Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
muzzammil1444

Cnc Gantry Robot

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Assalamualaykum wbk all.

Actually, I'm still studying in KUiTTHO, Johor.. Malaysia.

'CNC Gantry Robot' is my thesis project which will applying in furniture industry.

This semester I will be going to built a model with a mechanical concept for data analysis.

Insha-Allah, I'm glad and very open minded to share a knowledge with all especially those who have an experience about this, a lecturer, technician, engineer.. student and so on.

I really need and welcome your opinion, suggestion, etc..

As a way to improve my project. Insya-Allah.

Assalamualaykum wbk.

Alhamdulillah.

PropellerAds

assalaamu alaikum,

Would you care to share more about your project? I don't know what "Gantry" means. I'm familiar with CNC machines so I presume this is some type of automated manufacturing machine?

Just curious because I'm a mechanical engineer. You?

wa salaam alaikum,

AS

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Alhamdulillah, thanks a lot brother.

It's really nice to share more knowledge.. Insha-Allah.

Would you care to share more about your project? I don't know what "Gantry" means

Actually, the "Gantry" means a type of robot which move using x, y, and z axes. The project concept is familiar with CNC mechanicms.

image3.jpg

The model I will built around 3X2X2 ft (smaller size).

Would you like to explain more about 'automated manufacturing machine'?

If you like to know more about CNC gantry, click here:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cnc-hobby(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cnc-router-plans.html"]CNC Hobby[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cnczone(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]CNC Zone[/url]

p/s: I'm mechanical (manufacturing) student and this semester is my final year

insha-Allah =)

I'm glad to know you brother. Insha-Allah one day I will be like you, a

muslim engineer.

salaam alaikum,

ha ha i will REALLY be a Muslim engineer when I get a job. I just graduated about 2 months ago, alhamdulillah.

your project reminds me of one a friend made at school. he made an automated welding machine that can weld cylinders to plates. the welder can do the full 360 degrees on its own.

so what type of work will your machine be doing? machining out parts? i am curious about the Z axis part of it. I have seen sheet metal cutting machines that operate in the X and Y axis. I have also seen rapid prototyping technologies that are basically 3D printers. they take a part file and produce a 3d model of it from plastic resin. that's very cool. your machine, from what i assume, does the reverse. it would take something like a block of plastic or metal and machine it down to the prototype or part.

also, with your machine, it could be designed to change tools on its own. i mean like picking new drill bits or cutting blades.

it would be cool to make something like this but with maybe a robotic arm. the arm could do the work and the machine you made could move the part.

hmm ill continue checking this topic to chat more.

wa salaam alaikum,

AS

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Ha ha.. I think you are smart enough. :D So, you just graduated 2 months ago?

Alhamdulillah. So, how about your planning?

Insha-Allah, in my opinion a Muslim Engineer means a concept of dakwah which will be implemented as our identity, in our job, community and so on..

Alhamdulilah, I also have seen rapid prototyping, AML machine, but still didn't have enough time to study how to operate the machine.

Last semester, I have learn and have a practical about automation, PLC(programmable logic control) and CNC machines..

But alhamdulillah, personally I really love the PLC compare to the others.

Your machine, from what i assume, does the reverse. it would take something like a block of plastic or metal and machine it down to the prototype or part.

also, with your machine, it could be designed to change tools on its own. i mean like picking new drill bits or cutting blades.

I assume that you have more experience and knowledge brother. The concept of the machine is simillar to the milling process. The machine will take a part of file and then cut a block of wood (this machine is design for wood working) follow by the drawing. If we modified the machine, so it also can do a lathe machining concepts.

I understand that the machine could be design to change tools on its own simillar as CNC machine. But it is suitable only for a large machine.

Since I made a smaller one, so the suitable is only using a drill. Low cost.. :D

Actually, I got the idea to produce a thesis about CNC gantry robot after I had read Geoff William's book 'Cnc Robotics, Build Your Own Workshop Bot' and it's interesting book. Then I make a lot of 'homework' and found that there a many machinist produce the machine in US for comercial, hobby, personally, and so on. That's cool. So, have you heard about Shopbot? I think it is interesting patented machine.. But here in Malaysia, it's hard to find a people built their own gantry machine.

Brother, may you tell me a lot about a machining you have learn there? Since I know that there a more high technologiest used in US. Hmm, and then refer to your friend that had made an automated welding machine.. It's sound great.

But how about the estimated cost he used? Just to know..

P/S: Sometimes I'm confused when using the words 'automated machining process' but it remind me about in Malaysia words it's called 'mesin pemprosesan automasi'. maybe it is simillar meaning i think..

