Islamic Forum
Paki Brother

Unmarried Sisters

Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you marry a bearded brother if everything else about them was good to you?

• Yes but only if their beard is LESS THAN fist-length
    • Yes but only if their beard is fist-length and no more
    • Yes even if it is longer than fist-length
    • No would rather not
    • Not really sure

:D

It's possibly more important to know 'why' a person keeps a beard/hijab, as opposed to 'if' they do. People of good character who fulfill their religious duties, are more likely to do so for the love of Allah :D.

Inward qualities are as important as outward appearences.

Although If the person has no intention of ever keeping a beard/hijab, then I'd think rejecting them would be justified!

It's true that there're men with beards who behave badly, compared to those who don't.

But then there are Muslims who behave badly, compared to the kuffar!

It takes more than a beard to make a Muslim out of a man!

PropellerAds
I really am not sure abt that either :D

I look for whats apparent ,like being a Hafiz or active in any Islamic center or atleast demaniding that the wife be religious.

walaykum salaam wrwb

ask the guy whether he thinks himself religious or not. ask him what he likes to do in his spare time? (anything Islamic?) does he listen to music? (since most muslims consider it haraam) what does he like to watch on tv? i once heard that a good way fo judge a person is by seeing the kind of friends they have.

anyway, the best thing for such a big decision is istakara :D

i pray everything goes well for you :D

JazakAllah khair sister. :D

I dont know or cant know abt his friends.Because he has just finished medicine and was appearing for post-grad,and he was staying with his brother.

^sorry for going off topic :D

Wassalam

:D InshaAllah everyone is in the best of health and strong in Imaan.... MashaAllah great responses my dear brothers & sisters :D May Allah (SWT) bless you all with pious husbands & wives, Ameen. :D I would like for my husband to have a beard as well but Allahu A'alam. Theres good & bad apples everywhere akhi genetic_freak, I tend to see alot of that happening here in the US as well unfortunately, May Allah guide them on the right path & forgive all of us for our sins, Ameen . :D as long as a guy has a good heart I see nothing wrong whatsoever with a beard, however long it may be, Alhamdulillah :D :D

well all i can say is beard or no beard- all are welcome to S_G (as long as they fill the religous/personal requirements)

I dont discriminate :D

beard is preferably though. I must admit, really long beards are not my thing but fist length and above are sweet B)

JazakAllah khair sister. :D

I dont know or cant know abt his friends.Because he has just finished medicine and was appearing for post-grad,and he was staying with his brother.

^sorry for going off topic :D

Wassalam

walaykum salaam wrwb

if you're unsure about rejecting him, surely you should make contact again, and find out more about him. afterall, good guys aren't all that common :D you can't really blame a medicine student for not having the time to join Islamic centres, but you should see if prays salaat.

anyway, don't forget istakara :D

take care :D

How well learned a person is, how good a muslim a person is clearly evident in the way he carries himself, UNFORTUNATELY people consider a bearded person a religious man, without reference to his personility (muslim wise) and his mentality.

A good muslim can be easily be distinguished ... For Allah (s.w.t) makes him distinguishable to us all.

That does not give any reference to rejecting a beardless man.

In a local event, a person (i wont name from which religion) was debating on the laws of science and religion. The place is heavily guarded and pulling a stunt would cause mishaps.

Bearded Mullahs were present, ordinary students were present.

Everything was going smooth till the flaws of religion were being discussed and came to the point where the speaker was on the verge of insulting our Prophet (s.a.w.s) Despite the harsh comment, it was clearly evident that the bearded (labelled Muslim would have an outrage) but to much surprise none even moved their butt from the chair out of fear of the security. And finally even if someone did stand up, it was this man.Strong built, average muslim with no beard who stood up .. not only tackled the security but managed to bust the speakers butt for degrading the prophet. Tiz then i realised even having a beard is a type of LOOK people portray and all looks are deceiving. Every things starts from the Heart and gets binded to the soul.

That brother is not the best of muslims .. does not even follow the prophets sunnah (which is entirely based upon his personal reasons) but has Love for his religion and HIS rasool. Its a matter of time will he become loyal to Allah (s.w.t)

Moral of the story : Love for Allah (s.w.t) and His Rasool starts from the heart and gets cemented and the growth of a beard goes to show the spiritual development on has undergone, but that takes time and patience, A beard is mostly like a medal honouring a muslim but are we really living up to it. How many muslims smoke the very instant you come out of the Masjid. How many treat your family well. How many of your are earning wisely without corruption. many beardless person are 5 time a day playas but keep the non beard look for their job perspective.(again all based on personal reasons)

Sadly its just a LOOK unlike the beard during the Prophet's time.

Marriage should be a unision of Hearts and soul not a beard and a hijaab.

Remember even a prostitute was sent to heaven by Allah (S.W.T) for feeding a DOG. She did not have a hijaab ??

THere is more to life, Hijaab, Beard, is a part of it as you develop. Untill and unless your roots are strong, how will you manage to stand sturdy. We humans are like plants, developing into sturdy beautiful species as time passes by.(in the process bearing the fruits and flowers (beard and hijaab), you dont expect a seedling to be bearing flowers and fruits now do you ???

