Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allah's Slave

Pigs

:D

Pigs, what are they? An animal that is so overwhelmed by its own desire for food that it will eat nearly anything without regard to little more than whether or not it will fulfill its desire. This includes, but is not limited to, pork, excrement of other animals, and “occasionally, in captivity, they eat their own young.â€

To satisfy its desire it goes looking for whatever can be found to fulfill itself.

This animal has much in common with many humans. Some humans have such a desire to prove others (read: Muslims) wrong that they will search out anything they can find (read: Ayahs quoted with no regard to context or historical precedent) that they believe casts a negative light on their beliefs (read: Islam) and seek out these ‘others’ to display what they think fulfills this desire.

If these pigs could think more, (even though they’re alleged to be one of the most intelligent animals) maybe they would understand.

AS

PropellerAds

Pigs indeed , such a fowl and misread animal . But all in all still created by God for a purpose . And as with all of Gods created creatures ,they serve to be a lesson for man .

Some pigs no doubt serve as enlightenment to some men , for that is God's plan for them - to serve as a lesson to men .

I was horrified when recently a nonmuslim asked me why muslims believe pigs are sacred... I showed him this

PORK IS SIN AND SICKNESS

Introduction

There is a widespread misconception that Muslims obtains

from eating pork because pig is sacred and is worshipped as God

in Islam. It is inconceivable that there are people whose

mentality could go down to such a dismal low as to entertain or

fabricate repulsive idea such as this. No intelligent, refined and

self-respecting person would ever imagine himself deifying pig,

an animal which lives on offal and pigsty. This pernicious

misconception is the product either of the malicious intent to

malign Islam and the Muslims in general; abysmal

ignorance;whimsical intent; or utter disregard or violation of

the Biblical prohibition. Muslims' abstention from pork eating is

in adherence to the Qur'anic Law which states:

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,

blood and the flesh of the swine and that

which hath been invoked the name other than

Allah. "

Holy Qur'an 5:4

Such prohibition is also found in the Bible:

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the

hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for

you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass

you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

Islam ( an Arabic word which means submission to the will

of the Almighty God) has laid down the foundation for the best

approach in keeping good health. In the Holy Qur'an (The Last

Testament ) God exhorts the believers to select the best food and

to stay away from any harmful food to maintain good health:

" Let him find out which is the best food

( to be had ) ... Eat of the best foods We

have provided for you . "

( Holy Qur'an 18:19;7:160 )

The main purpose of a True Religion must be to build an ideal

community in this world ; a religion that promotes moral,

political and economic well;social harmony and peace, as well as

good health of its believers or followers.

Health means the physical and mental well-being and freedom

from diseases and pain.There are several passages in the Bible,

articulating that because of sin ( a transgression of the law of

God) God afflicted human beings with maladies (Ps.103:3;Exodus

15:26 and Psalms 107:16-20).Islamic instructions and teachings

espousing health consciousness have scriptural and scientific

support

MEDICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION

Abstention from eating pork is a measure to safeguard

hea[##][/##]lth.Of all the domestic animals, pig is the most

avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. It is the

cradle of harmful germs and parasites. Its meat is carrier of

diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption.

CHARACTER OF PIG

All types of animals are lawful to be eaten whether those

living on land or in the water except those animals specifically

forbidden in the Holy Writings revealed by the Almighty Creator

and the sayings of the Prophet with clear and well defined

injunctions.

Pig belong to the forbidden animals, and not allowed to be

eaten by the believers. Pig eats almost anything dirty and they

are very lazy animals. It is the most avaricious of all domestic

animals. Amongst all animals, pig is the cradle of harmful germs.

It's meat serves as carrier of diseases to mankind. It is this

very reason that made it unfit for human consumption consumption.

DISEASES CAUSED BY PORK

The following lists show germs or parasites that are found

in pork and some diseases caused by them. Many of these

diseases are contagious while some are proven fatal.This proves

that the more science advances the more Islam is shown correct

as a religion of God.

Read (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.webziner(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam/whypork.htm"]more here![/url]

Pigs indeed , such a fowl and misread animal . But all in all still created by God for a purpose . And as with all of Gods created creatures ,they serve to be a lesson for man .

Some pigs no doubt serve as enlightenment to some men , for that is God's plan for them - to serve as a lesson to men .

Hi Merlin,

I believe the word you are searching for is (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dictionary.reference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=foul"]foul[/url] not (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dictionary.reference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=fowl"]fowl.[/url]

In any case, I agree. The question is, will people learn from that lesson even when it stares them in the face? :D

Peace,

AS

Nah akhi AS I don't think they care to eat pig or not..

(109:6) Lakum Deenu Kum Wali Yah Deen: To you be your Way, and to me mine..

Mujaheeda , I wasn't talking about eating pigs ....and neither was Allah's Slave .

Pigs eat their own excretia because men have put them in pens , in addition we alter them physically , pigs unaltered by man , and in the wild are called boars , and boars do not eat their own excretia .They do however search for roots in mud .

I do not however question ANYONES dietary habits or compulsions .

There are vegans who consider it a sin to eat any animal or product of an animal [milk cheese eggs etc ] even fish .

And many fish are scavengers , eat excretia etc .

I do not have any argument against religious rules regarding diet ........follow your conscience and you will never go wrong .

