Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Farooq

Zaki Badawi Urge Women To Take Off The Hijab

London, Asharq Al-Awsat - Islamic leaders in London have called on British Muslim women to remove their veils so to blend in with the general public and avoid being targeted by extremists looking for vengeance.

In a conversation with Asharq Al Awsat, the community leaders blamed the imams of a number of Masjids for the deviant beliefs of Muslim youths and the lack of a firm stand against extremism. They called for practical steps to be taken to prevent young Muslim men and women from falling into the trap of terrorism.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslims.co.uk/blog/_archives/2005/7/26/1077331.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslims.co.uk/blog/_archives/20...26/1077331.html[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

Who is he? And why would he say stupid thing like that?

Another self-imposed "Muslim Leader" who wants publicity.

May Allah :D guide them, before their words take effect.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

His (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_people.africadatabase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/profile/15159.html"]profile[/url] says he's the Principal of the Muslim College in London, was the Imam at Regent's Park Masjid, and was educated at Azhar.

Maybe his comments were taken out of context; maybe he was talking about niqaab.

Wassalaam.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

To be honest, I am not surprised that he would say this (or other than this).

I was told that a few years ago he said (during an interview on Dutch TV) that the hijaab is not necessary anymore.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

abu suhaylah

:D :D if he did say that wa Allahu A'alam, May Allah :D give our brothers & sisters patience to deal with whats goin on in the UK . :D

just incase any1 like me confuses zaki badawi with jamal badwi the 2 are very differnt

this is jamal badawi- the good scholar mashallah!

8307.jpg

and this is the zaki badwi

badawi_zaki.jpg

This is sad news.

Look in the times of our prophet SAW and all what he and the companions went through, did any take off their hijabs? I know we can do this for our protection but really why should we be afraid ? Only one we should be afraid of is Allah SWT.

There was a story i heard a while ago and forgive me if i get it alittle wrong but it was about some of the companions who was captured and was told they would go free if they said they didnt belive in Allah and or messenger SAW but they had such strong faith masha'Allah that when they was being tortured and having their limbs cut off they said if only they had more limbs to affirm their faith. Subhan Allah!

Let us be like them, Lets us show them they can do anything to us and it will not hurt us because Allah is with us. Would you rather feel the pain in this life or the hereafter? I know which one i'd choose.

May Allah increase our strength and may we hold proud to our religion whatever trial we face....Ameeeen

Edited by TearsOfMaHeart

AMeeen!

What?? is wearing the hijaab considered 'extemism' now?

Salaam

:D :D

What exactly is wrong with wearing a hijab?

Situation isnt great but it isnt that bad, (My mum, sister have never had a problem and continue to have no problems)

Astagfirullah! Times like this we should be sticking to our faith stronger than ever. We have nothing to be ashamed of.

Guest amani

i hope no one listens to his *advice*

infact, after all these bombings etc i am going to wrap the niqab tighter round my face than ever before :D

:D ,

wow! subhanAllah! Tommorrow, perhaps, he would say we should no longer come to masaajid for prayer. Ya rab!

:D .

Funny, when I saw the title of this thread, I was thinking of Zainab Badawi, the journalist.

No, hijabs are great. They lend a sense of mystery, and it's all the eyes anyway. I think Muslim men should wear them too. Of course, Muslim men don't lower their gaze in public as they should, so why should they do any more? Let all the onus be on Muslim women...

'The Qur'an says: "Say to the believing man that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands..." (Qur'an 24:30-31)'

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jannah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sisters/hijab2.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jannah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sisters/hijab2.html[/url]

Hijabs [ (www.)"http://en.wikipedia/wiki/Image:Iraqi_girl_smiles.jpg"]example[/url] ] are fine, and I find the coloured ones can be quite pleasant/attractive to look at. Niqabis #### on the other hand are indeed quite vile.

Edited by Z-247

Is that meant to be funny?

Yes

There was my opinion entwined in there somewhere though. It's inescapable that most atheists see the full head dress as cultural repression of female beauty and freedom.

Well to me it is very offensive. And I am fully aware of what you and those like you believe, but you would be hard pressed to find a Muslim woman in the West who does not wear it out of choice. Putting that aside, this is how the wives of our Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and other Muslim women would dress, so I see your post as nothing except a mocking of Islaam. And the freedom you speak of is more in the form of men wanting to be free to look at women, but what about the women's right to have the freedom to cover herself in order to prevent the ogled monsters looking at them?!

Well to me it is very offensive. And I am fully aware of what you and those like you believe, but you would be hard pressed to find a Muslim woman in the West who does not wear it out of choice. Putting that aside, this is how the wives of our Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and other Muslim women would dress, so I see your post as nothing except a mocking of Islaam. And the freedom you speak of is more in the form of men wanting to be free to look at women, but what about the women's right to have the freedom to cover herself in order to prevent the ogled monsters looking at them?!

There was, of course, no offense intended.

In the matter of choice, when a child is brought up with expectations from their family I think there is little choice unless they wish to alienate them. It is their parents view till they mature - but that will have still impressioned on them.

In the matter of freedom. I will unashamedly say women are beautiful creatures - I don't like to see them locked away under rags. I have looked at the Islamic teachings briefly, is there a reason why anyone would wear the full face masks, if the Hijabs are fine for most others?

It does not matter where you intened, please be more careful with your words in future. I believe you truly are ignorant, most Muslim women in the West do not even wear the hijaab let alone the face veil, in fact less and less are, and the wearing of the face veil is not something which is usually impossed on any woman, be they a mother, a daughter, a sister or a wife, it is usually something that the woman herself decides to wear, and she does so to please her Creator, and I guess that she also does so in order to hide from people like you who just want to stare at her.

It does not matter where you intened, please be more careful with your words in future. I believe you truly are ignorant, most Muslim women in the West do not even wear the hijaab let alone the face veil, in fact less and less are, and the wearing of the face veil is not something which is usually impossed on any woman, be they a mother, a daughter, a sister or a wife, it is usually something that the woman herself decides to wear, and she does so to please her Creator, and I guess that she also does so in order to hide from people like you who just want to stare at her.

Well now you are replying to things I never said, and calling me ignorant for them. Unless that was just a jibe at a kafir.

Also, speaking of rudeness, I find it quite offensive sir that you accuse me of staring at women, as though I am some gawking parrot! I assure you a short admiring glance is most chivalrous.

Now you are putting words in my mouth, I never mentioned the word Kaafir, I called you ignorant (which the Arabic word for is Jaahil), the two words are very different as you can see. And regarding your ignorance I was speaking specifically about the issue of why women choose the face veil and nothing more than that. And you are the one who said you like to look at women, so you said it as opposed to me putting words into your mouth, but let us not loose sight of why we are even talking to one another, and that reason is as you no doubt know, your offensive post about the face veil.