Islamic Forum
--**MinorityOpinions**--

Intimidated By A Successful Woman?

do you feel intimidated by a successful woman; in religion, money, or education?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. do you feel intimidated by a successful woman; in religion, money, or education?

• man- in religion
    • man- in money/work
    • man- i education
    • man- in religion and in money/work
    • man- in religion and in education
    • man- all of the above
    • woman- in religion
    • woman- in money/work
    • woman- i education
    • woman- in religion and in money/work
    • woman- in religion and in education
    • woman- all of the above
    • Not intimidated

As Salaam Alaikum,

I would like to know if you feel intimidated by a woman who has success? Be in reliigon, money/work, or education.

Sisters answer too; actually I am started this because of a couple of sisters.

I said that I wanted to work and you should of seen what a debate it caused!!

And yes I do believe that it's more than just "Oh you may mix with men". I believe it may deal with just a woman minding her own (meaning, being able to be independent if she wanted/had too).

So are you intimidated by this?

Share your comments please.

oooppps i am sorry. i dind'ty put a "no i'm not a intimidated" option. Please help mods :D

Edited by DemaChanRas

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikaum

I wouldn't feel intimidated. Wouldn't mind marrying one either. I think it's cool, if she was smarter than me, more religious etc.

But thing is, would a woman like that marry me who is "lower" than her *sniff*

:D

Doest matter to me what anybody's level of Imaan, Education or Money they have.

I always pray that my wife becomes strong in all these things & I m still for women working when it's a neccesity or is profession that can really help women or other muslims (Doctors, nurses, teachers, Aid agencies, etc...). If she suceeds in these type of work I would b the happiest person out there.

But if her goal is to have a successful career & works just so that she can have more $$$/ fame or worldy recognition then it's NOT COOL.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Lolz...where is NONE of teh above?

Only someone who is weak in their personality or deen would be intimidated.

Alhumdullilah, if i see and hear a practising sister talking about Islam...i think Masha'Allah...someone with Inteligence!

Wa'Salam.

if you feel intimidated by a woman who has success? Be in reliigon, money/work, or education
not at all..

:D in fact i encourage it so i can sit back and take a nap :D

I am intimidated by women who are stronger than me in deen and in their knowledge but its more that I look up to them than feel squashed by them.

and no i'm not afraid of successful women haahahahah

im not intimidated by a successful woman. I would admire a woman who manages to be successful in all three aspects at the same time, but why should i be scared of them?

im not intimidated by a successful woman. I would admire a woman who manages to be successful in all three aspects at the same time, but why should i be scared of them?

definitely agree sister...why should a person feel intimidated by someone who is more successful than them in any way?

"Wouldn't mind marrying one either. I think it's cool, if she was smarter than me, more religious etc."

i also agree with this, in fact inshallah, i'd prefer to get married to someone whos more 'successful' in deen than me.

I'll admit it, I can feel a bit intimidated by sisters' knowledge of the deen. By no means should sisters refrain from seeking knowledge it's just that, as a revert, i have to play catch up :D

I just worry that, if I married a woman who was born Muslim and is very practicing, she will find flaws in my practicing of the faith and ridicule me. However, inshallah, that will be motivation to correct my Islam and a true Muslim woman would offer constructive criticism and not be offensive...inshallah :D :D

AS

Probably marry one ... if you cant beat em join em :D

:sl:

Intimidated?

No way!!

I would feel more admoration for the Sister than jealousy or be intimidated by the Sister.

The more Sisters that are successfull, surely this will reflect on the Muslim community and the more successfull we will be inshallah.

Intimidated? ha ha ha never

To be intimidated would mean I think that she was higher than me or more important then me. Never. We are all equal in the eyes of Allah, so I would merely admire the Sister.

Edited by IBowOnly2Allah

With all due respect to the starter of this poll and all the gentlemen that kindly stated that they are not intimidated: You are not truthful to yourselves.

The truth is, the vast majority of men are intimidated by women's knowledge and/or career success. I have a higher education and have been working for 15 years and I'm quite advanced in my career. Through the years I have found that ALL men claim that they have no problem, but you can easily tell that they do have a problem and they are very much intimidated by both knowledge and career. However, they are usually impressed if it was religion or money (except when the money comes from religion).

