. Now they say that we are proud to have the olympic games here.

So are we proud? Or is the MCB talking rubbish again? :D

British Muslims Proud of Olympic Success

CAIRO  , July 6, 2005 (IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) – British Muslims have played a positive role in their country’s successful efforts to host the 2012 Olympic Games, a Muslim member of the  London  team told IOL Wednesday, July 6.

“It is a team effort that really showed that British Muslims played a positive role and showed a clear recognition of the Muslim community in Britain,†Sir Iqbal Sacranie, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) and one of the London bid’s ambassadors, told IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link) over the phone from Singapore.

Joining a star-studded array of public figures and Olympians led by Prime Minister Tony Blair, Sacranie said he is delighted that British Muslims proved that they are part and parcel of British society, which was manifested in choosing Muslims among the bid delegation.

“I, in my capacity as the MCB Secretary General, approached the Muslim ambassadors in London and conveyed the positive message that London is a city that recognizes and values diversity,†he said.

“I also sent a letter to the Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), Mr. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, and told him that the Muslim community fully embraces London ’s bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.â€

The London delegation also included Ayesha Qureshi, community relations manager for London 2012 Olympics, and Tanzim Wasti, member MCB’s  Foreign Affairs Committee.

The International Olympic Committee (OIC) is made up of 116 members, including some six Muslim members.

London beat Paris to Olympic victory by 54 votes to 50 in the final round of voting earlier Wednesday.

The three other candidates in the opening rounds, Moscow , New York and Madrid fell out one by one in a system under which the lowest ranked candidate is eliminated in each round.

London , Olympics hosts in 1908 and 1948, becomes the first city to be awarded the most lucrative prize in sport for a third time

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2005-07/06/article07.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/20...article07.shtml[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

I do not want to listen to anything this "Muslim" on the picture wants to say. He is a suc.ker to the British government and an enemy to the Mujahadeen of our Ummah.

I did not expect much less a comment from him anyway. The Olympic's are a complete waste of time and money. We have more important things to take care of.

:D This person is glad Muslims are preparing themselves to run the 100 m sprint or to build themselves up for the long jump rather than preparing for the greatest of events, The Day of Judgment!

What benefit is this? What is a gold medal going to do to help our dieing and suffering Brothers and Sisters around the World? May Allah guide us all.

---------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Edited by Mu'maneen

I should caution everyone here about speaking negatively of fellow Muslims. Some of us may disagree with some of them, but they are also Muslims and as for their actions and intentions pertaining to the day of judgement, Allah knows best.

AS

I should caution everyone here about speaking negatively of fellow Muslims. Some of us may disagree with some of them, but they are also Muslims and as for their actions and intentions pertaining to the day of judgement, Allah knows best.

Brother. We are told in Hadith to expose the destructors of Islam. Such people include the Muslims who openly expose themselves like this.

The eighth nullifier of Islam:

8. Supporting the polytheists against the Muslims...

The MCB have declared their support for the armies against Muslims.

Islamically we must expose them and not hide away the evil that they are implanting into Muslims hearts.

---------------------

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Brother Mu'maneen, be careful in the way you speak of other muslims, your job is to guide - not critisize.

Brother Mu'maneen, be careful in the way you speak of other muslims, your job is to guide - not critisize.

Brother. All I am doing is making it clear that what they are doing is wrong. If I leave it at that I will get the Sin upon my back because I and other Muslims know that what they are teaching is completely against the Shari'a of Islam.

Muhammad :D said:

"Expose corruption to those around you especially if such corruption comes from those who call upon the Shahada".

At-Tirmidhi.

Top Scholars of Islam have stated that:

"Exposing corruption from Muslims out to ruin the Ummah is not backbiting, rather it is a form of protection to the Muslim Ummah."

I am guiding you by warning you of their corruption. Guidance is to guide Muslims away from corruption and lead them to purity that is Siratul-Mustaqeem.

---------------------

Edited by Mu'maneen

They don't speak for me as I couldn't care less about the Olympics.

Hah..! Poor NY.

Could care less about the Olympics..but at least it ain't in our country. :D

Stupid waste of money and time. I got bored last yr when it came around. :D

Hah..!  Poor NY.

Stupid waste of money and time.  I got bored last yr when it came around. :D

Definitely glad it's not coming here to New York. B)

Why shouldn't we be happy that the Olympics are coming to London? I live in London and am delighted we've won the bid to host the 2012 games. The benefits to the city and its inhabitants will be incalculable. And I'm a big fan of the Olympics and fully intend to go to watch some of the events (especially the football).

Let's not be sourpuss Muslims and be happy about something happening in the country we live in.

Guest amani

Hah..!  Poor NY.

Stupid waste of money and time.  I got bored last yr when it came around. :D

:D im not even sure who won what :D

and yes, the mcb dont speak for me and im not bothered about the olympics

like 2012 is so long away..so much can happen...

Definitely glad it's not coming here to New York.  B)

Yeah, I know, I was bein sarcastic. :D I'm also glad it ain't.

Wonder what Yank feels? :D

Edited by mm_ca04

traffics bad enough, without all that extra. i enjoy watching the olympics, i don't really mind where they hold it to be honest. it makes no odds to me.

Brother. All I am doing is making it clear that what they are doing is wrong. If I leave it at that I will get the Sin upon my back because I and other Muslims know that what they are teaching is completely against the Shari'a of Islam.

Muhammad s.gif said:

"Expose corruption to those around you especially if such corruption comes from those who call upon the Shahada".

At-Tirmidhi.

Top Scholars of Islam have stated that:

"Exposing corruption from Muslims out to ruin the Ummah is not backbiting, rather it is a form of protection to the Muslim Ummah."

I am guiding you by warning you of their corruption. Guidance is to guide Muslims away from corruption and lead them to purity that is Siratul-Mustaqeem.

Well said , bro! I agree , i cant stand this man. What makes it worse is that he claims to speak for muslims whereas i have yet to meet any muslim who takes this disgusting man seriously.