Islamic Forum
Paki Brother

Unmarried Sisters

Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?

• Yes but only if their beard is LESS THAN fist-length
    • Yes but only if their beard is fist-length and no more
    • Yes even if it is longer than fist-length
    • No would rather not
    • Not really sure

:D

The image that I have in my head of what type of man I imagine I would like to marry (which isnt really a good thing to have) has a beard. I agree with what most of the sisters have said, there is something distinguishing about a brother with a beard and because it is sunnah it is all the more appealing and it is an outward symbol of their deen.

PropellerAds

yep, i agree wid most of the sisters here

ive got a little poem to share- hope u dont mind me postng it here..

THE BEAUTY OF THE BEARD

> >

> >"Glorified be He who beautifies women with long locks of hair

> >And Men with long beards

> >There is beauty in the beard

> >Aye, there is beauty in the beard!

> >

> >When the lion roars all the animals submit

> >For the lion is the king of the jungle

> >The lion with its glorious mane

> >And a Muslim man grows his mane in pride

> >Showing the rest of humanity that he is to be respected

> >Can one imagine a lion without its mane?

> >Nay, thou canst not!

> >Then imagine a man without his beard

> >

> >Woe to worldly women who mock the beards so!

> >Desiring husbands with clean shaven faces

> >Woe to women who mock the Prophets Sunnah

> >In the name of hygiene, neatness and smooth texture

> >Indeed the women of this world cannot like the beard

> >But she who wants Paradise adores the beard!

contd..

> >A beard is a gift given to man

> >Something only he can grow; a woman never can!

> >When he ponders, he gently strokes it;

> >When he eats, it stores food;

> >When he is with kids, they play with it adoringly;

> >When he is with his wife, she fondles it lovingly;

> >When the enemy see it, fear is struck in their hearts!

> >Ah! there is indeed beauty in the beard!

> >All the Prophets had beards - yes they did!

> >Muhammad had a beard - so big! so big!

> >All the companions had beards - o yes! o yes!

> >All the sages had beards - I know! I know!

> >All the wise have beards - tis true! tis true!

> >All the pious have beards - you see! you see!

> >All the Muslims have beards!? - if only! if only!

> >Who did not have beards? The kafirun!

> >Who had clean shaven faces? The kafirun!

> >Who grew their moustaches? The kafirun!

> >"And what did our Prophet order?" I here you ask

> >He ordered us to lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!

> >Lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!

> >What greater reason that this can there be

> >The fact that our Prophet told us to see

> >That we make ourselves appear to the world

> >As full bearded men with honour untold

> >O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman

> >When your blessed facial hair is the differece between you and the opposite

> >gender?

> >O poor Muslim brother! Why do you imitate the kafir

> >Instead of following the Prophet of Islam?

> >O silly Muslim sister! Why are you so blind?

> >Infatuated with Bollywood actors who have no mind!

> >O wretched sister! Are you not scared of your choice?

> >You would rather have a feminine monkey instead of an exalted manly ape!

> >So indeed I love my beard

> >And adore the curls and tangles

> >Which no oil, gel or superglue can ever straighten

> >My glorious long, curly, messy, fluffy beard!

> >The playhouse for kids;

> >The envy of Malaysian people

> >And the beloved of Allah!

> >I maybe rejected by worldly women because of this hair on my face

> >But who care! For my Mum loves it and she puts all such sisters to

> >disgrace!

> >Be patient Muslim brothers, who shun the trendy look for a Prophetic pose

> >Paradise with the wide eyed Houris is our final abode!!!!!"

:D btw, i did not write this, as u can tell, i got it in a forwarded e-mail

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

^^ There's a story behind the poem. I think the brother channelled his feelings very well, mA. :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.leicesterisoc(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ARTICLES/TheBeautyOfTheBeard.htm"]The Beauty of the Beard[/url]

Context of poem

I came to eat dinner in my halls of residence one day last year when two sisters started laughing at me; I had some food stuck in my beard. They went on to innocently and honestly mock my beard saying it was messy, unnatural and unhygienic. Little did they know the rage that I felt as a result of this and I channeled this rage by unleashing my anger through my pen and out came this poem.

Wassalaam.

oh yeh, Jazak Allah 4 tellin us

:D wa :D I must say I am quite surprised by the responses. Must be opposite here in the states....

We need more beard-loving sisters over here!

I am in the states bro. :D

Although there quite a few girls that I know who sadly rejected brothers who have beards. Their loss. :D

salamu alikum,

i actually never distingish or even think about long or short bread :D ,

to me it is like beared or not lol .

anyway in generla i don't care about outside as much as inside .

salamu alikum

My condition on what i wanted in a husband was that his beard should be AT LEAST fist legnth, the longer the better...

To me, a man without a beard is like a lion without a mane...

yeah :D i wouldn't marry a brother without a beard.....the beard is a must

soz just wanted to point this out sisters just remember that not all brothers who have a beard are religious arabs have a saying which goes 'mitkhabi fi la7iytah' or sumthin like that which means he hides behind his beard :D im not sayin bearded bros arent religious just remember theres that lil minority that are hidin behind their beards :D

Hehe...but the question was: Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?

Although, I do fully agree with you...I know there are many brothers who just have a beard for show. :D

OOooh OOooh ... I would wanna marry a bearded person.

If i were a gal that is :D ...

a great poem, i loved it. but that beard's gotta be clean and tidy thanks very much!!!!!!!!

No offence to anyone who has a beard. and sisters who wear hijaab.

But the most kind hearted good natured men i have seen in my life are beardless. And the worst behaved ladies i have seen are in the hijaab.