Pigs, what are they?  An animal that is so overwhelmed by its own desire for food that it will eat nearly anything without regard to little more than whether or not it will fulfill its desire.  This includes, but is not limited to, pork, excrement of other animals, and “occasionally, in captivity, they eat their own young.â€

To satisfy its desire it goes looking for whatever can be found to fulfill itself. 

This animal has much in common with many humans.  Some humans have such a desire to prove others (read: Muslims) wrong that they will search out anything they can find (read: Ayahs quoted with no regard to context or historical precedent) that they believe casts a negative light on their beliefs (read: Islam) and seek out these ‘others’ to display what they think fulfills this desire. 

If these pigs could think more, (even though they’re alleged to be one of the most intelligent animals) maybe they would understand. 

AS

hm r u talking about the animals or how 'now-a-days' people are turning into these animals...i.e. police :D

Nah akhi AS I don't think they care to eat pig or not..

(109:6) Lakum Deenu Kum Wali Yah Deen: To you be your Way, and to me mine..

Jazakallah khair bro but this topic was started more as a parable to gain insight than to advertise the prohibition of pork. I started it so certain people might have light cast on their own behavior and consider reforming accordingly.

AS

Thanks for the spelling correction Allah's Slave , [i dont use spellcheck ] but I think you caught my drift.

p.s. you will not win arguments [or converts ] with rude comparisons .

message of wisdom for you this day :

"the door swings both ways "

Helloo,

The fact that people recognize this parable in themselves means that, unless they change, they have already lost.

And for your daily dose of wisdom:

Sûrah az Zumar 39.41

'Verily We have revealed the Book to thee in Truth, for (instructing) mankind. He, then that receives guidance benefits his own soul: but he that strays injures his own soul. Nor art thou set over them to dispose of their affairs.'

Therefore, I need not worry about winning arguments or converts because that's not my responsibility! More importantly, I KNOW that!

Man it feels good to be a Muslim :D

Peace,

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

Some humans have such a desire to prove others (read: Muslims) wrong that they will search out anything they can find (read: Ayahs quoted with no regard to context or historical precedent) that they believe casts a negative light on their beliefs (read: Islam) and seek out these ‘others’ to display what they think fulfills this desire. 

I have to say, i find it a bit rich that you suggest that this only occurs in an "anti-muslim" sense....muslims are humans too and i'm afraid they share the same foibles as the rest of us

I have to say, i find it a bit rich that you suggest that this only occurs in an "anti-muslim" sense....muslims are humans too and i'm afraid they share the same foibles as the rest of us

I agree, we're all produced from the same mold. The fact is, you don't find me on christian (or any other religion's) forums trying to tell them why they're wrong.

Peace,

AS

I tried to qualify that statement here:

and seek out these ‘others’ to display what they think fulfills this desire.

Peace,

AS

mmm...well i look at it like this. Allah created pigs, same as he created everything else. and there is alot to be said about how pigs live naturally, and how farm animals are kept today; in the most disgusting condotions. i know i've worked on farms.

we are forbidden to eat pigs, ok easy. no problem to me.

but a pig is still a living thing.

so if i found one injured, lost or frightened, then i would stop to help it. and if i knew that someone keeping pigs was mistreating them, i would report them to the relevant authority.

it's that simple.

mmm...well i look at it like this. Allah created pigs, same as  he created everything else. and there is alot to be said about how pigs live naturally, and how farm animals are kept today; in the most disgusting condotions. i know i've worked on farms.

we are forbidden to eat pigs, ok easy. no problem to me.

but a pig is still a living thing.

so if i found one injured, lost or frightened, then i would stop to help it. and if i knew that someone keeping pigs was mistreating them, i would report them to the relevant authority.

it's that simple.

i agree with you too sis. it's the best way for a muslim.

pigs are like a filth cleaning machine. they eat whatever they find. this is very good for nature and we should protect them but they are not for eat :D

hm r u talking about the animals or how 'now-a-days' people are turning into these animals...i.e. police  :D

Wasnt that always the case :D

even without close living conditions, I believe pigs would of course have diseases and other bacteria or infection that is harmful to humans

even without close living conditions, I believe pigs would of course have diseases and other bacteria or infection that is harmful to humans

Only those that would be natural to any animal in the wild , and just as humans would contract naturally .

We have managed to defile the animal kingdom , by penning them , as chickens are susceptible to diseases too , that would not be contracted in the wild , but are contracted by close quarters and unsanitary and unatural conditions .

Only those that would be natural to any animal in the wild , and just as humans would contract naturally .

We have managed to defile the animal kingdom , by penning them , as chickens are susceptible to diseases too , that would not be contracted in the wild , but are contracted by close quarters and unsanitary and unatural conditions .

ahh yes, agri-business. another product of the old profit-over-quality rationale that is what helps businesses (formerly farms) succeed in the capitalist market.

unlike other more distant industries, the change in food quality directly effects our development.

this is why it's good to eat halal :D

Peace,

AS

You got that right . But what it really comes down to , is conscience over profit .

Will we ever be there ? I think not , not in this life .

Mad cow disease is a perfect example of man upsetting nature and paying a price for it .[cows are vegetarians - DUH ] But to save money on feed ,what do we do ?

Bird Flu in China , that has the potential to kill millions? More of the same .

Insecticides and fertilizer rather than observing age-old land management practices - leaving fields fallow and crop changing , are ignored over profit . Again we pay a price .

Hi Merlin,

I believe we've gone off topic so I started a thread in the political section to talk more about economics and the effect on society (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=17048"]here.[/url]

I'll be awaiting your ideas :D

Peace,

AS