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Alhamdulillah

assalaamu alaikum,

Yes, alhamdulillah, I graduated 2 months ago and came to where I am now to find work. Instead, I found a good graduate program that I will try and get acceptance into. I may get a job also, but I want to study energy systems.

I like your concept of a Muslim engineer :D :D

PLC's are cool but I don't enjoy the programming so much, so it's not my specialty :D

The concept of the machine is simillar to the milling process. The machine will take a part of file and then cut a block of wood (this machine is design for wood working) follow by the drawing. If we modified the machine, so it also can do a lathe machining concepts.

I understand that the machine could be design to change tools on its own simillar as CNC machine. But it is suitable only for a large machine.

Since I made a smaller one, so the suitable is only using a drill. Low cost.. biggrin.gif

I understand, cost is a limiting factor in student projects. Remember though, you could prototype the small one that you're designing, but still make a plan to present to companies for a larger scale/more complex version that THEY can pay for.

I was talking about using a robotic arm because, then, you could have it drill and mill at different angles, perhaps even do surface finishing operations.

I am not familiar with the Shopbot but, inshallah, I will research it on the internet.

The cost of my friends' welding machine is something he knows and I don't really have access to right now. It was a custom design for a factory, not so much a unit to be produced and sold commercially. As far as machining, I'm not sure what you would like to know about? A lot of work is done on CNC, which is basically an automated machining process. It just means you program the machine, sit back, the machine makes the parts or does a step in the machining, and you make sure the machine doesnt break. Simple.

Here's a link to more CNC stuff: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Cnc"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Cnc[/url]

I look forward to sharing more ideas with you and answering what questions i can, inshallah :D

wa salaam alaikum,

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

:D

Thats mine..

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=14405&view=findpost&p=124621"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=144...ndpost&p=124621[/url]

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

Alhamdulillah, thanks a lot bro Allah's slave and bro doomhammer..

Hmm, how can I know your real name? :D

I have read your great project bro doom hammer.. That's great!

Alhamdulillah, actually, I'm now trying my best to redesign my technical drawing before going to 'old lab' here.. then start machining, assembly parts and so on..:D

Thanks a lot for your advise bro.

For sure,any problem then I will post reply here.. Gain your help!! Insya-Allah.

Hmm, how to upload an image through this site? Can anyone help me?

Assalamua'laykum wbk..

assalaamu alaikum bro :D

you're very welcome, i don't think i did much but i'll help more if i can :D to get our real names we'd have to tell you, but DH and I are some secretive guys :D :D

to upload an image, just start a normal reply to a topic. under the window in which you type the text you want to add, there are 2 rows of smiley faces/emoticons. under THOSE, is a section called "File Attachments." Just hit browse and select the file you want from your hard drive or whatever. Then, hit "Add this Attachment" and it should work. Preview the post to make sure.

I think that's all for now akhi :D

wa salaamu alaikum,

AS

assalaamu alaikum bro :D

edit = repost :D Doomhammer your work is really good man :D :D

wa salaamu alaikum,

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

:D for the kind comments..

I dislike AI though and am not doing this again..

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Alhamdulillah, I appreciate your reply akh DH and AS. Thanks a lot. :D

to upload an image, just start a normal reply to a topic. under the window in which you type the text you want to add, there are 2 rows of smiley faces/emoticons. under THOSE, is a section called "File Attachments." Just hit browse and select the file you want from your hard drive or whatever. Then, hit "Add this Attachment" and it should work. Preview the post to make sure.

It seems no button to attach files akh. I think my post didn't achieve 50++ and above. Hmm.. :D

Never mind.. insha Allah, tomorrow I will going to PCB lab for etching process. I used conventional method in producing PCB (printed circuit board)..

Akh DH, it seems that AI is hard enough?? :D My friend from electrical course have took the subject..

Insha Allah.

Just to share the experience..

Alhamdulillah.

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Alhamdulillah, I appreciate your reply akh DH and AS. Thanks a lot. :D

It seems no button to attach files akh. I think my posts didn't achieve 50++ and above. Hmm.. :D

Never mind.. insha Allah, tomorrow I will going to PCB lab for etching process. I used conventional method in producing PCB (printed circuit board)..

Akh DH, it seems that AI is hard enough?? :D My friend from electrical course have took the subject..

Insha Allah.

Just to share the experience..

Alhamdulillah.

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Alhamdulillah, I didn't go to the lab today. Just because I got to survey a component which then will used to built the model.

Here, I paste a link which the PCB I have made using conventional method..

(from my blog.. :D )

Img_0227.jpg

Img_0236.jpg

Img_1186.jpg

It is exahusted to make many times of this PCB.

But the interesting is I learn a new thing, on how to make PCB..

Alhamdulillah.