No, I didn’t get this from a bad experience; I work in a male dominated industry and I can see how men react. Some don’t have a problem, that’s true; but most are clearly intimidated.

So, if you think you don’t have a problem, wait until your woman colleague gets the promotion and then ask someone to tell you how your reaction was.

Anyway, I can truly understand why a man would be intimidated; but what I don’t understand is why women are – actually, this is the first time I hear that some women are intimidated.

The truth is, the vast majority of men are intimidated by women's knowledge and/or career success. I

Agreed, it does happen, even in United Nations, the biggest organisation in the world.

Peace,

I'm kind of with Mawahi on this one. My ex-girlfriend went to one of the UK's most exclusive public schools, was studying medicine when I met her and she was absolutely loaded. I beat her in looks and my chat was infinitely better ( :sl: ) but on aggregate it always felt like she was 'better', particularly after she became a Doctor. Not that it made her any less attractive but I'm not a fan of being the underdog! All that said I genuinely don't have any issues with women being in positions of authority, most jobs I've had my boss has ultimately been female. Maybe my generation are just more used to it?

No way would i be intimidated - I wish her all the best , and if its my wife all the better :sl: .

give me time to drive my harley ( wishful thinking) and cruise all the time - and go on as many fishing trips I want too .

:j: .

Intimidated ??

No, not at all.

But i dont understand what it means "work to be independent?"

independent to do what they please ?

to not care what the husband or the father or childrens opinion.

I know men who became independent have done that.

heck no!!

i'm definitely in the "marry them quick before they could get away" crowd.

but i *have* met some women who are successful (and some who are not), who try to dominate the people around, i wouldnt say i was intimidated by such women, more irritated. The same naturally goes for men as well, and in truth for me it is men who seem to try to dominate more, whereas most women seem to find an actually intelligent (in the female sense, sisters will know what i mean) man to be something of a novelty. For this reason most of the people i trust most are women, i just get sick and tired of the constant competition with other men, who are always trying to feed their egos instead of just getting along and accepting we are all at different levels of ability on different matters.

sorry - turned a thread about successful women into a rant about men. :sl:

peace and love. :sl:

For this reason most of the people i trust most are women, i just get sick and tired of the constant competition with other men, who are always trying to feed their egos instead of just getting along and accepting we are all at different levels of ability on different matters.

Absolutely true. But i find that trait in women too sometimes. However not women who are strangers to me. Rather women who are related to me or known me in a way. Eg. my friends wife. My friend feels she is constantly trying to prove she is as intelligent as him. He never disagrees, but yet.

But yes men ...oooooo man their egos get so bruised. Eg. This guy a CPA (accountant) was arguing about proft and sales. I was of the opinion that sales are more imp than profit. Especially if you can carry out mass prod'n (law of large numbers). Cuz then if you maximise sales you eventually maximize profit. He disagreed, argued and came back 20 minutes later saying he was sorry and he agreed. He also commented that if its a niche segment the concept works opp. To which i agreed.

Well i think people can have a lot of such rants about men and they would love to contribute.

Assalamualikum

i aint intimidated Alhumdulilah..........i hate arrogant proud rich people....................as for religious muslims........i love them and try to be their friends, so yeah

But i dont understand what it means "work to be independent?"

independent to do what they please?

Independent as in "she does not need anyone" regardless whether she wanted to do something or not. Independent means that if her husband passed away leaving nothing she can still live a good life without accepting charity. It means that if her husband was really bad, she doesn't have to stick around for the mere reason that she can't leave. Independent literally means "Not Dependant". Check the dictionary for further details.

Why do you (as a man) want to be independent? It’s basically the same reason. By the way, your question shows that there is a little bit of intimidation: you worry that if she was independent, she might do things you don’t want her to do and you can not do anything about it!

pps: Although a great deal of independence is gained financially, however, indpendence is also a state of mind.

peace,

By the way, your question shows that there is a little bit of intimidation: you worry that if she was independent, she might do things you don’t want her to do and you can not do anything about it!

but sister, have you not understood that woman was created from man's rib, and is thus inferior in every respect, and must be controlled by man in case she wants to eat an apple?!?

---i think you should go back to sunday school!!! :sl:

LOL, j/king j/king.

Peace, and Love. :sl: