Islamic Forum
jihad4ever

Q For The Westerners

Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert :D .

J

PropellerAds
Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?

I don't judge people for wich religion they follow, i do judge their actions.

What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?

I honestly think they have been brainwashed, and they are mostly likely going to lose their life for nothing.

Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

People with no future and no hope will do things like that, and for sure dying for religion will not build a future for the childers........actually they are killing the hope and future of their childerns.... and the loop start.... endless war.

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert 

Is not question of "understand"..... you just need to open a book of history to know for sure where all that crap will lead the humanity.

Peace, jihad4ever,

I think Muslims are the same as any group of people, there are the same number of dimwits, intullectuals and normal people as every other group in society. Your lives are led in a very different manner to my own, in some respects with worse consequences and in other respects much better consequences than my own. :D

Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

In the huge majority of cases I'm sure Muslims in occupied territories are not fighting for fun and they believe there is a just cause. I think a lot of Muslims do leave their homes and fight in occupied territories because they think that they're helping to resolve the situation as they see it and follow their religious beliefs at the same time. It's really down to individual circumstances as to whether they are resolving anything and/or are following Islam properly. To say all the Muhahideen are conducting themselves properly would be wrong, however to say that all the Mujahideen are barbaric terrorists would also be completely wrong.

I would say though that grouping any large group of people and guessing what their beliefs are leads to a lot of problems, whether that be 'westerners' judging Muslims or Muslims judging 'westerners'. Every single Westerner I know on this board has a different opinion on most issues than every other. Some are completely anti-war, some are anti-homosexuality, some are anti-Bush and some are the opposites of all these things. This applies for every political issue I've ever discussed with any of them.

I'd say I have a reasonable understanding of what's going on, though I can't see me reverting any time soon, Islam just isn't for me. As you chaps always say, 'Allah guides whom he wishes' :D

Peace out,

Eoin

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?

Which Muslim?

Barbaric?

Some yes, some no. Just like Westerners.

What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?

I think they are fighting because of their hearts, and not because of their brains. I think their hatred is so intense that they don't look at what the effect is.

Did you come here to ask questions or to make a point? If you have a point to make then please make it. Rhetorical questions do little good.

Salaam,

I dont really know if I constiture as a Westerner. But I'll give my view as someone who was once muslim but turned away from Islam.

I don't think as muslims as barbaric. Not the majority anyways. I would describe muslims as backwards. And not just muslims, anyone who believes that their way of life is the only way. In other words, I highly distrust religion in general.

What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

The only problem that I have with the Mujahideen, and orthers like them, is that they bring religion into conflicts where it is not needed. Iraq, Chechnya, Palestine, etc. These conflicts are political, not religous. And as soon as muslims bring Islam into these conflicts they automatically lose sympathy to their cause.I think that people that are killing indiscriminatly and blowing themselves up for their cause are too blinded by their own hate to know the political effects of what they are doing. They are in essence digging their own grave and making worse the oppression they are already under.

I understand the conflict perfectly. But im not going to convert in a million years.

I dont really know if I constiture as a Westerner. But I'll give my view as someone who was once muslim but turned away from Islam.

Asalamu'alaikum ShirazC,

I noticed this part of your post and I was at once taken aback by it. I am greatly misappointed that your imaan has faded to the point that you have walked away from the Straight Path. I am also disappointed that we, your brothers and sisters, failed to aid you as your imaan weakened and broke under whatever brought you to the path in which you find yourself on this day. May Allah guide you back and restore your imaan to once again join us soon. Ameen.

If it is not something you to discuss here please offer me your story, friend via PM. I would truly like to hear it, insha'Allah.

