Islamic Forum

aslaam alkyum,

here are some riddles for you peeps.......

1)You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

2)"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

The above passage is taken from the book "Gatsby" written by Ernest Vincent Wright in the late 1930's

3)What has 5(sometimes 4) hands but is normal

4)The music stopped. The woman dies. Why

5)Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling, though they couldn't figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table. Just a puddle of water. How'd he do it

6)You arrive at a hotel and have 3 sets of golden rings. The first set of rings has 4 rings, the second set has 2 rings and the third only has one ring. You cannot take these sets of rings apart, exchange them for a different form of currency, and the hotel clerk has no change. You want to stay at the hotel for 7 nights, and you have to pay one gold ring for each night that you stay. You cannot pay in advance, or all at once at the end of your stay. How do you pay for your 7 nights at the hotel

phew, :D thats enough for now.

wa alkyum aslaam

PropellerAds
aslaam alkyum,

4)The music stopped. The woman dies. Why

:D

I think I am familiar with this one. The music stopped because the electricity went out. And the women was in hospital or something attached with machines. And the machines also stopped working because there was no electricity.

aslaam alkyum,

5)Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling, though they couldn't figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table. Just a puddle of water. How'd he do it

I know this one also. The man put a block of ice, climbed it and hung himself. When police arrived the block of ice had melted into puddle of water.

Am I genius or what...no, actually just well informed. :D

Edited by AaTk

aslaam alkyum,

1)You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth

I am not sure about this one. You can ask the door whether I am male. The door will either lie or tell the truth.

Or you can ask the door whether I am intelligent...and if the door replies no, then I will go through that door because it is telling the truth :D

aslaam alkyum,

wow 3 of my riddles already solved,

first one, ermmm differnt soloution to mine, mine was the woman was a blindfolde tightrope walker, and te music was her guide to when she reached the end, but the music stopped to early, so the woman fell to her death.

second one YES,

third one, that could work, but not the answer im looking for. you seem pretty intelligent to me, lol.

wa alkyum aslaam

This shows how intelligent I am. I found out the answer for the above riddle, but still cannot understand the logic behind it. I am currently figuring it out.

Your second riddle is missing something??? A question I guess.

Brother, after someone tells the 1st riddle, you have to explain the logic behind it, because I found the answer, but cannot find the logic behind it.

6)You arrive at a hotel and have 3 sets of golden rings. The first set of rings has 4 rings, the second set has 2 rings and the third only has one ring. You cannot take these sets of rings apart, exchange them for a different form of currency, and the hotel clerk has no change. You want to stay at the hotel for 7 nights, and you have to pay one gold ring for each night that you stay. You cannot pay in advance, or all at once at the end of your stay. How do you pay for your 7 nights at the hotel

1st day - give him the 3rd set (1 ring)

2nd day - give him the 2nd set (2 rings) and take back the 3rd set (1 ring)

3rd day - give him the 3rd set (1 ring) [plus he already has the 2nd set (2 rings)]

4th day - give him the 1st set (4 rings) and take back the other sets

5th day - give him the 3rd set (1 ring) [plus he already has the 1st set (4 rings)]

6th day - give him the 2nd set (2 rings) and take back the 3rd set (1 ring) [plus he already has the 1st set (4 rings)]

7th day - give him the 3rd set (1 ring) [so he has all the sets of rings]

If u understood all that :D :D

Wonderful, now can someone explain the 1st riddle...I am really getting confused with it.

Patience brother, patience. Oh...ok.

Sister, tell me that you didnt search "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] for it. :D

I actually now know the answer to all the riddles. :D :D :D

But I still cannot understand the 1st one (even after finding the answer).

That is great sister. Mathematical mind. Great.

I knew about the two riddles I posted and then for the rest, I without any hesitation searched "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] for the answer. Because maths and I dont get along very well. We had our differences since childhood.

:D for the explanation brother for the first riddle. But you have to agree that my way was also very easy one.

Just ask the door how many fingers I am holding up? and if it tells a lie, just punch the door in the stomach and go through the other door.

I am sure i know the first one, i have read a similar one but my mind is blank.

The 2nd one i just don't get at all :D There is no question, but u say that u have to read the words carefully?

Number 3... a clock? :D

aslaam alkyum,

first on is quite easy, saecond one read the words carefully, something is missing. a clock is close, but not the right answer.

wa alkyum aslaam

ahem ahem,

may i come in :D

aaaaah so here's the same loads of question :D

ah ok i'll keep shut :D

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah,

mind if i butt in??

i think the answer 2 the 2nd Q is >>>>

it has somthin 2 do wiv the letr E... it doesnt hav it or somethin like dat.

salaam