For the beard concerend, it has become a tool to hide ones devil inside. DACOITY and robbery these days are being done by men who are sporting a beard and the sunnah look. we have had reports that some bunch of men did a day light robbery who entered the house wearing masks and all .. but left the place sporitng the sunnah look. By standers thought the generous housekeeper has given them some stuff for charity for the madrassa but the truth was something else.

Like wise ... gurls today use hijaab to hide their identity when they go meet their lovers at the lake side park.

Now you must be thinking why was i observing lovers at the lake side park. the reaosn being :D .. i have to pass that path to get to my institution. and i especially HATE those hijaab wearers WHO STARE at guys top to bottom, front and back, inside out while they are completely covered in their hijaab. I mean HEY LOWERING THE GAZE was meant for BOTH GENDERS.

As far as marriage is concerend, it is the heart that should be targetted, LOOKS can deceive plus the fact that keeping a beard is a decision based upon the persons love for Allah :D and HIS Rasool (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).

And sadly to say unlike the sisters who have posted here .. 90% of the hijaabi sisters in my country prefer the metrosexual look.

But if i were to marry i would marry a woman who atleast preserves her awrah. Hijaabi or not is her decision for SHE WILL be responsible for it.

I do keep a beard but trimmed and short, i am forced to keep it that way ever since the POLICE caught me for some political mishaps in my country.

Once again no offence to y'all just speaking from experience :D

I have just refused to marry a guy without a beard.

My mother was all for him,saying he was humble,he'll listen to your every wish etc..

But I have always taken a beard for a criteria for distinguishing the religiois from the not so religoius.Ofcourse there are exceptions...

Now,I'm wondering if I did the right thing? :D

Wassalam

But the most kind hearted good natured men i have seen in my life are beardless. And the worst behaved ladies i have seen are in the hijaab.

Ive had similar experience

to say that the worst behaved ladies wear hijaab is bit streached. Ofcourse there r hijabis who do all sins but form my personal experiance non-hijabis beat them anyday. But again it might b different from country to country.

I have just refused to marry a guy without a beard.

My mother was all for him,saying he was humble,he'll listen to your every wish etc..

But I have always taken a beard for a criteria for distinguishing the religiois from the not so religoius.Ofcourse there are exceptions...

Now,I'm wondering if I did the right thing? :D

Wassalam

Sister, did you refuse him soley on the fact that he had no beard or were there other factors? :D

if it was just due to the beard, i think that might of been harsh. You should of spoke to him about it to him.

no offense sis but a bearded man isnt nesscarly going to make a better husband. There are enough brutes out there with beards that are rubbish husbands.

He didn't exhibit any other religious trait.either :D

Except being obedient to his mum.

I had taken the beard as a criteria,what other criteria could I possibly apply?

Wassalam

Edited by QuratulAin

Like *Muslim*, mm_ca04, and amani, the beard is a must (and I want it to be as long as it can be). But, like mm said, it's a different issue if it's physically impossible for him to grow a beard.

if he had no beard and was a good muslim.... will u guys say no? why is beard must when u r marrying someone???? because it shows he is following sunnah? its not fard.... is it? O_o and having beard doesnt mean he is a good muslim.... i have seen people with beard who used to beat their wives...what about it?!

I voted for the third option

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

Sister, did you refuse him soley on the fact that he had no beard or were there other factors?  :D

if it was just due to the beard, i think that might of been harsh. You should of spoke to him about it to him.

no offense sis but a bearded man isnt nesscarly going to make a better husband. There are enough brutes out there with beards that are rubbish husbands.

totally agree with u there!

Well, the question is

Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?

Nobody is saying that the beard alone makes you a better Muslim. I totally agree that there are bro's who have beards but don't behave like proper Muslims. However, since the question clearly asked if everything else is good about them...I based my answer on that. :D

And if he is a good Muslim, and plans to grow a beard, yes I would. But if he's got some lousy exuse to continue shaving that would bug me. My brothers managed to grow a beard despite the pressure, so if there's a will theres a way.

BTW: Here is a ruling on shaving the beard. And yes, I am aware that there are differences of opinion, but there some who do believe it is haraam to shave.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=1189&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...e&QR=1189&dgn=4[/url]

Oh no, not even a blonde colour.  It is a mixture of black and gold streaks.  The gold streaks look like real hair-like threads of solid gold.  It is hard to explain.

:D :D :D :D

that is really kewl! :D

He didn't exhibit any other religious trait.either  :D

Except being obedient to his mum.

I had taken the beard as a criteria,what other criteria could I possibly apply?

if the guy isn't religious, then i personally think you've done the right thing by rejecting him.

but how do you know that the guy isn't religious? just because he doesn't 'show a religious trait'?

And if he is a good Muslim, and plans to grow a beard, yes I would.  But if he's got some lousy exuse to continue shaving that would bug me.  My brothers managed to grow a beard despite the pressure, so if there's a will theres a way.

BTW: Here is a ruling on shaving the beard.  And yes, I am aware that there are differences of opinion, but there some who do believe it is haraam to shave.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=1189&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...e&QR=1189&dgn=4[/url]

what was the pressure on your brother to not grow one? (sorry just curious)

since there are respected scholars and sheiks who don't think a beard to be fard, i think it would be worthwhile to ask the guy if he believes a beard is fard or not, and by what evidence he goes, before rejecting him. surely nobody disagrees with that?

Edited by saufia

if the guy isn't religious, then i personally think you've done the right thing by rejecting him.

but how do you know that the guy isn't religious?  just because he doesn't 'show a religious trait'?

I really am not sure abt that either :D

I look for whats apparent ,like being a Hafiz or active in any Islamic center or atleast demaniding that the wife be religious.

Wassalam