Barak'Allah Wasalaam,

:D

I don't think as muslims as barbaric. Not the majority anyways. I would describe muslims as backwards. And not just muslims, anyone who believes that their way of life is the only way. In other words, I highly distrust religion in general.

i am always suprised when i hear ppl say that muslims are 'backward', the thing is that i have lived int he west a very long time and i have lived int he middle east also, and visited occasionally, and i see the difference between here and there. but i dont consider them 'backward' i think that is a very harsh judgement to make on them, mainly because i beleive that in most of these countries we have seriously great, educated, people, the problem is that there is no oppertunity for them to shine, and end up leaving and giving their knowledge and their ahrd work in the west. those that cant leave live in a country, led by leaders who couldnt give a crap about what state their people were in, education is not a good tool to give away easily to your population if you want to control them, and these leaders know it. i dont blame them in this, i'm sure that if the UK for example was led by the same leaders their way of life and beleifs and educational status would differ immensely. and when i see the foerigners who come to the UK and living in the west, busting themselves working and educating themselves in order to give themselves oppertunities they know they would never gain in their homelands i cant consider that backwardness. what is backward if you want to use that phrase is how ppl in the west take for granted the oppertunities that are open and free to them, because they do not know their meaning and how many ppl would die to get that same freedom to have an education and a decent life.

no one is backward, i think it's wrong to think of anyone as being so, ppl have different cultures and belifs, whether you think theyre odd, or not in keeping with your own life experience does not lead it to being backward, because they'd probably think the same about you.

ok......enough waffling........

goodnight

If it is not something you to discuss here please offer me your story, friend via PM. I would truly like to hear it, insha'Allah.

There are many reasons why I left Islam.

I came to the realization that there is nothing in Islam that sets it apart from any other religion. Nothing strikingly remarkable that makes Islam the "true religion." Because of this I came to realize that I was a muslim for no other reason then the fact that I was born to muslim parents. From birth I was taught that Islam was the true religion and never even considered the option that Islam was wrong. How could I have known that Islam was right if I never even researched other religions and even entertained the tought of them being right? For me to accept that Islam was the right path I would have to accept that I had simply braved the odds and had luckily been born to muslim parents, I could just as easily been born Christian and then by Islamic standards I would be a kuffar and would have gone to hell. Thinking like this, one can come to realize that Christianity could just as easily be the true religion, or Judaism, or Hinduism, or Idol Worshiping. It doesnt matter. Each religion thinks they have the true religion, not just Islam. And there is nothing that makes one religion more right that another, besides the fact that you were born into it.

Islam by nature is a highly ritualistic religion. I find that Islam has lost its spirituality and turned to a more tangible form of worship. One can see this by how a Muslims worth in Islam is in part made up of how much they pray. If a person is a good person, what difference does it make if they bow down facing the Easy 5 times a day. I find it disturbing that people will be going to hell because they simply dont perform this mundane act that really serves no useful purpose.

Lastly Islam simply goes against my philosophical belief as a devout liberal. I simply dont believe in Islamic teachings and rulings. Stonings for example, cutting of the hands, etc etc.

This is why I think Islam is a generally backward minded mindset. As muslims we are told to simply accept what we are given to us and not question our existence. How can you be so sure Islam is the true religion? You have been brought up being tought that Islam is the true path, and it is against human nature to question the reality of your way of life. If you think about, you could just as easily be wrong about Islam as you think jews are wrong about their religion.

Despite all this I dont hate muslims. Infact almost all my friends are muslims. People I befriended back when I believed in Islam. Also I find it hard to let go of certain things that I have been brought up to believe. I dont eat pork, I dont drink, I still fast in ramadan and I go to Taravee prayers every so often. These are things that are simply part of my upbringing that I cant let go of no matter how hard I try. But the core belief is long gone

sorry to bore everyone with my life story.

Peace

Edited by ShirazC

^^^ your reasons for leaving indicate that your parents and you have little knowladge about Islam and its teachings, perhaps you are from country wer Islam has acutally become a culture rather then a relgion,

this is particulary true for the people in the middle east.

your reasons lack proper evidance, ofcourse 1 can be born in any relgion but a true person would think and try and find the trurth even if they were muslim. hindu. etc perhaps Allah has put a seal over your heart i dont know perhaps you may return 1 day to the true path i dont no, but honestly is these reasons are silly to me,

you need education read up on relgion comparrison,

Peace Slave,

The reasons given by Muslims for Islam are basically the same reasons that I hear Christians and others give for their religions. I was raised a Christian but pretty much came to the same understanding that Shiraz did.

Shiraz I think Just becuase you did not feel Islam does not mean the Problem is with Islam , its your inner self you should try and come to peace with .

May Allah SWT guide you back to the straight path bro.

