Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaukat

Understanding Islam

It is not the first time that after September 11, 2001 - the USA has used the mass media to present an entire population as an enemy without any shread of evidence. It happened with the Native Americans, with the Black Americans, with the Japanese Americans. Ann Norton, who has just written a book on the Neo-Cons, believes that the techniques of Islamophobia is very similar to the anti-Semitism before the Second World War.

Yet, no one ever has placed the blame to Christianity for the terrorist attacks of the IRA or of the Red Brigades. A disparity of treatment that has been denounced by Columbia University’s Mahmood Mamdani, professor of Anthropology, in his book Good Muslim, Bad Muslim. But Mamdani expresses his denouncement also against the other historical amnesias.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.asiasource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/special_reports/mamdani.cfm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.asiasource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/special_reports/mamdani.cfm[/url]

PropellerAds

I agree with you that a blanket characterization of Islam as a religion of terror, hatred, or violence is wrong.

As a Christian, I am concerned with the Christian community in the US -- my country -- particularly among the Southern Baptists......their view toward Islam is repulsive and racist (their former president called Muhammad a "demon-possessed pedophile"), and unfortunately, these so called Christians have considerable influence in our nation.

Please do not characterize all Americans or all Christians as hateful, Islamophobic racists. Many of us are at peace with the Islamic faith, and while we have grave concerns with particular movements within the Islamic world (my greatest concern is Wahhabism), we must recognize the root causes of violence and realize that Islam is not the enemy.

On the other hand, I hope that many in the Islamic world recognize that both we in the west and Muslims in the Islamic world do have common enemies. Those who kill innocent people in the name of Allah are enemies to us all -- just as corrupt western policy can be an enemy as well.

Here is a latest example of 'Islamophobia' generated mostly by Jewish controlled media.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.washingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/28/AR2005072802241.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.washingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-dyn/conte...5072802241.html[/url]

How ironic. Someone is upset that people discriminate against a religion, then blames it on the Jews.

:D

What exactly is wrong with "wahabism"????? :D

w/salaam

What  excacltly is  right with it ?  :D

Peace Merlin!

If you read about the teachings of Mohammed Abdul Wahhab (may Allah be pleased with him) with an open mind, and stop reading the western media, you will realise what is right with it.

By the way, the word wahabism does not exist anywhere other thaan in the western media. There is no such thing.

What Mohammed Abdul Wahhab (may Allah be pleased with him) taught was to follow Islam to the letter, and stay away from innovation. Is there anything wrong in that?

Peace out.

It is not the first time that after September 11, 2001 - the USA has used the mass media to present an entire population as an enemy without any shread of evidence. It happened with the Native Americans, with the Black Americans, with the Japanese Americans. Ann Norton, who has just written a book on the Neo-Cons, believes that the techniques of Islamophobia is very similar to the anti-Semitism before the Second World War.

Yet, no one ever has placed the blame to Christianity for the terrorist attacks of the IRA or of the Red Brigades. A disparity of treatment that has been denounced by Columbia University’s Mahmood Mamdani, professor of Anthropology, in his book Good Muslim, Bad Muslim. But Mamdani expresses his denouncement also against the other historical amnesias.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.asiasource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/special_reports/mamdani.cfm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.asiasource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/special_reports/mamdani.cfm[/url]

Two profound problems with this statement.

1. The media in the USA is free to print around report whatever it pleases as in any free country, this is not therefore not the product of the US government. I have seen little evidence of what you claim here. List all your sources please.

2. Religion was of course a major issue during the period the IRA were operating, how do you miss this? Catholics and Protestants? Both sides were denounced at many points. You seem to have a very basic grasp of history and therefore surprised you have the confidence to make such claims.

AssallamuAllaikum,

Peace,

Hipster,

Religion was only a contributing factor in the Northern Ireland issue, there were and still are historical, political and social elements to that conflict.

What I believe Shaukat was saying was that a few "muslims", comparatively are bombers, but press hysteria plays a major role in labelling all Muslims in this way, because they do not differentiate between the majority and the few.

When the troubles were at there worsed in Northern Ireland, no-body in my recollection, labelled the majority of Catholics as "Christian Terrorists", because of the few mindless IRA bombers.

And as for freedom of press, when you have a president that says you are either with us or against us, I don't think that many would take the chance with public opinion, of being anything less than mildly critical.

Wassallam.

What Mohammed Abdul Wahhab (may Allah be pleased with him) taught was to follow Islam to the letter, and stay away from innovation. Is there anything wrong in that?

