Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
englishrevert

Is It Islamic To Be Called Sir ?

Salaam brothers and sisters,

One prominent muslim in the UK is Sir Iqbal Sacranie, he's one of Tony Blair's favourite muslims!!!

Is it OK for us to take such titles ? I know that titles linked to the deen of Islam are fine, for example, sheik & maulana, but what about brother Iqbal ?

Salaam brothers and sisters

PropellerAds

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I think a greater concern would be the fact he would have had to of bowed / prostrated to the Queen in order to be knighted.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

abu suhaylah

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I think a greater concern would be the fact he would have had to of bowed / prostrated to the Queen in order to be knighted.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

abu suhaylah

:D

That is an act of Kuffar

I find that being called Sir is a smaller issue, biggers issues are going to and funding the trip to save a kufar in a country where there is Jihad going on. :D Who exactly do the MCB represent?

They dont represent me thats for sure,Iqbal Sacranie also made kids from a Local Masjid go to Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Queens B'Day a while back, whilst we teach our youth that celebrating B'days is Haram.. sell out

Edited by kandahari

biggers issues are going to and funding the trip to save a kufar in a country where there is Jihad going on.

what r u talking abt?

Asalamu alaikum

Lets not forget that he is a muslim and that he has right upon us, we can't talk bad about him, or call him anything. Sir, Mr. , Dr., Ustadh, sheikh they are only titles.

Lets not forget that he is a muslim and that he has right upon us, we can't talk bad about him, or call him anything. Sir, Mr. , Dr., Ustadh, sheikh they are only titles.

Dear Brother of Islam. He has no right over us as he has accepted the eighth nullifier of Islam. That group is an evil group and I advise every Muslim to dissociate themselves from them. By Allah as my judge and witness, the only time I will ever accept his actions is when he turns back to Islam in repentance.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.htm[/url]

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Dear Mu'maneen

Are you saying that he is not a Muslim anymore?

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

Are you saying that he is not a Muslim anymore?

Personally I am not going to say what I feel in my heart as calling a person Kafir is a very serious thing.

The eighth nullifier of Islam:

8. Supporting the polytheists against the Muslims.

As we no whoever takes part in any of the 10 nullifiers of Islam leaves the fold of Islam.

The tenth nullifier of Islam:

10. Turning away from the religion of Allah by neither learning nor applying it.

He has also encouraged us to spy on one another and said it is permissible to join the army.

---------------------

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.htm[/url]

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Ok, so you are implying that he is a Kaafir and you feel that he is (in your heart), but you negate the fact that these nullifiers have some detail to them. If he has fallen into no. 8 or not is highly debateable and therefore unclear, but as for no. 10, there is no way you can levy this against him. And let me remind you of some issues surrounding all of this and imputing kufr upon someone.

Very Important to Remember

1) General Statements of Imputation of Kufr. This is known as Itlaaq-ut-Takfeer: stating in the general sense, such as to say “whoever does or says such and such†from what is known to be Kufr then he is a Kaafir.

2) Applicability on a particular person. This is known at Takfeer-ul-Mu’ayyan. It is to impute what is generally stated to be Kufr on a particular person. This can be established only after conditions of Takfeer (imputing Kufr) are met as well as all impediments which may hinder the imputing of Kufr are removed.

3) Who Are the Ones who advise on these Enormous Matters? The Imputation of Kufr is very serious and it is not left for common Muslims or the student of knowledge to decide. Surely the reliable scholars following the path of the salaf are the ones who can advise concerning these immense issues. So people should refrain and hold themselves so as not to hasten to impute Kufr on a particular person before the evidences are established and impediments are removed.

And Allaah, the Most High, Knows best.

[Taken from: Avoid 10 Ways that Nullify Islaam - Based on Shaykh Muhammad at-Tameemi’s classification and prepared by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh...]

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

òSome Muslim youths today, who can barely differentiate between al-lafeef al-maqroon and al-lafeef al-maqrooq in Arabic grammar, feel the need to jump to conclusions and ahkam, concerning situations and people, like a tiger jump on to its prey.

wa Allahul mostaa'an.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Ok, so you are implying that he is a Kaafir and you feel that he is (in your heart), but you negate the fact that these nullifiers have some detail to them. If he has fallen into no. 8 or not is highly debateable and therefore unclear, but as for no. 10, there is no way you can levy this against him. And let me remind you of some issues surrounding all of this and imputing kufr upon someone.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

From the same article:

Another serious matter is that the issue of declaring someone Kufr (rulers or ruled). This is not left for the unlearned of the common Muslims or heads of hizbee-groups or the like. It is to be left to the reliable scholars who follow the Qur’an, authentic Sunnah in the context of the Salaf’s way of understanding the Deen, not to innovators and the politically and emotionally driven ones. We must fear Allah in this matter which had caused and is still causing deviation in the Ummah at large.

òSome Muslim youths today, who can barely differentiate between al-lafeef al-maqroon and al-lafeef al-maqrooq in Arabic grammar, feel the need to jump to conclusions and ahkam, concerning situations and people, like a tiger jump on to its prey.

Brother. If you are implying this to me then let me inform you I am no youth.

Also if any of you thinks that I go round calling people Kafir, Kafir, you are all deeply mistaken. In fact I am the total opposite. If I see a Muslim make a mistake I do not look at his bad side, rather I look at his good side. Where I do judge people is when they declare false accusations of Islam and they guide people to wrong actions and Haram.

If he has fallen into no. 8 or not is highly debateable and therefore unclear, but as for no. 10, there is no way you can levy this against him.