Suppose the young dudes do keep a beard and dies a tragic death (with no account of any good deeds) i dont think Allah (s.w.t) will give him PARADISE just coz he had a beard, though he will be rewarded for following the prohpets sunnah :D.

Then again .. i dont want to offend any of my muslim brothers and sisters ... i am literally a fr3ak but i just speak whaz in my heart. and i apologize in advance if my comments did manage to hurt you ..

:D for you patience to read my non sense stuff :D

bismillah

assalaamu'alaykum

when the inward is polished... so will the outward.

being a muslim isn't about wearing a hijab or sporting a beard. it is more than that. it is about having a strong iman. and taqwa of Allah s.w.t. with that comes everything else beautiful.

for me, every day is a constant jihad, within myself. it's a constant struggle to stop these diseases of my heart that i suffer from, but insya Allah will be able to suppress and contain them.

i have not started wearing the hijab yet, He determines when the best time is. and insya Allah when i do, i hope i will please Him in everything i do and say.

may Allah guide us all on the straight path. Amin.

wassalam.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Marriage should be a unision of Hearts and soul not a beard and a hijaab.

I like your posts bro. :D

Wassalaam.

AAAA shucks :D ...

anytime bro :D <--- by any chance this is not a Homo icon when used by a guy Kapish !! :D

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

I don't even know why i'm posting seeing as brother Genetic Freak has poured my views on to the page, subhanallah akhi :D .

The exterior should be a mirror to the interior, not a tool to hide behind your sins and flaws. I'm no perfected creature but a fragile being who is not immune to sinning so inshallah Allah (swt) shall bestow me and all the ummah our spouse. Verily only Allah (swt) is the best planners :D

Judge no soul until you judge yourself and grade yourself, my only competition in deen is myself.

B)

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

I don't even know why i'm posting seeing as brother Genetic Freak has poured my views on to the page, subhanallah akhi :D .

The exterior should be a mirror to the interior, not a tool to hide behind your sins and flaws. I'm no perfected creature but a fragile being who is not immune to sinning so inshallah Allah (swt) shall bestow me and all the ummah our spouse. Verily only Allah (swt) is the best planners :D

Judge no soul until you judge yourself and grade yourself, my only competition in deen is myself.

B)

Subhanallah, ditto (couldn't say it any better sis!)

What if the man cannot grow a beard ... as in its not growing at all or not properly, how would you feel then?? :D

He may be religious but doesnt have a beard (maybe if hes lucky he may have a tiney beard), what would the sisters think then??

SubhanAllah, Sayyiduna Bilal radiallahuanhu had one hair in his beard...! :D

My teacher Maulana Haroon has probably mere 100 beard hair but he insists that who knows Allah might like this habbit of following the sunnah and Forgive my sins.. MashAllah

What if the man cannot grow a beard ... as in its not growing at all or not properly, how would you feel then?? :D

He may be religious but doesnt have a beard (maybe if hes lucky he may have a tiney beard), what would the sisters think then??

from my expierence some brothers who have a beard are a disapointment with their commitment to the deen...to me its whats on the inside. just like there are a lot of sisters running around in this town with their scarfs on, yet their wearing tight clothes, gossiping and singing in the masjid ! :D

its not all about looks

Edited by desertdweller

assalaamualykum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuh,

maan i love beards alhamdulillah, they are sunnah and our beloved Prophet saw grew one. in fact i would not marry a man without a beard! B)

^^^^ yeah...that was my condition :D :D i got a man with a beard :D

in fact i would not marry a man without a beard! B)

dont you think thats somewhat discriminating ??

Assalam Alaikum

I would not care if it's physically impossible for him to grow a beard, that would be one of the few reasons why I would marry a person without a beard. As long as he is striving to please Allaah, I'm happy with him.

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Assalamu Alaikum, I dont think it is discriminating, there are many girls out there who would not want to marry a boy with a beard. If a girl comes outright and says that she wants to marry someone with a beard, then any boy who is religious or is inclined towards religion can be sure, this girl has the love of Sunnah in her heart.

There is no guarantee that a man with a beard is better than one without a beard, as there is no guarantee that a girl with a hijaab or Niqaab is better than one who does not cover herself, Only Allah knows how sincere a person is in what they do.

If any of you boys get a proposal of a practicing Muslim girl, and the only thing stopping her from saying yes is a beard, then keep a beard, it is thse Sunnah of RasoolAllah as well as all the other Prophets.

RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa sallam Said "OPPOSE THE POLYTHIEST, GROW YOUR BEARD AND TRIM YOR MOUSTACHES".

Wassalamu Alaikum.

MashAllah.. regarding beard I re-read yesterday a comment from Maulana Zakariya Kandhelvi .. for an academic person it is a nice point. In the hadith masooma quoted above, the Comanding Verb has been used, which in rules of fiqh constitutes a Wajib. i.e if left out it entail sin and the person is fasiq..

Sorry for being boring :D

OOooh OOooh ... I would wanna marry a bearded person.

If i were a gal that is :D ...

Maybe if you pray hard enough, you'll be blessed with a bearded wife.

lol :D

you know i found it funny...i said to my mum i wanted to marry a bearded person, someone found out and said i couldn't put such limits! i was like okaaaaay...its okay for a girl to want the guy to have masters and be a millionaire and tall and slim etc etc but i can;t ask for a guy with a beard?? :D