Islamic Forum
Al Farooq

Guantanamo Suspect Forced To Wear A Bra

A terror suspect was forced to wear a bra, dance with another man and behave like a dog at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, military investigators say.

The man was reportedly also forced to wear a thong on his head and stand naked in front of women.

Details of the interrogation techniques have been described before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

The investigators were looking into allegations by FBI agents who say they witnessed abusive interrogation techniques at the prison camp in Cuba.

They described the interrogation of Saudi terror suspect Mohamed al-Qahtani.

He was captured in December 2001 along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

In order to get him to talk, interrogators reportedly told him his mother and sisters were whores, forced him to wear a bra, forced him to wear a thong on his head and told him he was homosexual.

They also forced him to dance with a male interrogator, subjected him to strip searches, threatened him with dogs, forced him to stand naked in front of women and forced him onto a leash, to act like a dog.

Although the techniques were degrading and abusive, the investigators concluded that "no torture occurred".

FBI agents raised concerns about the techniques to a commander at the camp but he apparently took no action.

"It is clear from the report that detainee mistreatment was not simply the product of a few rogue military police in a night shift," said Democrat Carl Levin.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sky(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/skynews/article/0,,30200-13386987,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sky(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/skynews/article/0,,30200-13386987,00.html[/url]

PropellerAds

What has been described in this article does not even meet the legal definition of physical torture, and is a far better fate than what most of Saddam's opponants met.

Eh? What does Saddam have to do with this?

Anyway, it's a humiliation - a form of cruelty.

So is beheading, the point is this actually very mild compared to what many other nations do/have done. No physical harm was actually done.

Yank

Let's forget comparing nation for a moment. I could just as easily point out how how cruel it is compared other nations. The point is you have to judge whether the treatment was right and just - not whether it is better or worse than how somebody else would have done it.

You accept this kind of treatment to prisoners but I think it's wrong. Let's just leave it at that.

You accept this kind of treatment to prisoners but I think it's wrong. Let's just leave it at that.

I just don't think it is as terrible as some of the media is trying to make it sound.

Hi,

Typical yank..what my country men do is always right..and have justification for doing these actions.

I just don't think it is as terrible as some of the media is trying to make it sound.

Yes because your society is primed with such immoral behaviour so you see it as no big deal.

Hi,

Typical yank..what my country men do is always right..and have justification for doing these actions.

Yes because your society is primed with such immoral behaviour so you see it as no big deal.

no harm, no foul! grow up and stop with all #####

Edited by Zeinab

no harm, no foul! grow up and stop with all this medieval nonsense.

There is absolutely no need for that sort of non-sense.

Compare it to what many other nations have done, look at what Saddam used to do, look at Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia.

Yank... when US comes & invades our countries on the basis of promoting democracy, justice & humanity.. but then is involved in such practices. To us it makes US look like hypocrites, it looses the fight for hearts & minds. Practice wht u preach... till then US can't win the war.

Compare it to what many other nations have done, look at what Saddam used to do, look at Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia.

...or the treatment of women, homosexuals, and other religions in Islamic nations.

Yank... when US comes & invades our countries on the basis of promoting democracy, justice & humanity.. but then is involved in such practices. To us it makes US look like hypocrites, it looses the fight for hearts & minds. Practice wht u preach... till then US can't win the war.

So what do you propose we do with such an individual. What would Muslims do if they captured the American equivolent of this person?

What would Muslims do if they captured the American equivolent of this person?

they would do as they always do. that is why there are no living, captured g.i's. there couldn't be an Islamic equivellent to gitmo because they'd never stay alive long enough to get there.

Well Saddam was your best friend when he was committing those attrocities..USA couldnt careless for the masses. Dont go changing the subject..this about what YOUR country men are doing and you are justifying their actions. :D

Phillybob

or the treatment of women, homosexuals, and other religions in Islamic nations

Get some education please.

Nasar could you please answer my question?

Yank

the point is you have to judge whether the treatment was right and just...

if this mild form of interrogation extracts info that is useful in saving lives, it is right and just. too much is being made over this stuff. recently a congressional delegation went to gitmo and when they came back, even the democratic senators agreed that the conditions were more than the geneva convention called for.(although these enemy combatants are not entitled to its protection. no uniforms...)and these people would like to hang president bush out to dry more than a lot of muslims!

lol.. when someone attacks ur country. First thing u will do is go & make some uniforms.

You'll forgive us for trying to instill a few rules into warfare.

Get some education please.

i have. that's what allows me to make this comment. there is a woman fighting for her life in the sudan because an Islamic court sentenced her to death for adultery. is this a fair punishment? this is not an isolated incident. are there any christian churches or buddhist temples in saudi arabia? what punishment for homosexual does the koran call for? in all fairness on this one, the bible isn't any kinder.

phillybob,

It is quite clear that you know nothing or very little about Islam. You statement about treatement of P.O.W's couldn't be further from the teachings of Islam. Therefore, I suggest you approach this forum with a little less hostility and try to learn more about the religion.

lol.. when someone attacks ur country. First thing u will do is go & make some uniforms.

if they don't want thier butt shipped off to cuba, they might want to think about it. a lot of their operations seem pretty well planned out. they should have thought the whole uniforms and protection thing out too. besides, if someone doesn't want to fight by any rules, fine. that can be handled. just don't get #### when the other guy ditches the rules also. the whole love and war thing, baby! play on says mr. referee.

Edited by Z-247

if they don't want thier butt shipped off to cuba, they might want to think about it. a lot of their operations seem pretty well planned out. they should have thought the whole uniforms and protection thing out too.  besides, if someone doesn't want to fight by any rules, fine. that can be handled. just don't get #### when the other guy ditches the rules also. the whole love and war thing, baby!  play on says mr. referee.

i didn't think that word was a no-go. i'll make sure i keep it ultra-clean. sorry!

phillybob,

It is quite clear that you know nothing or very little about Islam. You statement about treatement of P.O.W's couldn't be further from the teachings of Islam. Therefore, I suggest you approach this forum with a little less hostility and try to learn more about the religion.

these things i've listed aren't true? and as i wrote, many of these abhorrent practices are not exclusive to Islam. don't worry, i'm an equal oppertunity critic.

phillybob,

I don't care if you critisice everyone equally. I'm more concerned when you make an error about Islam - on an "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url]! I would feel much better if you asked questions (feel free) in the appropriate section(s) of the forum so you get a true picture before deciding whether you agree with it or not.

:D

:D subhan'Allah! may Allah grant him and those who are treated like he was and worse than him, patience. :D may Allah curse the people who did this to him(and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family)

:D :D :D

:D :D :D