To take a decision like that ShirazC is enormous and needs lots of thought and research. It literally is life-altering.

Becoming Muslim is not easy either. In fact, many people dont have supporting families and risk being disowned in this world. But people still revert, because they know that this life is only temporary and so are their sufferings here in it.

Allah guides people to Islam, not other Muslims. A Muslim cant really take credit for bringing someone into the fold of Islam because it is all Allah's will.

I've posted a link of a thread where someone shares how the quran helped her through the worse time of her life.

Hope it is inspiring.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=990"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=990[/url]

I don't judge people for wich religion they follow, i do judge their actions.

I honestly think they have been brainwashed, and they are mostly likely going to lose their life for nothing.

People with no future and no hope will do things like that, and for sure dying for religion will not build a future for the childers........actually they are killing the hope and future of their childerns.... and the loop start.... endless war.

Is not question of "understand"..... you just need to open a book of history to know for sure where all that crap will lead the humanity.

Brainwashed? Hmm…what the whole nation of Al-hamas? Wow…are you to say non of them could escape from ‘brainwash?’ Saying that you are implying that they have as little knowledge as a 5 year old child…hmm.

So you are saying that they hate their lives and engulfing themselves into war and using religion as an excuse so that it does not make them suicide committers?...because that is forbidden in Islam.

Yes it is a question of understand and a willingness to open your hearts…funny you say that ‘crap’ as if you see yourself more worthy and important than your own creator…Well you have your religion and we have ours…God guides whom he wishes so don’t be so hasty to say you won’t revert, many have said that before you and yet they found themselves reverting.

Edited by Crystal Eyes

There are many reasons why I left Islam.

I came to the realization that there is nothing in Islam that sets it apart from any other religion. Nothing strikingly remarkable that makes Islam the "true religion." Because of this I came to realize that I was a muslim for no other reason then the fact that I was born to muslim parents. From birth I was taught that Islam was the true religion and never even considered the option that Islam was wrong. How could I have known that Islam was right if I never even researched other religions and even entertained the tought of them being right? For me to accept that Islam was the right path I would have to accept that I had simply braved the odds and had luckily been born to muslim parents, I could just as easily been born Christian and then by Islamic standards I would be a kuffar and would have gone to hell. Thinking like this, one can come to realize that Christianity could just as easily be the true religion, or Judaism, or Hinduism, or Idol Worshiping. It doesnt matter. Each religion thinks they have the true religion, not just Islam. And there is nothing that makes one religion more right that another, besides the fact that you were born into it.

Islam by nature is a highly ritualistic religion. I find that Islam has lost its spirituality and turned to a more tangible form of worship. One can see this by how a Muslims worth in Islam is in part made up of how much they pray. If a person is a good person, what difference does it make if they bow down facing the Easy 5 times a day. I find it disturbing that people will be going to hell because they simply dont perform this mundane act that really serves no useful purpose.

Lastly Islam simply goes against my philosophical belief as a devout liberal. I simply dont believe in Islamic teachings and rulings. Stonings for example, cutting of the hands, etc etc.

This is why I think Islam is a generally backward minded mindset. As muslims we are told to simply accept what we are given to us and not question our existence. How can you be so sure Islam is the true religion? You have been brought up being tought that Islam is the true path, and it is against human nature to question the reality of your way of life. If you think about, you could just as easily be wrong about Islam as you think jews are wrong about their religion.

Despite all this I dont hate muslims. Infact almost all my friends are muslims. People I befriended back when I believed in Islam. Also I find it hard to let go of certain things that I have been brought up to believe. I dont eat pork, I dont drink, I still fast in ramadan and I go to Taravee prayers every so often. These are things that are simply part of my upbringing that I cant let go of no matter how hard I try. But the core belief is long gone

sorry to bore everyone with my life story.

Peace

Your post implies that you left Islam because of your family and culture not because of the real religion. If you honestly deserted Islam then you still wouldn’t have the habit of fasting…etc. I want to know…if you are not Muslim why still fast. Why do taraweeh? Any Muslim who left the religion would have taken this ‘chance’ to get drunk, eat pork and take part in all those unlawful things. Your reason for leaving the religion leaves me with doubtful worry….nonetheless what you choose to follow is your decision…you are smart and big enough to know what is right and wrong. Only god can guide who he wishes.

