Islamic Forum
jihad4ever

Q For The Westerners

Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?

In nomin Jesu I offer you peace jihad4ever,

I am an orthodox Catholic Christian first before I am a Westerner but I understand the meaning of your question so I would answer that I personally think that Muslims are similar to any other group of people in which you find some good and some not-so-good.

What about the mujahideen?

As a non-muslim, I question highly the rationale that war (of any kind) is to be rewarded in the hereafter. One thing I believe we can agree, God gave us all "Free-will" to sow what reward or punishment we desire on earth for the hereafter so I don't see the rationale for reward in a "people of God" subjugating those same people God Himself was not willing to subjugate. It doesn't seem very godly if that is what the mujahideen are striving for "Godliness".

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets."

Do u think they are fighting u just for fun? Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

I think there are many reasons people "go-to-war" but mostly out of impatience and pride. Both of which are sins in my faith.

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert.

When you understand the nature of conflict, you will repent. :D

Peace, Love and Blessings,

Edited by maranatha

PropellerAds
Salaam,

So, your thinking of repenting?Good, u wont regret it, believe me.

j

In nomine Jesu I offer you peace jihad4ever,

Thinking of repenting? I repent my sins every day! And you are right, I have never regreted it. Praise be to God.

Salaam,

What about reverting?I mean, u seem like a very nice person, and I am sure ull love Islam, the religioin of love and compassion.Think about it, and after u revert u can become my sista, and the sista of 1.2 billioin others :D .

J

Salaam,

What about reverting?I mean, u seem like a very nice person, and I am sure ull love Islam, the religioin of love and compassion.Think about it, and after u revert u can become my sista, and the sista of 1.2 billioin others :D .

J

Peace be with you always Jihad4ever,

Well, that is just able the nicest Da'wah (invitation) to Islam I have had and frankly I think it's much more effective than attempting to argue history or some other negative methods that I have seen but I must say, with all due respect to you jihad4ever, I'm not convinced that Islam is a religion of love and compassion. I say this with absolutely not desire to offend you or any Muslim who is struggling to live a moral life praising the glory of God. The Catholic Church recognizes Islam in it's understanding of God's Plan of Salvation for man as much as they claim the religion of Abraham. I am informed by this teaching as a Christian so I have hope in the Salvation of Muslims but I would be remise to not recognize the level of violence within Muslim Culture. I continue to hold all my faith in the Catholic Christian Faith.

But let me thank you for giving me a brief moment of peace among your people. Blessings to you and your family. Amen.

Salaam,

Hey thanks for giving me that tip.From now on, i wont argue history or stuff.So, do u mind if i PM you and try to convince you?Please.

And, may God lead u into Islam, and ur family 2.

Bro Jihad4ever

Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert  :D  .

J

I can hardly describe myself as a Westerner, yet I'll comment on your questions.

There is a great difference within the Muslim community depending on: the country where they live, their nationality (Arab or not), their wealth, their education, the depth of their faith, and many other factors.

Mujahideen?

In Afghanistan, I wholeheartedly backed the Mujahideen fighting against the Soviet occupation and against the Taliban.

In Chechnya, they started and are waging a civil war and a war of secession, causing a backlash from central authorities in Moscow, and I oppose both the Chechen rebels, especially when they seize hospitals and schools, and the actions by the Russian military - they should negotiate.

In Palestine, I want the Palestinians to have a state of their own, but I don't like when they blow up israeli children, even if israeli authorities kill Palestinian children - civilians shouldn't be killed in war.

In Iraq, I'm more inclined to support the resistance against the occupation but when insurgents capture civilians and execute them on camera, I don't respect them as men.

On religion. I was once told by a 'true' Russian Orthodox believer that for my views I'll burn in hell... I don't know if the Islamic hell is cooler, but I don't seem to have a choice :D

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?

I guess most of this was answered in the previous posts, but I feel that Muslims are just like every other group, we have the good the bad, the educated and the uneductated etc... You can't just say well every muslim believes in killing westerners.

What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert

I don't believe that the occupation in Iraq is good, I am against this and I say this as an american, but the difference here is that I am able to say this without feeling that I am going to be persecuted. What about the innocent Care representative from Ireland who is an Iraqi citizen, do you think that is a mujahideen fight for freedom? I understand that they will fight the troops and even though we want nobody to die, it's a war and it happens. The people who are trying to help the iraqis, not all westerners are evil, why are they killing htem? The Care Hostage Margaret Hassan, shes with an organization that is trying to help, she had no other intentions. What about Fern Holland? "http://fernholland.newsok/?fern_holland_home"]fernholland.newsok/?fern_holland_home[/url] she was in Iraq trying to helpp iraqi women become independent and she along with her fellow aids were killed, this is something that as an outsider it is hard to comprehend. I understand that the invasion is wrong, but what about people who want to help?

Salaam,

Hey thanks for giving me that tip.From now on, i wont argue history or stuff.So, do u mind if i PM you and try to convince you?Please.

And, may God lead u into Islam, and ur family 2.

Bro Jihad4ever

Peace be with you Jihad4ever,

Thank you for your kindness but for now I would prefer to keep dialogs public if you don't mind.

May God extend His Mercy on us both. Amen.

Salaam,

But how can i cajole u into Islam that way?

Asalamu'alaikum Jihad4ever,

maranatha will not be replying to your post. She's been removed from the site for arguing with Kadafi. I did get an email from her and she told you were the one bright spot of her visits here.

She thanks you.

Wasalaam,

Salaam,

How sweet!Now ill send her and email insha Allah.

J

Asalamu'alaikum Brother,

I know she is still reading here PM's here perhaps, under the circumstances she'd reconsider you PM'ing here. I don't see why not I understand she is still PM'ing Kadafi so it can't be a modesty thing.

Wasalaam,

Unfourtantely the majority of Islams and Americans are brainwashed in their own perspective ways.

methinks i agree with your statement. the world act based on their own perspective. that's why we have our differences, tend to be at logger head all the time

I could be wrong but from reading the posts,I get the feeling that the person who went away from Islam,is being questioned about his reasons for doing so,one person even said his reasons were silly. If he has made his choice and is happy with it,then surely that should be how it is left. His decision should be respected, no?

I could be wrong but from reading the posts,I get the feeling that the person who went away from Islam,is being questioned about his reasons for doing so,one person even said his reasons were silly. If he has made his choice and is happy with it,then surely that should be how it is left. His decision should be respected, no?

Peace be upon you all,

Muslims have to respect all faiths and religions.We are not supposed to mock or insult anyone.l think a 'discussion' or a 'debate' is not a disrespect.The guy has himself posted his reasons for going out of Islam.So it's a question to his reasoning which is very naive.....and it's not a disrespect at all.

Ma'a salaam

Hassan

Edited by absha007

asalam alaikum

The only questions that i could answer are these:

what do you think of the mujahideen

you know in all honestly i dont know what to beleieve, i do not support them nor do i oppose them, this is simply because i dont know what they are fighting and i simply trust my experience rather than that of what people have told me. I guess i have this phobia of being brainwashed emotionally, i think as someone accurately put it "think with their hearts not with their brains", i dont attribute that to them, im afraid of that being attributed to me.

as for shiraz, i think we should leave the guy alone, it seems he is firmly on his desicion and for that reason we should leave him alone to make his own choices now.

Edited by Lateralus63

Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert  :D  .

J

1.) I believe like whats been posted here before. You have good and bad members just like any other group.

2.) I dont know much about the mujahideen. I would have to research them more before I could give an answer.

But I will give you my word that I will learn about it (conflict) and give you a truthful answer.