Islamic Forum
borbus

Istanbul

i've got new pics ^^

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img187.imageshack.us/img187/2604/phot0001fo0.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img81.imageshack.us/img81/4865/phot0003at5.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img225.imageshack.us/img225/7558/phot0007bz1.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img187.imageshack.us/img187/4792/phot0079wm4.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img187.imageshack.us/img187/9563/phot0080ur2.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img225.imageshack.us/img225/6419/phot0081di6.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img225.imageshack.us/img225/9325/phot0082lh3.jpg[/img]

this one is taken on the floors of the way of yeni (new) mosque ^^

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img147.imageshack.us/img147/3959/phot0083ms9.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img132.imageshack.us/img132/3407/phot0086al3.jpg[/img]

this graves are from the very old times, and those are in the garden of Sultan 1. Abdulhamit's and other important persons' graves.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img136.imageshack.us/img136/7931/phot0087iu6.jpg[/img]

PropellerAds

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img402.imageshack.us/img402/8521/phot0088jb7.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img220.imageshack.us/img220/6752/phot0089ds1.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img141.imageshack.us/img141/23/phot0090aq8.jpg[/img]

you can see these birds always in the garden of Yeni Masjid :sl:

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img220.imageshack.us/img220/4251/phot0093ob8.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img402.imageshack.us/img402/9400/phot0094tp2.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img95.imageshack.us/img95/4921/phot0095mk6.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img132.imageshack.us/img132/9158/phot0097bq3.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img402.imageshack.us/img402/8840/phot0101ol0.jpg[/img]

I noticed that i sent the pictures within very big sizes, so i apologise to you and i wont do that one more time inshallah :sl:

Really nice pictures :sl: Thanks for sharing them ...I want to come Turkey now!

You are always welcomed here bro :sl:

here is what i took. i live in Istanbul and i sometimes took photos of historical moswues, they are amazing, though i live in here from the birth, i still become kind of woow :sl:

well i dont know how to put the pics here so iam trying at least, i hope i dont do any wrong :sl:

here is the link inshallah :

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######img148.imageshack.us/img148/6944/phot0155hx5.jpg"]######img148.imageshack.us/img148/6944/phot0155hx5.jpg[/url]

Thats Yeni Cami [at] Eminonu/Istanbul :j:

I took better picture of this Masjid, once my picture sending becomes active i will post it inshallah :)

That would be perfect Mehmet,i am looking forward to see it :sl:

Salamu alaykum,

I researched some pictures and found these. :sl:

It is Ortakoy Cami (Mosque) from different views.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img338.imageshack.us/img338/4513/ortakoycami1jj6ar9.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img405.imageshack.us/img405/6726/ortakoyisortdp7.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img338.imageshack.us/img338/3844/cimg2518du0uf2.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img338.imageshack.us/img338/1807/ortakoyny3.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img338.imageshack.us/img338/3180/image002os9.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img338.imageshack.us/img338/5014/adszff1.png[/img]

Edited by muzur

:sl:

Amazing pictures Muzur my sis! I've done a study of the Aya-Sofya (it's History), nice architecture.

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures above- when you take more, whip them up on here soon :sl:

Salaam

Turkey is very beautiful country. Great pictures by everyone :sl:

I hope to visit it one day.

Safety and peace be upon you all.Ameen.

Salams,

if you need a spiritual place, why dont you come here :sl:

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img204.imageshack.us/img204/1478/6786blamoskeqn5.jpg[/img]

Blue Masjid they say but we say Sultan Ahmet Masjid. :sl:

Edited by muzur

Now i am on Mission Istanbul!!! woohooo...

Salamu alaykum,

^ woow brother, mashallah! I am happy for you. What mission are you coming here for?

Salamu alaykum,

^ woow brother, mashallah! I am happy for you. What mission are you coming here for?

Oh no sister, you misunderstood. Actually the place is so beautiful i thought to come over there, just for sight seeing and meeting muslims bro's and sis's.

That is the reason for mission istanbul.. lol. I don't think i will be there in coming 5 to 10 years. But still you are there to show us more pics, right??

Oh no sister, you misunderstood. Actually the place is so beautiful i thought to come over there, just for sight seeing and meeting muslims bro's and sis's.

That is the reason for mission istanbul.. lol. I don't think i will be there in coming 5 to 10 years. But still you are there to show us more pics, right??

Salamu alaykum,

lol sorry for misunderstanding :j:

Actually i see loads of tourists around. I see many many arabs and pakistanis especially. Inshallah you can also come here one day =) Yeah i can put some other pictures inshallah. I dont take pictures much anymore, dunno why but i'll try my best to put whatever i have on my laptop :no:

Salamu alaykum,

lol sorry for misunderstanding :sl:

Actually i see loads of tourists around. I see many many arabs and pakistanis especially. Inshallah you can also come here one day =) Yeah i can put some other pictures inshallah. I dont take pictures much anymore, dunno why but i'll try my best to put whatever i have on my laptop :sl:

Thanks sister, actually i like all old places like egypt, syria and your country. I will come there inshallaah, if i get a chance.

Here are some pictures.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img527.imageshack.us/img527/681/09062008ankaradabircaminw4.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img291.imageshack.us/img291/3017/09062008ankaradabircamihx1.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img291.imageshack.us/img291/8082/09062008ankaradabircamixv0.jpg[/img]

These are from a Masjid in Ankara. I hate Ankara because i feel alone there and i must admit that theres no spiritual atmosphere. The biggest Masjid in TURKEY is in Ankara called Kocatepe Camii. I went there with my friends for praying tarawih last ramadan and i think its really cool but i have no pictures of there. These pictures are from another Masjid that i am surprised to come across actually. ( I dont remember its name)

Salams, other interesting pictures.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img291.imageshack.us/img291/8073/12062008mehteranfatihbedk1.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img115.imageshack.us/img115/2573/12062008mehteranfatihbeau9.jpg[/img]

These are traditional Ottoman Military Band.

With Osman Gazi in 1299 began the mehteran to play for ages in wars, shows and celebrations saying: "Blood is his hand, blood is his sword, bare is his breast, full of trance his heart. Passing with joy on the road to Allah"

In 1826 they were abolished, in 1911 they formed again a team, in 1914 they organized and took the name Mehterhane-i Hakani (Royal Mehter Band).

They witnessed World War I and the War of Independence.

Beethoven and many western musicians composed music inspired by them. And the Mehteran, also called Askeri Mizika Teshkilati (Military Music Organization) played for ages and continues to do so with enthusiasm.

They are not valid anymore but their music contunies. With traditional clothes and music they go to some celebrations. I once listened and watched them live and believe me, that was the most amazing music i ever heard.

The Mehter Band

Horsetail, Sign Of Rank

Commander Of The Band

Flags

Zurna Musician

Boru Musician

Zil Musician

Davul Musician

Cevgen vocalist

Kos Drum

Nakkre drum vocalist

For more info:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmehter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home.php?link=mehteran&dil=en"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmehter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home.php?link=mehteran&dil=en[/url]

Edited by muzur