Islamic Forum
Sister_Truth

How Many Brothers...

How many brothers would like to marry a revert sister?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many brothers would like to marry a revert sister?

• Yes i would prefere
    • Yes, i wouldnt care really
    • no i wouldnt ever marry one
    • i dont want to vote
    • other

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

We are all reverts in a way, reverts have to learn new things about the deen and so do the born muslims! I personally wouoldn't care if she was bron muslim or a revert, as at the end of the day either one would be a muslim.

Wa'Salam.

PropellerAds
Assalamu'Alikum,

We are all reverts in a way, reverts have to learn new things about the deen and so do the born muslims! I personally wouoldn't care if she was bron muslim or a revert, as at the  end of the day either one would be a muslim.

Wa'Salam.

See...thats what i was trying to say

:D

I voted for the 'I don't want to vote' option.

I voted for the 'I don't want to vote' option.

If you didnt want to vote, then you have done what you didnt want to do...cause you voted for that option.

Assalam-u-alikum

i wouldn't mind whoever she is, as long as she is a practising muslim and loves me.

wasalaam

I basically agree with this..

As Salaam Alaikum,

Yuck. I am so disguisted when people think that reverts are better Muslims. It's like "What in the world are you talking about?". I know plenty of reverts who don't practice Islam as they should, and I know many borns who do practice Islam as they should.

I mean poeple tell B&R muslims they should be "nice" and open-minded to reverts, but why should we when it seems that many are walking with an ego in their head of "I'm better than you becuase I've been Muslim shorter but know more".

This reminds me of that story that was surfing on the net about the revert Muslim who thinks they know all about Islam, the second they convert. Plenty of it was so true.

I would never marry a man who prefers either. Just, just.

salaam

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

I think we should all stop generalising. Any revert that reads this psot might even be put off...by some of us!

Wa'Salam.

As Salaam Alaikum,

Yuck. I am so disguisted when people think that reverts are better Muslims. It's like "What in the world are you talking about?". I know plenty of reverts who don't practice Islam as they should, and I know many borns who do practice Islam as they should.

I mean poeple tell B&R muslims they should be "nice" and open-minded to reverts, but why should we when it seems that many are walking with an ego  in their head of "I'm better than you becuase I've been Muslim shorter but know more".

This reminds me of that story that was surfing on the net about the revert Muslim who thinks they know all about Islam, the second they convert. Plenty of it was so true.

salaam

yes i agree with you, too many of us have this sterotype that reverts are better then those who have been muslims all there lives. people who think that should really study the prophets last sermon again, there is no differnce a "muslim" who doesnt practice cant be compared to a revert who practices Islam. but still we should be nicer to reverts as they have probly left behind alot for the sake of Islam.

As long as she meets the criteria of a practicising Muslimah, born or revert, it wont bother me InshaAllah.

In the end its all Qadr, Allah has already intended someone for me.

only if she has been a muslim for alteast a year and practising , it;ll make things more easy on both

Brother please don't take offense because none is intended, but I can't agree with your reasoning, although you are entitled to your opinion.

A friend of my accepted Islam after living with me for 3 months and she was very diligent. I was surprised and very happy with this new sister.

A brother asked for her hand in marriage after she had been muslim only 7 months and then she continued to learn at his hand. It made their relationship a strong and happy one and he also got rewards for all he taught her.

There are positive benefits and perhaps rewards of Jinnah for him .....

Salaamualaikum.

Assalamu Alaikum, I would love for my son to marry a revert inshaAllah. Hopefully someone would want to marry him.

SubhanAllah, I dont believe this.........

As Salaam Alaikum,

I mean poeple tell B&R muslims they should be "nice" and open-minded to reverts, but why should we when it seems that many are walking with an ego  in their head of "I'm better than you becuase I've been Muslim shorter but know more".

salaam

Sis. Dema, I dont understand your last sentence, could you explain it please.

Wow, all this negativeness. We are the followers of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, and we say we love him, then where is our humility and love for our brothers, and how come there is so much pride inside us.

I have quite a few Revert (New Muslim) friends, and I can tell you I found my Allah, by being in their company, and I love them for Allah and will always be thankful to them for everything I learnt from them.. May Allah bless them in both the worlds, Ameen.

No one should pass generalized statements, I believe in the saying "You see in a person what is inside of you", meaning a thief will look at others suspecting them to be like him, that is a thief.

There is a Hadith which means something to the effect that When a person embraces Islam then all their previous sins are forgiven, they are pure as a new born babies. I know there are bad and good amongst born Muslims and new Muslims, who are we to judge, everyone will answer for their actions.

By the way I am a born Muslim alhamdulillah, did my Islamic duties routinely, but reverted to Islam and really started learning and practicing for the pleasure of Allah since the last 29 years.

SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC PLEASE EVERYBODY FORGIVE ME, BUT i NEEDED TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST. Wassalamu Alaikum.

Edited by masoom