Islamic Forum
Sister_Truth

How Many Brothers...

How many brothers would like to marry a revert sister?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many brothers would like to marry a revert sister?

• Yes i would prefere
    • Yes, i wouldnt care really
    • no i wouldnt ever marry one
    • i dont want to vote
    • other

PropellerAds

Salaam

As long as shes a good Muslim then yes I would consider, no problems at all :D

:D

only if she has been a muslim for alteast a year and practising , it;ll make things more easy on both

Edited by slave

If there were two women of equal Iman, knowledge of Quran & Hadith, etc., I would, insha'Allah, choose the woman who reverted because I did too. I have no problem with women raised in Islam but I would always wonder if I am doing things right or if they are second guessing my Salat or something.

With a revert I don't think I would feel such a way and hopefully there would be good communication where those things could be taken care of in a good way.

Good post though :D

AS

I odnt know why i smiled at your post Allah's slave. Why would you think that the born muslimah would second guess you?

I would look at it this way: She is helping me increase my knowledge. Having said this, not all born-muslimahs have plenty of knowledge in Islam. In fact in my experience, reverts have more Islamic Knowledge than born-muslimahs. Cos they inquire, ask and investigate before accepting things.

No because of culture problems, every1 got a bit of culture in them

Edited by kandahari

I would without hesitation.. :D because as far as my personal experiences go the reverts tend to practice Islam, whereas the ones born a Muslim take if for granted..(not all but most).

Personally I dont care as long as shes practising now :D..

Ok slightly offended that the brothers think that we born into Islam dont practice it as well as reverts.

I know a few brothers married to reverts and the only so called problem they are having is about food.. the sister is Canadian and the brothers are Indo/pak so what they do is cook both food on certain days and alternate :D..

Ok slightly offended that the brothers think that we born into Islam dont practice it as well as reverts.

The same is true of the men also. Many of the male reverts I've met put your average Muslim-raised to shame. They learn more in a year than many of us do in our lifetimes.

On the topic, it doesn't matter either way aslong as the person is practising and learning.

Asalaam Alikum

A practising Muslimah is a Practising Muslimah, regardless of birth or revertion.

I would have no preference, they are both equal in the eyes of Allah and that is good enough for me.

Asalaam Alikum

A practising Muslimah is a Practising Muslimah, regardless of birth or revertion.

I would have no preference, they are both equal in the eyes of Allah and that is good enough for me.

Perfectly said Mash'Allah :D :D

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Good answer bro Chrism, mA.

Wassalaam.

I'm against the idea that a woman/man converts to Islam to get married to a muslim/muslimah.

as long as she converted to Islam for the greatness of Islam and without any pressure. why not? I don't mind at all

However, culture is very, very, very important as well. besides Islam, both the man and woman have to be open to each other's cultures if they're different.

Technically reverts are far better muslims than the born ones, firstly by the fact that they are well aware of the base, the core of Islam, whereas the born muslims (in general, dont throw rotten eggs at me) tend to be guided to prayers and other customs, and we readily accept it with out knowing their true value, coz our fore father did so. Again this is in general i am talking about.

As far as marriage is concerned .. i personally hafta go with Bro Allah's Slave's opinion, everything in a relationship will go smooth as long as there will be equality in it. Therefore there wont be any reason, the other partner would feel superior to one another.

Sister Swanlake (with the kitty on caffeine icon) your opinion would be of limited potential. Learning from someone is a good thing, but not from the person you will love and spend your life with, you tend to see him/her as you better and equal half and would be more free and intimate if he/she was of your level.

Men are born with EGO and Pride in them, no matter how hard you supress it, its still there.

Learning about Islam from an elder or a teacher, where the relationship is formal is a different case, where there is a student master relationship. But learning things from a spouse can have its consequences. At the beginning, out of sheer love, you may accept what he/she says. But later as the days pass by, you will consider it as nagging and mess up everything.

Coz unlike the student teacher relationship, you share a rather friendly and intimate relationhip with your spouse where you can be yourself and if she/he starts correcting you and all that, you mite take it offensive, and as a means to taunt you.

i am speaking from the male's perspective. All men are basically of the same mentality unlike the females.

Those were my crap :D .. and back to the question.

I dont mind marrying a revert, as long as she will love me for who i am and accepting me the way iam.

I dont tend to marry on the basis of practicing coz first of all i aint a SAINT to start categorizing people on that basis.

I am a student and will forever seek knowledge till i die but i would prefer a revert coz she also has the craving and the thirst as i do. (for knowledge that is :D ) If i do learn from her then it would probably something we are both studying TOGETHER.

But then again .. Allah (s.w.t) made everyone in pairs, sooner or later you hands will be held firm with his/her hand :D

Culture clashes are just a bunch of balonies. One Life, One love, One Deen: Islam. Forget categorizing and just live happily. We are the Children of the same parents, dont separate us on the basis of culture.

Edited by genetic_freak

I wouldn't mind marrying a revert sister as long as she has been muslim for at least a year and a half. Also as long as she knows it would be a big adjustment to getting people around us used to the cultural differences and such.

I actually want to marry someone outside of my culture and nationality so lets see what happens.

Assalamu alaikum

I don't mind marrying a revert sister. There isn't much difference except maybe race, which parents might have an issue with.

i prefer revert too. if someone reverted to Islam then he/she knows its value.

but i want someone from my culture.

Sister Swanlake (with the kitty on caffeine icon) your opinion would be of limited potential. Learning from someone is a good thing, but not from the person you will love and spend your life with, you tend to see him/her as you better and equal half and would be more free and intimate if he/she was of your level.

i'm sorry, but i laughed at that description, i.e. the kitty on caffeine icon. out of the context of this thread, but it is a cute icon nevertheless. but i must say it again, i found the description amusing!

wassalam.

essalamu alikum

sure why not, and like you all said its about the deen

essalamu alikum

:sl:

I know a few brothers married to reverts and the only so called problem they are having is about food.. the sister is Canadian and the brothers are Indo/pak so what they do is cook both food on certain days and alternate :)..

:wa:

As-salaamu 'alaikum

LOL! Tell me about it, I like to have my Sunday roast lunches every day of the week, but I end up most days with roti and lentils, alhamdulillaah!

And yes, I would have considered and did consider marrying a revert sister, but then again I am a revert myself!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

PS – Reverts come from many different cultural backgrounds and races, you have Indian, Filipino, Chinese, German, English, Jamaican, and Argentinean reverts, and so on and so fourth.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I have just noticed you have an option called "I don't want to vote", and 4 people have voted for that option, is that not a bit of a contradiction in terms?!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

abu suhaylah

Assalam-u-alikum

i wouldn't mind whoever she is, as long as she is a practising muslim and loves me.

wasalaam