Asalamu'alaikum Brother Aburafay,

I once read the writings of an eastern sage, who said:

All that we experience is subjective.

There is no sensation without interpretation.

We create the world and ourselves;

only when we stop do we see the truth.

All that we know is filtered and interpreted. Allah exists, but we cannot truly be one with Him nor His will while we maintain our normal modes of consciousness. Our minds know reality by constructing conclusions from the data of our senses.

Therefore, there is no such thing as objectivity or direct knowledge of reality. Everything is relative because we are each condemned to our particular vantage points. As long as we all have different perspectives, as long as perception relies on our senses, then there cannot be an absolute truth. All knowledge from experience, valuable as it may be, is imperfect and merely provisional and all knowledge not encountered in our own experience is little more than someone else's second hand experiences, flitered and interpreted not only by them but by us as well.

Inner truth, Allah's Will, is only glimpsed by disconnection from the mechanism of interpretation. If we can withdraw the activities of the senses and isolate that part of the mind responsible for filtering senory input, then we can temporarily shut off the ongoing process of interaction with the outside world. We will then be in a neutral place that is wholly turned inward. We are left with an absolute state, entirely without distinction or relativity. This is what I call "sitting at the feet of Allah".

Now, let me assert that Al-Qu'ran is vitally important as the vehicle to arrive as this state, but to use the wisdom of Allah and His Guidance to His pleasure and our grace, as merely a earthly instrument of tyranny is narrow minded and serves only to bind the reagents of Allah in the same fear and mistrust that has bond the minds of those narrow minded souls who use it as such.

Truly we must trust in Allah, for he is all-merciful and all-wise and will guide us aright. Ameen.

Following the letter means nothing without the Spirit of Allah hidden within it.

Wa'alaikum'salaam

All that we know is filtered and interpreted. Allah exists, but we cannot truly be one with Him nor His will while we maintain our normal modes of consciousness. Our minds know reality by constructing conclusions from the data of our senses.

Therefore, there is no such thing as objectivity or direct knowledge of reality. Everything is relative because we are each condemned to our particular vantage points. As long as we all have different perspectives, as long as perception relies on our senses, then there cannot be an absolute truth. All knowledge from experience, valuable as it may be, is imperfect and merely provisional and all knowledge not encountered in our own experience is little more than someone else's second hand experiences, flitered and interpreted not only by them but by us as well.

Inner truth, Allah's Will, is only glimpsed by disconnection from the mechanism of interpretation. If we can withdraw the activities of the senses and isolate that part of the mind responsible for filtering senory input, then we can temporarily shut off the ongoing process of interaction with the outside world. We will then be in a neutral place that is wholly turned inward. We are left with an absolute state, entirely without distinction or relativity. This is what I call "sitting at the feet of Allah".

Now, let me assert that Al-Qu'ran is vitally important as the vehicle to arrive as this state, but to use the wisdom of Allah and His Guidance to His pleasure and our grace, as merely a earthly instrument of tyranny is narrow minded and serves only to bind the reagents of Allah in the same fear and mistrust that has bond the minds of those narrow minded souls who use it as such.

Truly we must trust in Allah, for he is all-merciful and all-wise and will guide us aright. Ameen.

Following the letter means nothing without the Spirit of Allah hidden within it.

Wa'alaikum'salaam

Asalamu'alaikum Little Mahdi

Thank you for your post. It has been too long.

I hope you consider collecting your words into a book. The beauty of your words lifts our hearts and your wisdom raises our consciousness.

Thanks again,

gill

Wa'alaikum'salaam

:D

Never in my life have i read anything as beautiful and as clear as this.

Instead of accusing me of not 'having grasp of history' - It looks as if you're living in 'self-denial'.

1. American has never been free. It has always been controlled by a minority of wealthy Jews, multi-national corporations and the Pentagon. Read the link and come to the 'real world'.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.radioislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/usa/media/who_rules_usa.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.radioislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/usa/media/who_rules_usa.htm[/url]

2. Irish Catholics were doing something which any dignified people would do - resist the occupation of their country. The Muslims of Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, and Phillipines are carrying on similar freedom struggle. Every religion of God sanction such actions. The Bible tells the story of the 'suicidal' mission of Samson. History doesn't record any imperial power leaving the occupied land with military humiliation at the hands of the Native people.

In Islamic terminology - Jihad is only 'military struggle' - And is FARD (compulsory) once all peaceful means fail. Therefore, Muslims who are fighting against military oppression - are fighting Jihad - And they have nothing to be ashamed of.