Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
persianx

Terrorist Syria Kills In Lebanon Again !

Deadly Blast Rocks Christian Neighborhood in Beirut

Friday, January 25, 2008

BEIRUT, Lebanon — A car bomb Friday killed one of Lebanon's top terrorism investigators who was probing assassinations of prominent anti-Syrian figures and a series of other attacks in recent years.

Capt. Wissam Eid, 31, worked for the police intelligence agency which is closely tied to the Western-backed government and had survived two previous assassination attempts. The attack also killed his bodyguard and three passers-by and wounded 37 people, police said.

A huge plume of black smoke rose from the site of the attack in the Lebanese capital. Television footage showed orange flames shooting up into the sky, as several cars burned and firefighters struggled to put out the flames.

Graphic televised images showed a body slumped behind the wheel of a delivery truck ripped apart by the blast and two other bodies on the ground. The bombing set a dozen vehicles ablaze and ripped a crater in the asphalt 12 feet wide and 6 feet deep. It shattered windows hundreds of feet away and knocked motorcyclists off roads.

Lebanon is deeply and bitterly divided along pro- and anti-Syrian lines. A prolonged crisis has left the country without a president since Nov. 23 because the two camps cannot agree on a candidate or the makeup of a future government.

Since 2005, the country has seen a series of bombings including the assassinations of eight prominent anti-Syrian figures.

As a senior officer in the intelligence department, Eid had handled "very important" files including "all those having to do with the terrorist bombings," national Police Chief Brig. Gen. Ashraf Rifi said.

His work in the technology field was believed to include sifting through millions of telecommunication tips and cellular phone contacts as part of those investigations.

Eid was "one of the most important officers in the intelligence department," Interior Minister Hassan Sabei said. "They are trying to hit the backbone of the Lebanese state, which is security."

Sabei pledged the attack would not deter Lebanon from working "toward the goal which is independence and freedom."

As news of the killing spread to Eid's hometown of Deir Ammar, north of Beirut, dozens of angry villagers burned car tires and blocked a highway leading from the Mediterranean coast to the Syrian border for a few hours.

Eid had survived two other assassination attempts, including a bomb targeting his house, Sabei told LBC television.

In Washington, White House press secretary Dana Perino was asked if Syria was behind Eid's killing.

"I don't know that for sure. I wouldn't put it past them," she said. She condemned it as "an attack by those who seek to undermine Lebanese institutions and democratic processes and to delay further the selection of a new Lebanese president."

The police intelligence department Eid worked for is close to the anti-Syrian majority that controls Lebanon's government and parliament and it and has been often criticized by the pro-Syrian opposition.

Syria has been fingered in many of Lebanon's recent bombings, including that of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005. His assassination triggered political upheaval and international pressure that forced Syria to withdraw its army from Lebanon that same year, ending almost three decades of domination of its smaller neighbor.

Islamic militants also were suspected in some of the explosions.

Legislator Saad Hariri, the former prime minister's son and leader of the anti-Syrian parliament majority, implicitly blamed Syria for the "despicable crime." Seeking Arab nations' help, he said the killing should prompt a "new appeal ... (to make) the Syrian regime take its hand off Lebanon."

"They shall pay the price," he said of the culprits. "We fear no one but God and we will defend Lebanon's independence."

Damascus has denied any role in the bombings. It also condemned Eid's killing, as did its ally Hezbollah, the Islamic militant group which leads the Lebanese opposition.

Arab League Chief Amr Moussa, who earlier this month failed in Beirut talks to reconcile the feuding factions, warned against letting Lebanon "slip into an abyss."

Lebanese Sports Minister Ahmed Fatfat said Eid was on his way from a meeting at the headquarters of the U.N. commission investigating the Hariri's assassination.

But Sabei said Eid was on his way to work and the discrepancy could not be immediately reconciled.

The blast ripped through the Christian eastern neighborhood of Hazmieh. It was the deadliest bombing since last September, when a pro-government lawmaker Antoine Ghanem was killed along with six other people in another Christian suburb.

The amount of explosives used in Friday's blast — 154 pounds — was the most since Hariri and 22 others were killed in a February 2005 by more than a ton of explosives.

The explosion came just two days before Arab foreign ministers were to meet in Cairo to discuss the Lebanon crisis.

PropellerAds

Get proof that the Syrians did it.

Yes in lawless Earth you may have the right to accuse people without proof but I don't think we live there.

By the time you have your idea of proof zeinab , the Syrians will have wiped out all true Lebanese leaders .

Methinks you're closing your eyes .

But hey , you don't have to worry if you're not Lebanese and living in Lebanon .

If you are .........then you had better wake up .

Peace,

How many world leaders have the US had assasinated and does it merit calling the US a terrorist? Until you realise you're as bad as the next guy there's little point in trying to rationalise anything that happens on earth.

Umm, not many that I can think of. Allende, perhaps, a few attempts on Castro - who else? (I'm not denying that there are any others, I just can't think of any.)

ah , a minimalist .....go tell that to the Lebanese , who , whenever they raise up a leader for the real Lebanon...the Syrians kill them .

Besides , a muslim opened the thread , go tell him .

Mossad and CIA have assassinated or attempted to assassinate numerous leaders all over the world. Do you want to know more about the assassinations etc?