A person who declares that it is permissible to join the non-muslim army has fully rejected the Quran and Sunnah. How can one not be following step 10 by declaring such a statement? A person who has condemned the Mujahadeen of Palestine and Afghanistan has also overstepped the boundary.

Surely the reliable scholars following the path of the salaf are the ones who can advise concerning these immense issues. So people should refrain and hold themselves so as not to hasten to impute Kufr on a particular person before the evidences are established and impediments are removed.

This is true, but do you not agree that majority of the Scholars are corrupt? It is stated in Authentic Hadith. Of course I listen to the Fatawa and study it to the best of my ability and then judge what is correct path of the Quran and Sunnah.

---------------------

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

As-salaamu 'alaikum

You do not have to say anything since you implied it and said you are not going to say what you feel in your heart, which further enhances what you are implying.

A person who declares that it is permissible to join the non-muslim army has fully rejected the Quran and Sunnah.  How can one not be following step 10 by declaring such a statement?

You have to establish the hujjah and remove the impediments and conditions that necessitate takfeer, and when I say you I am speaking generally because I mean the trustworthy Scholars and not you since neither you or I are qualified to impute takfeer.

And as for point No. 10 then his falling into what is mentioned in point No. 8 has not been established yet you wish to move quickly to say that because he fits into such and such point he also falls into that and this point.

Forget about the majority of scholars being this or that, since we mentioned the trustworthy and reliable scholars and not just any scholars, so this point has no relevance to our discussion. We are talking about principles in the Deen and not this or that scholar.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

abu suhaylah

I would like to ask you a few questions:

Do you agree that it is Fard to fight those who occupy your land?

Do you believe it is allowed for a Muslim to join the Kuffar army?

Is it permissible to send small Muslim kids off to celebrate the Queens Birthday?

Is it permissible to order the spying on your Muslim Brother? (Hadith states that a person leaves the fold of Islam upon spying on your own Muslim Brother).

---------------------

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

As-salaamu alaykum

Also, there was a muslim who came from the U.K. to give a lecture and on the flyer he had the title "Lord" beside his name...My first re-action was is this guy crazy, how can someone put that as a title to there name, he was from one ascpet of the government i believe...So can someone from the U.K. clairify what the title 'Lord' means when given to someone. Because i would never can him by that or any of the creation.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

You are missing the point completely. It is not about whether I believe this or that or that or this. Takfeer like every aspect of Islaam has an Usool, understand this Usool before waving questions around and asking do you believe this or that or that or this, and it is the case that a person may aid the kuffar against the Muslims but yet still be a Muslim, shock horror!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

understand this Usool before waving questions around and asking do you believe this or that or that or this, and it is the case that a person may aid the kuffar against the Muslims but yet still be a Muslim, shock horror!

Brother, I have gone through the principles of Usool ad Deen. Two principles of which are 'adl and Emamat.

The MCB are guiding us wrongly. You are right that one can aid the Kuffar and no I am not shocked. But helping the enemy is a different story that is completely forbidden in Islam.

Two respectable Sheiks who I know dearly have stated that they are completely in the wrong. As well as that many other Scholars are completely against the MCB.

---------------------

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Yes, I do not have much love for MCB either and I disagree with most of what they do, but we have to be fair, just and balanced and not imply that they or an individual who is part of MCB is a kaafir.

Can you explain to me the difference between aiding and helping?

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

Dear abu_suhaylah. I respect fully what you have just said.

Helping and aiding can both be related as one can "help" an army defeat the enemy through supplying them with equipment. Also one can "aid" the military through the supplying of aid and weapons.

What breaks my heart to pieces is that they seem to be supporting fully the government proposal on the "new laws on terror". Did you know if this law is put into place then we in Britain would not even be able to talk like this on the Forum? Both you, me and others would all possibly be thrown into prison through these new laws yet all of us here condemned the attacks in London.

Wallahi, as Allah is my judge, they are still my Brothers and Sisters of Islam. I love them because they declare their belief in Allah and His messenger :D. I do not hate them as a person, but I hate their actions.

When they seem to show their love and support to the enemy while our enemy destroys my and your Muslim Brothers and Sisters destroys my happiness. When I see the Mujahadeen in 'Iraq and Afghanistan insulted and seen as evil, my heart melts.

By Allah as my judge, words cannot describe the love I have for Islam and for the Muslims on this Earth. I seem angry not because I hate them, but because I love them as a part of my heart for they declare the most beautiful of words:

ÃóÔúåóÃõ Ãóäú áÇ Åöáóå ÅöáÇ Çááåó æóÃúÃóåõ áÇ ÔóÑöíßó áóåõ æóÃóÔúåóÃõ Ãóäøó ãõÃóãøóÃðÇ ÚóÈúÃõåõ æóÑóÓõæáõåõ

---------------------

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Edited by Mu'maneen

As-salaamu 'alaikum

What you are saying now is very different from your earlier posts, anyhow, I'm out...

Take care

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

Dear abu_suhaylah. We can see the example with Yunus ('AlyheeSalaam) that he was swallowed by the whale as "punishment" because he moved away from his mission from Allah. He did not move away in sin, yet he moved away to what is Halal. If this occurrence took place because of this (though it was decreed), then what are we going to face when many of us turn away from our mission? Our mission is to spread the truth, not the corrupt truth. And this is sadly what they are doing.

---------------------

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Akhee, most Muslims spread corruption, they call to Shirk, they promote bid'ah and innovated and deviated methodologies, and it is not just the odd person here and there who does this, it is famous du'aat, groups and parties, even people on this board. This and that falling into kufr in general is one thing, but the application of this kufr on a person is a different thing all together, and it is not left for the likes of us to do, so there is really no need to busy yourself with this and that.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

abu suhaylah