But still I cant estimate yet is the PCB will function properly or not.

Let see how this project will go.. Success or not..?

Hmm..

Insya-Allah.

Alhamdulillah.

Assalamualaykum wbk..

Assalamualaykum wbk all.. :D

It's too long that I didn't surf this IF site.. hmm.

Share my progress work.. Alhamdulillah..

I really welcome any comment or opinion insya-Allah..

Hmm, it seems that upload a pictures using blog didn't work.. hehe.. :D

Insya-Allah, then I'll try to increase my post.. insya-Allah..

Alhamdulillah, this week the process in making PCB is finished. I have using etching process for the PCB and then drill it.

Insya-Allah, for this phase 2, I will try to built transparent box which will fit the PCB inside it.. Insya-Allah.

I have faced a problem here.. it is about a leadscrew and stepper-motor. The problem here is about the calculation for the torque (for stepper-motor) and how to reduce backlash in the movement of leadscrew.. Hmm..

The improvement for design drawing still didn't finished yet..

May God help me..

Ameen ya robbal A'lamin..

Here a link about the pictures..

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_photos1.blogger(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blogger/6095/1341/200/Etching2.jpg"]Etching Process[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_photos1.blogger(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blogger/6095/1341/1600/Drill1.jpg"]Drilling Process[/url]

Bro Allah slave..

Here's a link about CNC shopbot. I hope you like the site :D ..

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.shopbottools(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products.htm"]shopbot[/url]

Alhamdulillah..

Just to share about this work..

Always make dua for all muslims for succesful in our life Insya-Allah..

Ameen Ya Robbal A'lamin..

assalaamu alaikum,

It's too long that I didn't surf this IF site.. hmm.

I noticed! I don't have time to get into your post now, but I will sooner than later, inshallah :D Welcome back :D :D

walaikum salaam,

AS

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.. :D

Thanks a lot akhi Allah's slave, akhi Hasib..

For moral support..

Alhamdulillah, I've finish build the small prototype..

And I've change the machining purpose, the machine is only used to cut a light material just because the machine I've built is too small.

Alhamdulillah, I'm satisfied with my effort.. even the machine won't move..

Pheeww.. just another job I should do.. Face the prob! :D

Alhamdulillah,

If anyone interested to built a machine for hobby, or else.. Let share in this forum..

Insya-Allah, I've upload a few pictures in CNCzone..

Kindly please log in and..

Click>>

(www.)"http://cnczone/forums/showthread.php?t=15159"]MiLBOT project log[/url]

Jazakallah

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.. :D

Thanks a lot akhi Allah's slave, akhi Hasib..

For moral support..

Alhamdulillah, I've finish build the small prototype..

And I've change the machining purpose, the machine is only used to cut a light material just because the machine I've built is too small.

Alhamdulillah, I'm satisfied with my effort.. even the machine won't move..

Pheeww.. just another job I should do.. Face the prob! :D

Alhamdulillah,

If anyone interested to built a machine for hobby, or else.. Let share in this forum..

Insya-Allah, I've upload a few pictures in CNCzone homepage...

Kindly please log in and..

Click>>

(www.)"http://cnczone/forums/showthread.php?t=15159"]cnczone/forums/showthread.php?t=15159[/url]

Jazakallah

Hmm, I see..

The url is protected??

I'm not sure..

But sorry I couldn't provide the url..

Maybe next time.. insya-Allah.

You're welcome akh. Members with less than 50 posts can't post links ... if you PM it to me I'll post it for you though :D it's been a long time since we talked about this and I'm ready to see it. :D

AS

so any updates on this project ??

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Assalamualaykum wbk all.

Actually, I'm still studying in KUiTTHO, Johor.. Malaysia.

'CNC Gantry Robot' is my thesis project which will applying in furniture industry.

This semester I will be going to built a model with a mechanical concept for data analysis.

Insha-Allah, I'm glad and very open minded to share a knowledge with all especially those who have an experience about this, a lecturer, technician, engineer.. student and so on.

I really need and welcome your opinion, suggestion, etc..

As a way to improve my project. Insya-Allah.

Assalamualaykum wbk.

Alhamdulillah.

unfortunatly, i feel that it will be impossible to integrate automated machines into civillian aplications esspecialy large scale robotic devices without military funding, which is why im proposing a quadraped walking tank to the us military as soon as i get the chance.

Assalamualaikum wbk..

Alhamdulillah..

apparently not I hope it's going well for him, insha'Allah.

Hey, bro.. I'm still alive! Dont worry.. :D

post-13398-1151656766_thumb.jpg

Alhamdulillah, finally I could upload the image.

The pic is about how I modified the used Canon printers to make it move through x,y,and z-axis..