Syrian government was not and is not involved in the assassinations in Lebanon because the assassinations might/may harm the presence of Syrian armed forces in Lebanon that were/are trying to protect Lebanon from the Zionist terrorism. The israeli regime knew that it would have to fight the Syrian Armed Forces in Lebanon if israel wanted to invade and occupy Lebanon so Mossad agents assassinated the Lebanon prime minister and framed the Syrian government for the crime it had nothing to do. Then the West force Syria Armed Forces to leave Lebanon for good. And then we saw how the israeli regime of terror attacked and invaded Lebanon, attacked and destroyed civilian targets in Lebanon and terrorized and massacred innocent Lebanese and Palestinian people who are Muslims and Christians in 2006.

Allah is the All-Mighty......Hezbollah soldiers, who are the Lebanese citizens, fought and defeated the brutal Zionists soldiers after the Zionists had invaded Lebanon. The Zionist soldiers simply ran back to israel blaming the israeli regime for the shameful defeat.

And now Mossad agents are assassinating more Lebanese people to pit Lebanese people against one another and blame and frame Syria for the Zionist crimes. We know the Zionist media are framing Syria and the media have failed to show us any concrete evidence to link Syria to the assassinations in Lebanon. All we read is the Zionist baseless allegations against Syria.

LOL.....you mean all we read are " Lebanese baseless allegations against Syria " ....

But I guess you , ###### ,...... YOU know better than the Lebanese themselves ,no ?

LOL.....you mean all we read are " Lebanese baseless allegations against Syria " ....

But I guess you , ###### ,...... YOU know better than the Lebanese themselves ,no ?

Why don't you tell us how the Lebanese Maronite Christians, led by the Phalangist party and militia cooperated with the israeli regime of terror to terrorize, torture and massacre 3,000-3,500 innocent and defenseless Palestinian and Lebanese people in Lebanon during the infamous Zionist-Christian massacre of Palestinian people? Have you forgotten about the Sabra and Shatila massacre? I am sure there are many Lebanese traitors who are still serving the israel regime of terror by carrying out assassinations and bombings in Lebanon to destabilize Lebanon and start civil wars.

Dont go pointing at something else . we are talking about what SYRIA IS DOING TO LEBANON AND THE LEBANESE .....SPECIFICALLY .....KILLING LEBANESE AND ASSASINATING THEIR LEADERS .

Dont change the subject ###### . The maronites have got nothing to do with Syria , nor do the christians ,the zionists , or anyone else .

You want to bring up "massacres " ? what about the 10,000 Lebanese christians slaughtered in 1982 ?

WHO DID THAT ###### ??????

The FACT that Syria is murdering Lebanese , KILLING their leaders by Assasination , is a charged leveled by the LEBANESE THEMSELVES ...

Do YOU know better than they ??????????????

By the time you have your idea of proof zeinab , the Syrians will have wiped out all true Lebanese leaders .

Methinks you're closing your eyes .

But hey , you don't have to worry if you're not Lebanese and living in Lebanon .

I ask for proof and what do I get? All I get is help the suffering Lebanese! Guess what I am a suffering Lebanese and you know what I want? I want the American administration, French administration and all the so called world powers to leave us alone, then and only then can Lebanon live in a bit of peace.

Leaders??? The only Leader killed was Hariri the others were politicians or journalists. Not that there death is less of course but Lebanon still has a lot of leaders more than it needs really.

Wake up to what? Ever since the so called leaders made the UN resolution 1559 and this country has gone to hell.

Tell me, who do you think was responsible for Hiriri's assasination ?

Who wanted this country to become full of chaos and political instability. Syria could not have wanted that because it was in Lebanon. Why would it do something that would make it leave?

It aint the Americans , French or anyone else screwing your country up ....it's SYRIA . Got plenty of leaders ? GOOD ! Syria's got plenty of bullets .

lol....sure you aint Syrian Zeinab ?

I ask for proof and what do I get? All I get is help the suffering Lebanese! Guess what I am a suffering Lebanese and you know what I want? I want the American administration, French administration and all the so called world powers to leave us alone, then and only then can Lebanon live in a bit of peace.

Leaders??? The only Leader killed was Hariri the others were politicians or journalists. Not that there death is less of course but Lebanon still has a lot of leaders more than it needs really.

Wake up to what? Ever since the so called leaders made the UN resolution 1559 and this country has gone to hell.

Who wanted this country to become full of chaos and political instability. Syria could not have wanted that because it was in Lebanon. Why would it do something that would make it leave?

I see you are not all that accutely aware of the issues in your own country . Do you actually LIVE in Lebanon , or are you Lebanese simply by your ancestry ???

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #39. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

Mossad and CIA have assassinated or attempted to assassinate numerous leaders all over the world. Do you want to know more about the assassinations etc?

###### knows all about 'false flag' and 'black ops'. He claims to have been an Army commander trained in counter insurgency AND to have had FIVE majors in college. FIVE MAJORS !! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!! What a douchebag.

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #40. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

Dear members

When quoting someone, we kindly request that you quote only the words that you will comment on. Quoting specific words makes your reply more meaningful, and helps other members follow your discussion in a more productive way.

Quoting a full post to comment on part of it is a violation of forum rule #39

This might not be relevant to this topic but i'll post it anyway.

One of the many signs of Qiyamah, the Muslim tribulation, includes a prophecy transmitted by Abu Nadhrah about

Iraq and Syria that was fulfilled by America’s mercenary Gulf War I and the occupation of Iraq by US carpetbaggers

in 2003:

"We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah when he said: Soon the people of Iraq will neither receive

any food nor any money. We asked: Why would such a thing happen? He replied: Because of the non-Arabs. Soon the

people of Shaam (Syria) will neither receive any money nor grain. We asked as to why this would happen. He replied:

Because of the Romans [Europeans/Christians]."

Safety and peace be upon the Ummah.Ameen.

May Allah (swt) unite us all.Ameen.