I’d lake to point out that not all kufars shall enter hell. Like when prophets were still coming to pass on the message of the true path there was always years of gap before the next prophet came along. So all the non-Muslims who died without having a prophet to follow, shall enter paradise.

peace

Your post implies that you left Islam because of your family and culture not because of the real religion.

I never said anything about my family or culture in my post. I pretty much left Islam because I didnt agree with the religion anymore. I find most of the teachings to be unreasonable, unrealistic and simply wrong morally. I could give you a long list of all the problems I have with Islam but I dont want to bore everyone here with my life story. The best way I can explain it is that I was no longer compatible with the religion of Islam. Finally admitting to myself that something was wrong gave me the ability to ask the hard questions. My questions were answered and I am no longer a muslim. So I left Islam because of the real religion not the culture or my family.

I want to know…if you are not Muslim why still fast. Why do taraweeh? Any Muslim who left the religion would have taken this ‘chance’ to get drunk, eat pork and take part in all those unlawful things.

These are simply things that I was brought up to believe in. They have been branded into my head and I have believed in these things all my life. I cant go against these without feeling some form of guilt or feeling that I am somehow turning my back on my past completely. These are just things that I keep to help me remember things from back in the day I guess.

Also I have come to the understanding that all non muslims will enter hell after death. I started a post a while back on this forum about the subject and got my answer.

Edited by ShirazC

I find that Islam has lost its spirituality and turned to a more tangible form of worship. One can see this by how a Muslims worth in Islam is in part made up of how much they pray. If a person is a good person, what difference does it make if they bow down facing the Easy 5 times a day. I find it disturbing that people will be going to hell because they simply dont perform this mundane act that really serves no useful purpose.

if u find that praying 5 times a day is purposeless then what do u feel when u bow down in taraweeh? In fact if u find this ritual that occurs 1 month in a whole year to be habitual, then how can praying 5 times a day (which is mandatory) everyday not be 'branded into your head'?

If it was not 'branded', then there leaves room for a possibility that you may not have made a fully informed decision.

It's just a thought.

Crystal eyes, you are right about people reverting. There were some real Muslim haters who took the Shahadah after cursing Islam severely.

Salaam,

I was wondering, what do you guys think of muslims?Barbaric?What about the mujahideen?Do u think they are fighting u just for fun?Do u think that they left their homes, wives and children, to fight U in the Occupied Territories Of Islam, for no reason?

When u understand the nature of the conflict, I am sure u will revert  :D  .

J

Many of us in the west are truly embarrassed at the actions of the Americans but feel we are powerless to stop them. I have tried to change attitudes and have been met with ideas and beliefs that Stalin would have been embarrassed to repeat.

The world dominance of the United States will not last forever. Like every world power before them who forced their views on others, their dominance will come to an end. When it does I fear for their citizens since they have very few friends in the world community. Canada will most likely fall as well since our economies are so closely tied together. If Canada somehow manages to untangle itself, the potential influx of American citizens will cause their fall regardless.

I highly doubt this will happen in my lifetime but it is inevitable. There is a German saying that the Americans should take to heart. Roughly translated: "How you shout into the forest is how it will echo back at you"

W

Peace be upon you all,

Brother Shiraz have you ever studied Qur'aan?.May Allah(swt) open your heart to Islam.

salaam

Hassan

Peace,

Yeah those darned Islams, they need some proper education! :D

musliMSSSS!!! :D talk about needing education.. :P

Edited by flutterby

Salaam,

And u need an education to know that this forum is owned by Muslims.You are guests here, if you dont behave and respect our religion, u will be shown the door :D

:D the might belongs to Islam.

M

Peace,

And u need an education to know that this forum is owned by Muslims.You are guests here, if you dont behave and respect our religion, u will be shown the door

You're obviously a chap with a sense of humour. I'd dissect the joke for you but everyone knows that it isn't funny anymore after somebody does that...

Hrm. Well, since it does actually answer (at least in small part) the thread's topic question, I'll observe:

Muslims, largely, seem to suffer from tierischer Ernst.