Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allah's Slave

Learning To Write Arabic...

:D

Is it permissible to consciously to decide to write Arabic holding the pen in the left hand?

AS

PropellerAds

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatu,

It is seen as being suboptional to write with left hand, it is adviced for one to write with their right hand. Unless due to certain difficulties such as broken hand etc...It is more honourable to write with the right hand. Nonetheless scholars have not passed fatwas stating it is unlawful and Allah (swt) knows best.

assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

jazakallah khair for the reply sis. i am aware of how actions performed with the right side are favored. the only reason the question has come up is due to the direction of writing. i know that "lefties" can find writing english with a pen to be irritating because they smear the ink with their hand. it seems that writing arabic with the right hand would do the same. primarily for that reason, i was wondering if it was permissible to learn to write with the left hand. also, then one could learn to become ambidextrous :D

wa salaam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

AS

jazakallah khair for the reply sis.  i am aware of how actions performed with the right side are favored.  the only reason the question has come up is due to the direction of writing.  i know that "lefties" can find writing english with a pen to be irritating because they smear the ink with their hand.  it seems that writing arabic with the right hand would do the same.  primarily for that reason, i was wondering if it was permissible to learn to write with the left hand.  also, then one could learn to become ambidextrous  :D

AS

Anyone?

AS

jazakallah khair for the reply sis.  i am aware of how actions performed with the right side are favored.  the only reason the question has come up is due to the direction of writing.  i know that "lefties" can find writing english with a pen to be irritating because they smear the ink with their hand.  it seems that writing arabic with the right hand would do the same.  primarily for that reason, i was wondering if it was permissible to learn to write with the left hand.  also, then one could learn to become ambidextrous  :D

AS

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Like I stated before, it is not haram to write with your left hand but more honorable to write with your right hand. If it is merely a matter of the ink smudging then of course you can buy more appropriate pen, it is best to follow what is honorable and have sabr for any smudging caused. I was ambidextrous and it didn’t give me an advantage because I still made smudges when writing, so really either way, it seems that smudging is inevitable when using ink pens.

I hope that answers your question :D …